Video out alternative? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-29-2013, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello AVS,
I was searching google, looking for an answer to my question but it was unsuccessful. I did stumble across this forum during my hunt though, so I hope someone here can help.
I'm working in a lab and we are currently using an old CRT to view experiments taking place under the microscope. We use the 'video out' on the rear of the CRT to run to the desktop computer which has software which allows us to record the video of our experiments for later viewing.
My boss wants to upgrade from his CRT to a nice flat screen, but finding one with video out seems to be an issue.
Can anyone suggest an alternative to this method? or even better, a flat screen with a 'video out'?

Thanks in advance

Johnny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-29-2013, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfjohn View Post

Hello AVS,
I was searching google, looking for an answer to my question but it was unsuccessful. I did stumble across this forum during my hunt though, so I hope someone here can help.
I'm working in a lab and we are currently using an old CRT to view experiments taking place under the microscope. We use the 'video out' on the rear of the CRT to run to the desktop computer which has software which allows us to record the video of our experiments for later viewing.
My boss wants to upgrade from his CRT to a nice flat screen, but finding one with video out seems to be an issue.
Can anyone suggest an alternative to this method? or even better, a flat screen with a 'video out'?

Thanks in advance

Johnny

Johnny
I think you can pretty much forget about video out in todays AV world. The old CRT's are 480 resolution displays and composite. How are you getting the signal out of the microscope? Try slitting that signal with a Y cable. One to the display and the other side to the computer. Take a look at this site for what you need, or into the computer first and then into the display. I assume there is a video out on the computer.
http://www.monoprice.com
post #3 of 3 Old 07-29-2013, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the response Phil.
We ended up splitting the video signal, sending the video to the TV for live viewing, and also sending it to the computer so it can be recorded. This worked perfectly and now we can buy a nice big flat screen for live viewing instead of the old ~20" CRT. biggrin.gif
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page