Samsung KN55S9C 55 inch OLED owners thread - Page 18 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 241Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
Morning5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mile13 View Post

In the 2010 VE Shootout Sony NX810 had a better picture. The LX9500 was LGs Flagship, the NX810 is a Sony midrange.
http://www.cnet.com/news/panasonic-vt25-plasma-wins-hdtv-shootout/

3. LG 55LX9500 (full-array local dimming LED-based LCD)
4. Sony KDL-55NX810 (edge-lit local dimming LED-based LCD)

Well strange that an edge lit tv with very limited dimming, the Sony, would have better picture quality than the FALD LG.

Last year I bought a Sony 955a in an attempt to update my LG LX9500. I only had it for 1 week, even tough it had a sharp image and rich colors, I couldnt stand the grayish blacks, dark scenes with a light source looked very bad -even weaker blacks-

Well LG has the bestt tv in the world, no doubt, the 77" OLED with 4K that launched in Canada.
Morning5 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-09-2014, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,418
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2063 Post(s)
Liked: 1948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning5 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mile13 View Post

In the 2010 VE Shootout Sony NX810 had a better picture. The LX9500 was LGs Flagship, the NX810 is a Sony midrange.
http://www.cnet.com/news/panasonic-vt25-plasma-wins-hdtv-shootout/

3. LG 55LX9500 (full-array local dimming LED-based LCD)
4. Sony KDL-55NX810 (edge-lit local dimming LED-based LCD)

Well strange that an edge lit tv with very limited dimming, the Sony, would have better picture quality than the FALD LG.

Last year I bought a Sony 955a in an attempt to update my LG LX9500. I only had it for 1 week, even tough it had a sharp image and rich colors, I couldnt stand the grayish blacks, dark scenes with a light source looked very bad -even weaker blacks-

Well LG has the bestt tv in the world, no doubt, the 77" OLED with 4K that launched in Canada.

 

Launched?


Thought #AOI: The planets in our solar system are: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Saturn, Jupiter, Caelus, and Neptune. Get used to it so that we can finally learn about the coolest planet ever without a single puerile joke from idiots who think they were the first one to come up with one.
tgm1024 is offline  
Old 05-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
Yappadappadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hamburg/Germany
Posts: 873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Liked: 501
Probably not.
I remember someone posting a link to some news about the 77" being in stock somewhere. There was the mention about import sets, but even that I wouldn't believe it.

Sony 50W685
Yappadappadu is offline  
Old 06-09-2014, 11:55 PM
Member
 
kasuza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 13
OLED Bleeding?

kasuza is offline  
Old 06-10-2014, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,418
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2063 Post(s)
Liked: 1948
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasuza View Post

OLED Bleeding?

 

I'm sorry, what are you trying to point out?  Can you circle the issues with an image editor and repost?

 

Do you mean the white blotches on the surface?  Everything else is a reflection it seems.


Thought #AOI: The planets in our solar system are: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Saturn, Jupiter, Caelus, and Neptune. Get used to it so that we can finally learn about the coolest planet ever without a single puerile joke from idiots who think they were the first one to come up with one.
tgm1024 is offline  
Old 06-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Member
 
kasuza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

I'm sorry, what are you trying to point out?  Can you circle the issues with an image editor and repost?

Do you mean the white blotches on the surface?  Everything else is a reflection it seems.

White blotches on right of TV. I tried to clean it with Samsung fiber cloth and rub it with cleaning solution for TV but it won't come out. It appears on other Samsung models as well.
kasuza is offline  
Old 06-10-2014, 05:45 PM
 
vinnie97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nunya
Posts: 11,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1014
^There's your sign ("other models"). Not OLED-related specifically but it sounds to be due more to infamous Samdung QC.
bombertodd likes this.
vinnie97 is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 10:22 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
that right,i like it very much,thank you
textbiguola is offline  
Old 06-13-2014, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,418
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2063 Post(s)
Liked: 1948
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasuza View Post
White blotches on right of TV. I tried to clean it with Samsung fiber cloth and rub it with cleaning solution for TV but it won't come out. It appears on other Samsung models as well.
On grays / white / colors?

When the TV is off??????

Thought #AOI: The planets in our solar system are: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Saturn, Jupiter, Caelus, and Neptune. Get used to it so that we can finally learn about the coolest planet ever without a single puerile joke from idiots who think they were the first one to come up with one.
tgm1024 is offline  
Old 06-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Member
 
kasuza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
On grays / white / colors?

When the TV is off??????
White colors whens TV is off but disappeared when TV is on . It's very annoying when i see white spot on my Samsung OLED TV .
kasuza is offline  
Old 06-14-2014, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,418
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2063 Post(s)
Liked: 1948
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasuza View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
On grays / white / colors?

When the TV is off??????
White colors whens TV is off but disappeared when TV is on . It's very annoying when i see white spot on my Samsung OLED TV .
Ok, that's not a bleed of any kind, that just sounds like some weird imperfection under the facing glass.

You said they all had something like that?

Thought #AOI: The planets in our solar system are: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Saturn, Jupiter, Caelus, and Neptune. Get used to it so that we can finally learn about the coolest planet ever without a single puerile joke from idiots who think they were the first one to come up with one.
tgm1024 is offline  
Old 06-14-2014, 02:13 PM
Member
 
kasuza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasuza View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
On grays / white / colors?

When the TV is off??????
White colors whens TV is off but disappeared when TV is on . It's very annoying when i see white spot on my Samsung OLED TV .
Ok, that's not a bleed of any kind, that just sounds like some weird imperfection under the facing glass.

You said they all had something like that?
These spots appeared on Samsung F8000 and other 2013 models. I don't know about other Samsung OLED TV but my set has these annoying spots after 2 months and few more in corner.
kasuza is offline  
Old 06-19-2014, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
5x10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,052
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 604 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizziwig View Post
To me, any set that's incapable of showing a couple letter-boxed movies without burn-in is not viable. I predict a class action lawsuit similar to what happened with all the failing SXRD sets a few years ago. The fact they are trying to unload these lemons with constant large price drops does not inspire confidence either. My thanks and condolences go out to all the unlucky early adopters of the LG. At least you've helped the rest of us avoid a large headache.

We can only hope that LG has a solution to their problems and will use it when they start manufacturing at their new plant.
i know its an old post, but where is the evidence supporting permanent burn in from a couple of letterbox movies?
I have had the tv for almost a week, have watched about 10 hours of letter box movies and see no IR or burn in
I am not running slides, so im going off of what i see while watching tv, loading up xbox(which gives me a gray screen), apps, etc
but, i see 0 burn in or IR, and this is coming from a plasma with burn in of a tv channel logo
5x10 is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 09:19 PM
Member
 
kasuza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
Ok, that's not a bleed of any kind, that just sounds like some weird imperfection under the facing glass.

You said they all had something like that?
Samsung denied my warranty due to physical damage while technician said different. . Is anyone see physical damage on my TV? I am very mad and rage about it.
kasuza is offline  
Old 08-02-2014, 01:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Pres2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Closing in on 1 year now. Happy to report zero dead pixels and no IR or BI. Colors are as fresh as they were on day one and picture is still gorgeous. Living with the S9C has been heavenly. Can't wait for Samsung to surprise us with a 65- or 77-inch 4K OLED monster soon. I'd seriously consider a larger OLED screen, flat or curved. Bring it on Samsung!
tubby497 and Vegas oled like this.
Pres2play is offline  
Old 08-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Advanced Member
 
Morning5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres2play View Post
Closing in on 1 year now. Happy to report zero dead pixels and no IR or BI. Colors are as fresh as they were on day one and picture is still gorgeous. Living with the S9C has been heavenly. Can't wait for Samsung to surprise us with a 65- or 77-inch 4K OLED monster soon. I'd seriously consider a larger OLED screen, flat or curved. Bring it on Samsung!
Oh, I'm glad you have enjoyed this great Samsung OLED. Samsung OLED owner kasuza, wasnn't as lucky, his tv was defectuous but Samsung denied the repair: "Samsung denied my warranty due to physical damage while technician said different. . Is anyone see physical damage on my TV? I am very mad and rage about it."

http://www.avforums.com/threads/sams...ed-tv.1872517/ ""To people who own Samsung OLED TV's (KN55S9C)....
I'm in Korea. I bought the OLED TV last Tuesday (KN55S9C) and it had a burn-in.
So I called the customer support and the technician came.
He checked the burn-in and he said "we don't have any parts in stock anymore. we don't have any parts at all regarding this TV model. The only thing you can do is ask for a refund".

If I was kasuza I would think Samsung denied repairing my OLED tv because they don't have spare parts for it.
Morning5 is offline  
Old 08-02-2014, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JWhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Wayne, PA
Posts: 4,836
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres2play View Post
Closing in on 1 year now. Happy to report zero dead pixels and no IR or BI. Colors are as fresh as they were on day one and picture is still gorgeous. Living with the S9C has been heavenly. Can't wait for Samsung to surprise us with a 65- or 77-inch 4K OLED monster soon. I'd seriously consider a larger OLED screen, flat or curved. Bring it on Samsung!

It is nice to see that you have been having success. However, I wouldn't hold my breath on that larger Sammy. Maybe in 2016.
JWhip is online now  
Old 08-02-2014, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JWhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Wayne, PA
Posts: 4,836
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning5 View Post
Oh, I'm glad you have enjoyed this great Samsung OLED. Samsung OLED owner kasuza, wasnn't as lucky, his tv was defectuous but Samsung denied the repair: "Samsung denied my warranty due to physical damage while technician said different. . Is anyone see physical damage on my TV? I am very mad and rage about it."

http://www.avforums.com/threads/sams...ed-tv.1872517/ ""To people who own Samsung OLED TV's (KN55S9C)....
I'm in Korea. I bought the OLED TV last Tuesday (KN55S9C) and it had a burn-in.
So I called the customer support and the technician came.
He checked the burn-in and he said "we don't have any parts in stock anymore. we don't have any parts at all regarding this TV model. The only thing you can do is ask for a refund".

If I was kasuza I would think Samsung denied repairing my OLED tv because they don't have spare parts for it.

Just read that thread. If that is true, that is terrible customer service and another reason not to buy anything from Samsung.
JWhip is online now  
Old 08-02-2014, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Pres2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhip View Post
It is nice to see that you have been having success. However, I wouldn't hold my breath on that larger Sammy. Maybe in 2016.

2016 is fine. Just hope ~ $10k for the 77-inch by then. Maybe the LG will be that price at least.
Pres2play is offline  
Old 08-02-2014, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Pres2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning5 View Post
Oh, I'm glad you have enjoyed this great Samsung OLED. Samsung OLED owner kasuza, wasnn't as lucky, his tv was defectuous but Samsung denied the repair: "Samsung denied my warranty due to physical damage while technician said different. . Is anyone see physical damage on my TV? I am very mad and rage about it."

http://www.avforums.com/threads/sams...ed-tv.1872517/ ""To people who own Samsung OLED TV's (KN55S9C)....
I'm in Korea. I bought the OLED TV last Tuesday (KN55S9C) and it had a burn-in.
So I called the customer support and the technician came.
He checked the burn-in and he said "we don't have any parts in stock anymore. we don't have any parts at all regarding this TV model. The only thing you can do is ask for a refund".

If I was kasuza I would think Samsung denied repairing my OLED tv because they don't have spare parts for it.

Yeah, that's pretty unfortunate what he experienced with Samsung customer service. I hope he was able to resolve the issue or get his money back from where ever he got it. I personally only deal with the retailer, so I'm very selective where I buy. If the store can't help, I simply don't buy from there ever again.
Pres2play is offline  
Old 08-02-2014, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Wizziwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 1,830
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres2play View Post
Closing in on 1 year now. Happy to report zero dead pixels and no IR or BI. Colors are as fresh as they were on day one and picture is still gorgeous. Living with the S9C has been heavenly. Can't wait for Samsung to surprise us with a 65- or 77-inch 4K OLED monster soon. I'd seriously consider a larger OLED screen, flat or curved. Bring it on Samsung!
Let us know if you can find how many hours are on it. This info is sometimes available in the user or service menu.
Wizziwig is online now  
Old 08-02-2014, 11:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Pres2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 252
115,290 minutes = 1,921.5 hours.


If I have time tomorrow, I'll check peak white and color accuracy with CP and i1displaypro




Is the preview post still available here? Don't see the option box anymore.
Pres2play is offline  
Old 08-03-2014, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Wizziwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 1,830
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres2play View Post
115,290 minutes = 1,921.5 hours.


If I have time tomorrow, I'll check peak white and color accuracy with CP and i1displaypro




Is the preview post still available here? Don't see the option box anymore.
Yes, you might need to hit the "Go Advanced" button to see the "Preview" button.

Have you done any touch-up calibrations during the time you've owned it? I'd be curious how much drift there's been in color temperature and brightness since it was first calibrated.

Your results so far sound much better that what I've seen from long-time LG OLED owners. They all seem to have dead pixels, especially beyond 1000 hours.
Wizziwig is online now  
Old 08-03-2014, 01:08 PM
 
Vegas oled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,988
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1050 Post(s)
Liked: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres2play View Post
115,290 minutes = 1,921.5 hours.


If I have time tomorrow, I'll check peak white and color accuracy with CP and i1displaypro




Is the preview post still available here? Don't see the option box anymore.
Congratulations on your OLED success, although I have the LG i would have purchased a Samsung OLED but never did see one. The best way too continue to enjoy your OLED is don't read this forum. There will always be people who will like to rain on your parade.

Good luck and many more years of OLED enjoyment.
Vegas oled is offline  
Old 08-04-2014, 01:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Pres2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizziwig View Post
Yes, you might need to hit the "Go Advanced" button to see the "Preview" button.

Have you done any touch-up calibrations during the time you've owned it? I'd be curious how much drift there's been in color temperature and brightness since it was first calibrated.

Your results so far sound much better that what I've seen from long-time LG OLED owners. They all seem to have dead pixels, especially beyond 1000 hours.
Oops, Preview Post was right in front of me


Haven't recalibrated in months, but I measured peak white today and it's about the same: 122 cd/m^2 at 100% white. This is with the cell light setting at 6 and contrast at 93. It's good for cable-TV, but I usually raise cell light for Blu-ray. Shouldn't be this way, but I find that in most cases 2.4:1 needs more brightness on OLED screens.


Color drifted a bit, but I'm not worried, the dE values are so low. I'll just recalibrate some time soon. Actually, I'm contemplating what to do with my RadianceMini-3D, which I purchased for this set. I got it for the 10-point white balance control feature, but I'm bothered by the handshake between my Oppo player, the Mini and the Samsung. It's created a delay in the system where the sound system comes on first and the picture stumbles in a second later, but in sync. I can't take it anymore. I think I'll just use a calibration disc and remove the Mini. It's a slower process but I want my system back.


Below are a few snips from the ChromaPure measurements.


I'm following the LG threads, like all AVS members who are excited by this very cool display. The 2nd gen sets look even better. Wouldn't be surprised if my next set is a 3rd gen LG OLED.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	August 3 peak white.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	195969   Click image for larger version

Name:	August 3 pre-cal grayscale.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	195977  
slacker711 and Morning5 like this.
Pres2play is offline  
Old 08-04-2014, 02:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Pres2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
Congratulations on your OLED success, although I have the LG i would have purchased a Samsung OLED but never did see one. The best way too continue to enjoy your OLED is don't read this forum. There will always be people who will like to rain on your parade.

Good luck and many more years of OLED enjoyment.

Thanks, Vegas oled. Congrats on your purchase, too. I don't know about you, but my Blu-ray collection has exploded since OLED arrived. If you get the chance, pick up Game of Thrones, season three and be amazed.
Vegas oled likes this.
Pres2play is offline  
Old 08-06-2014, 12:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Wizziwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 1,830
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Those are some very good results and I see no need to re-calibrate yet. Looks like Samsung's solution to OLED color drift is working very well so far.

Was the 122 cd/m^2 at 100% white reading for a full screen or windowed pattern?
Wizziwig is online now  
Old 08-06-2014, 07:42 AM
 
Vegas oled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,988
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1050 Post(s)
Liked: 749
I wish these were sale for a reasonable price as LG, tired of dying sub-pixels.
Vegas oled is offline  
Old 08-07-2014, 12:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Pres2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
I wish these were sale for a reasonable price as LG, tired of dying sub-pixels.

Ha, got the Sammy because LG was $10K at the time. Also got a nice deal from Robert at Value Electronics


Edit: So much pressure on LG and so little time for WOLED to grow legs. I'm really pulling for them.

Last edited by Pres2play; 08-07-2014 at 01:50 AM.
Pres2play is offline  
Old 08-07-2014, 01:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Pres2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizziwig View Post
Those are some very good results and I see no need to re-calibrate yet. Looks like Samsung's solution to OLED color drift is working very well so far.

Was the 122 cd/m^2 at 100% white reading for a full screen or windowed pattern?

Which is a better indicator of color drift, the points on the CIE chart or the grayscale's color temperature values? Or both? Are plasma sets susceptible to color drift, too, this early?


I use the 6.5% windows. Don't want dimming due to ABL.


I did remove the Radiance Mini today to eliminate the video delay I mentioned earlier. I'll miss the Mini's 10-pt gamma feature, but shadow detail is still excellent without it.
Pres2play is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Tags
Samsung Kn55s9c Curved Panel Smart 3d Oled Hdtv
taboola here
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off