Samsung LE32R51B calibration issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-02-2013, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi,

my LCD TV is still a good one (though pretty old now - it's almost 10 years), but it has always been affected by an annoying issue which I'd call "over-saturation" of brightness. I mean, the higher brightness areas of the pictures have very little, or no shadow details at all.

I'm playing around with the white balance service menu (e.g. http://www.scribd.com/doc/35337569/23/White-Balance-Calibration), with little success.

I'm trying to do the calibration using a picture with 16 gray level bars, a jpeg image shown by a DVB-T set-top-box image browser and sent to TV through the SCART input. The three brightest bars and the two darkest ones can't distinguished. Other than that, white balance is ok (i.e. no artifact colors can be seen).

Executing the "AV Calibration", as suggested in paragraph 4.3.1, I can see the picture brightness continuously changing from full brightness (total white) to complete black and then back to brightest. During these cycles I can clearly see several levels which are optimal and would like to fix them. Issue is that this bright-to-dark cycle never ends. I haven't found a way to stop it, except returning to main service menu, which doesn't fix the calibration levels and returns to the original, bad ones.

When I try changeìing manually the sub-brightness and sub-contrast (see 4.3.2), though some values can make the second black bar appear, I can't find any value to make the lighther ones to show up.

Although the 4.3.2 calibration cycle clearly shows there must be some parameter that can be tuned to fix the problem, even going over the other menu items (e.g. see 4.2.2 - Menu 4 SVP-EX - Picture Gain Adjust) I haven't find any that actually change significantly that white calibration.

Any suggestion / idea / docs?

thanks
Fabio

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-02-2013, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

realized later - probably to move over the "display calibration" forum?

Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

Tags
Samsung

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page