post #5101 of 5110 Old Yesterday, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
That's ABL. Plasmas also do that.
this, automatic brightness limiter (thats my guess on what it means)

you will see that when the majority of your screen is white, but it will not be present on letterbox movies or mixed content
on another forum, there is a guy going into the service menu to see if he can alter ABL as he says its changes the colors/gamma when its on/off

i do think mine is progressively getting more yellow or that i am more aware of it now
i need to view it on white slides over time to see if its getting worse
during content viewing, some scenes look yellow but then i switch to standard or vivid mode and its gone, so i know some of it is from the settings themselves(custom isf2)

Last edited by 5x10; Yesterday at 09:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5102 of 5110 Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
this, automatic brightness limiter (thats my guess on what it means)

you will see that when the majority of your screen is white, but it will not be present on letterbox movies or mixed content
on another forum, there is a guy going into the service menu to see if he can alter ABL as he says its changes the colors/gamma when its on/off

i do think mine is progressively getting more yellow or that i am more aware of it now
i need to view it on white slides over time to see if its getting worse
during content viewing, some scenes look yellow but then i switch to standard or vivid mode and its gone, so i know some of it is from the settings themselves(custom isf2)
Thanks guys. The ABL makes perfect sense. It doesn't really bother me like the yellow tint does. Even though I got this TV at a great price, I can't help but let my OCD surface on it. It would be nice to hear some feedback from other owners on if they see it and what their hour usage is at. Mine is currently at 180 hours.

post #5103 of 5110 Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked: 567
Quote:
Is the yellow getting worse with time?
So is this the result of uneven pixel wear?
post #5104 of 5110 Old Yesterday, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
So is this the result of uneven pixel wear?
i doubt it, need to establish that it is happening first, then try to diagnose

i wasnt aware of the yellowing until someone pointed it out, then i had to go and look at an angle to see it
straight on, its not present on my set, which would lead me to believe it has nothing to do with uneven aging as I would think it would be present from any angle

edit: found my usb with slides, put the white one up, and im not seeing any changes on mine. white from the front with some yellow dimming from the side

jewdaddy, do you have any slides you can reference to see if your seeing the yellow from the front? Im pretty sure there is a youtube vide of an all white screen for you to check with

Last edited by 5x10; Yesterday at 10:51 AM.
post #5105 of 5110 Old Yesterday, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewDaddy View Post
I'm starting to think I might possibly have a bad panel. And yes, I'm one of the lucky MC buyers. Can some of you guys test the viewing angle on this? The closer I walk up to the tv or the further to one of the sides I go, the picture starts to turn yellow. It's especially noticeable on white colors. Luckily it doesn't affect the black levels at all, they're still completely black, but everything else starts to get a yellow tint. Is this normal??? I thought one of the main benefits of OLED is the near perfect viewing angles. Maybe my expectations are just too high but I want to make sure I don't have a defective panel.

Thanks
it is normal and we discussed it a while back. Also noted by reviewers.
Is this unique to LG's WOLED implementation, or do Samsung's RGB panels have the same issue?
post #5106 of 5110 Old Yesterday, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Don't have the chance to view Samsung's now discontinued OLED TV. Unlike LG, Samsung no longer manufactures any new OLED TVs.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
post #5107 of 5110 Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
i doubt it, need to establish that it is happening first, then try to diagnose

i wasnt aware of the yellowing until someone pointed it out, then i had to go and look at an angle to see it
straight on, its not present on my set, which would lead me to believe it has nothing to do with uneven aging as I would think it would be present from any angle

edit: found my usb with slides, put the white one up, and im not seeing any changes on mine. white from the front with some yellow dimming from the side

jewdaddy, do you have any slides you can reference to see if your seeing the yellow from the front? Im pretty sure there is a youtube vide of an all white screen for you to check with

Here's a screenshot of the LG with an all white screen on YouTube. For the most part, it's uniformly white from straight on. Not sure if its visible in the picture but can you see the yellow push on the left side that I was mentioning? Should I be concerned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #5108 of 5110 Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 6
5x10 or anyone else, are you experiencing the random turnoffs? I'll be watching tv and the screen will go black, turn off (I hear the click), then turn back on.

It's happened twice tonight, and it happened a couple times the other night. I got the firmware today and thought that might fix it, and a few minutes later it rebooted itself again.

Love my LG, but this worries me a bit.
post #5109 of 5110 Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewDaddy View Post
Here's a screenshot of the LG with an all white screen on YouTube. For the most part, it's uniformly white from straight on. Not sure if its visible in the picture but can you see the yellow push on the left side that I was mentioning? Should I be concerned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine is also like that, didn't notice it earlier, will post pics later

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_rhythm View Post
5x10 or anyone else, are you experiencing the random turnoffs? I'll be watching tv and the screen will go black, turn off (I hear the click), then turn back on.

It's happened twice tonight, and it happened a couple times the other night. I got the firmware today and thought that might fix it, and a few minutes later it rebooted itself again.

Love my LG, but this worries me a bit.
Hasn't happened in a while
post #5110 of 5110 Old Today, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaktmestern View Post
900hours on my Oled now... feel im ready for calibration
That's a lot of hours, I guess you are liking it.......
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

Tags
Lg 55ea9800 Oled Hdtv , Lg
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page