post #5311 of 5326 Old Today, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaktmestern View Post
Update on my Oled it started to fail on me after 1000hours multiple stuck n dead pixeles. I got with a good fight my money refunded by the dealer. So its gone. Seems 1000 hours was the hour that the problem started.
Did you get a rough count or take ant photos to document how many sub-pixels and pixels were bad?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5312 of 5326 Old Today, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzledbiker View Post
Wow! Sux. Always something. Until LG can provide at least a one year warranty on the panel, I'll stay away.
They do provide a 1 yr warranty, which is great imo

Mine is still fairly new, coming up on 2 months and 250ish hours
if I have issues in the next few months, I will most likely get a newer model
not bad for being an earyl adpoter

Last edited by 5x10; Today at 01:30 PM.
post #5313 of 5326 Old Today, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
You can google up a video that CNET had during CES...better yet, here's the link. They showed the 77" as having a motorized, remote-controlled ability to change the screen from curved to flat.

http://www.cnet.com/news/lg-rolls-ou...xible-oled-tv/

I'm assuming the 77" model coming out soon will not have this ability?
Didn't see anything in the owners manual to indicate that it did. Looked specifically for it.
post #5314 of 5326 Old Today, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Last I heard about that motorized model was that they plan to release it in the next 3 years or so.
post #5315 of 5326 Old Today, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So... I'm trying to read through as many of these posts as I can, but I'm curious about its performance in various scenarios. I will be using this for Netflix, movies and gaming. Would it be good for console gaming, or is the input lag too high?

Either way, it looks like a fantastic display.
post #5316 of 5326 Old Today, 01:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruai View Post
So... I'm trying to read through as many of these posts as I can, but I'm curious about its performance in various scenarios. I will be using this for Netflix, movies and gaming. Would it be good for console gaming, or is the input lag too high?

If your a casual gamer I don't think you will have a problem, might be slow for a gaming fanatic, there are tricks to reduce lag. I would wait for 2014 model to purchase. Best buys is pre-booking at a very reasonable price and other online sellers should be lower.
post #5317 of 5326 Old Today, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 200
In Gaming mode, the input lag is very acceptable according to my kids using Xbox One compared to other modes. I'm too old to see or feel any differences
post #5318 of 5326 Old Today, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
If your a casual gamer I don't think you will have a problem, might be slow for a gaming fanatic, there are tricks to reduce lag. I would wait for 2014 model to purchase. Best buys is pre-booking at a very reasonable price and other online sellers should be lower.
I would wait for the 2014 version, but I was hoping to get lucky and get the 2013 model once it dropped down to $3000 or so. I can't really go much higher than that. But maybe I'll wait for the 2014 to drop a lot, haha
post #5319 of 5326 Old Today, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
I would wait for the 2014 version, but I was hoping to get lucky and get the 2013 model once it dropped down to $3000 or so. I can't really go much higher than that. But maybe I'll wait for the 2014 to drop a lot, haha
Keep in mind that there is no guarantee that the later models will follow this particular model's price drop craziness.

BTW, Are you 100% ok with 2k resolution?
post #5320 of 5326 Old Today, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:

I'm a hardcore gamer and play competitive online. I can honestly say that this is the best display I've owned for gaming other than my PC gaming monitor. When you play this in game mode, I can't detect any lag whatsoever. I'm sure it's there but not enough for me to notice.

It's kind of amazing how good this display makes even last gen console games look. I've been playing the Destiny beta on this beast and it was hard to concentrate as my jaw kept dropping to the floor. There's no content this tv can't handle and make it look the best it can possibly look. Ok, maybe I'm being too much of a fanboy but everything about this tv is fantastic. A little bit of yellow tint from extreme angles is the only issue I can see.

If you can find this tv for less than $3,000, I say jump on it. All of us on this board know from experience that waiting for the perfect display will only keeping you waiting forever because there is no such thing. Good luck!!!
Vegas oled likes this.

post #5321 of 5326 Old Today, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Yes this is driving me nuts! >
Wait for 55" 4k? Go to LCD or just jump on this? About ready to say "get off the fence. damn the torpedoes. and just order it!".

Last edited by grizzledbiker; Today at 03:33 PM.
post #5322 of 5326 Old Today, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Depends where you're coming from and what you're playing.
Having a 2013 Sony TV with 18 ms Inputlag I gave a 2013 Samsung TV a try which has 42 ms. Played some Halo 4, Dragon's Crown and Wipeout HD.
40+ ms isn't really fun if you're used to one of the Sonys. The difference was very noticeable to me, but you can still manage, which is what I'll try to do with one of the new OLED sets. I only hope that those don't have even higher lag than the 55 ms of the EA9800.

Last edited by Yappadappadu; Today at 02:53 PM.
post #5323 of 5326 Old Today, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

BTW, Are you 100% ok with 2k resolution?
Or do you prefer upscaled 2k
Stereodude likes this.
post #5324 of 5326 Old Today, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
Or do you prefer upscaled 2k
The 2K upscaling I've seen is fantastic, but either way that's just now. 4K content is likely going to show up sooner or later, which isn't a possibility to outright ignore. Plus IME, TVs often become repurposed as gaming or computer displays later on in which case having 4K might be something you're glad to have.

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
post #5325 of 5326 Old Today, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzledbiker View Post
Yes this is driving me nuts! > http://youtu.be/OOgpMCks46E Wait for 55" 4k? Go to LCD or just jump on this? About ready to say "get off the fence. damn the torpedoes. and just order it!".

If 55" is your size 4K will offer little in visual advantage. Most agree 65" and up and 65" is kind of small to appreciate 4k compared to the 79 & 78" screens. Make sure you purchase a warranty with OLED 3 years should get you past any unforeseen issues. 55" and where prices are OLED would be my choice. If you go 4K I would consider a 65", you will not regret going bigger.
post #5326 of 5326 Old Today, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
4K content is likely going to show up sooner or later, which isn't a possibility to outright ignore.
You mean 2k content that's been upscaled to UHD prior to consumer delivery instead of after?
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

Tags
Lg 55ea9800 Oled Hdtv , Lg
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page