Forum Jump: 

post #5761 of 5814 Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
Apparently I'm in a parallel universe because seriously guys, I see no square burn in, no letters, no nuthin at that arrow. Are the "PC letters" actually the letters P and C?

And no, I'm not kidding. I thought you all were joking until a moment ago.

Can someone actually trace a thin outline around the problem? This is weird. I see a number of very subtle red blotches, but that's all normal for any photograph.
Forget trying to make out letters and tune out the color red. Look for a faintly dark outline of "something" at a right angle where the arrow is pointing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5762 of 5814 Old Yesterday, 04:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Can someone trace the "PC lettering image" (whatever that is)? I don't see it.
Looks like a square to me

post #5763 of 5814 Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
Looks like a square to me

In the square I can see the PC letters.
post #5764 of 5814 Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglm View Post
Same it looks like a stamp.
post #5765 of 5814 Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 509
Wow, if that is imagine retention or burn in, what happens if you car gets dusty ? I mean if you would have paid me a million bucks to find that, I would have had a epic fail.......
post #5766 of 5814 Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 636
Quote:
Ok, perfect thanks. I cannot see it on my monitor as is. I believe it's because it's an older Sony XDM with limited bit depth and that is crushing the neighboring red levels together.

I put it into an image editor and had to @#$% with the gamma severely to see the box and the PC in it.

Thanks guys for pointing it out for me. It was driving me nuts.

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
post #5767 of 5814 Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
My local Fry's, micro center, and best buy have a bunch .

same in my market

and if you dont mind driving 2-3 hours.... a bunch of Panasonic 65"ZT60 floor models as well

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Pioneer SC37 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Yamaha A2010 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Onkyo 5009/906 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
post #5768 of 5814 Old Yesterday, 11:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Ok, perfect thanks. I cannot see it on my monitor as is. I believe it's because it's an older Sony XDM with limited bit depth and that is crushing the neighboring red levels together.

I put it into an image editor and had to @#$% with the gamma severely to see the box and the PC in it.

Thanks guys for pointing it out for me. It was driving me nuts.
Me thinks you need a new monitor.

Seriously, I don't know how anyone who cares about image quality can browse the internet on something where you can't make out something like that photo.

You can get a dirt-cheap 23" IPS LCD for < $150.
post #5769 of 5814 Old Yesterday, 11:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I can't, must be getting old

This makes 2 for 2 burn ins being on store displays
post #5770 of 5814 Old Today, 04:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Wow, if that is imagine retention or burn in, what happens if you car gets dusty ? I mean if you would have paid me a million bucks to find that, I would have had a epic fail.......
haha. I only saw it b.c vegas described where it was.

Quote:
I can't, must be getting old

This makes 2 for 2 burn ins being on store displays
It was easier to see on my phone.
post #5771 of 5814 Old Today, 06:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Oled is not a tv for a family or a tv if ur a vivid gamer.
post #5772 of 5814 Old Today, 07:19 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
With the exception of Cleveland Plasma who has a vested interest in minimizing any negative issues with these OLED's, I am surprised that anyone would not be horrified with the obvious burn-in being shown by Vegas OLED. I was very interested in this new TV & hoping to buy a 65" 4K model, but after seeing that post from Vegas there is no way I would spend this kind of money on this TV. I have CNBC running on my TV for many hours a day & it looks like the ticker at the bottom would be burnt in. I have a 55" Panasonic plasma now & it has the ticker burn-in but I did not pay anywhere near for it what these OLED's will be. I was expecting that for such a premium price I would not have to think about burn-in. It is shocking to me that the owners manual warns of this even after 1 hour.
post #5773 of 5814 Old Today, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked: 405
OLED is like a plasma, you need to keep it out of torch mode and not use it as as computer monitor. I have seen one with 3200 hours and a couple with well over a 1000 hours with no signs of burn-in.

There is no reason too be horrified, you only need to be careful just like with a plasma. I share this photo so owners do not get over confident and start using their OLED as a computer monitor. Because this is a BB demo nobody knows if the hard drive running the demo loop was froze or some other cause. I would be extremely Careful the first 200 hours.
post #5774 of 5814 Old Today, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaktmestern View Post
Oled is not a tv for a family or a tv if ur a vivid gamer.
NOT true, many owners have played hour s hours of video games without burnin. These owners also did not have their OLED on dynamic mode 18 hours a day with the same image on the screen.

The Frys display with 3200 hours probably close to 4000 hours now was running this same loop with no issues.
post #5775 of 5814 Old Today, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
OLED is like a plasma, you need to keep it out of torch mode and not use it as as computer monitor. I have seen one with 3200 hours and a couple with well over a 1000 hours with no signs of burn-in.

There is no reason too be horrified, you only need to be careful just like with a plasma. I share this photo so owners do not get over confident and start using their OLED as a computer monitor. Because this is a BB demo nobody knows if the hard drive running the demo loop was froze or some other cause. I would be extremely Careful the first 200 hours.
By "need to be careful" do you mean that after 3/4 of an hour I would need to change channels to avoid maybe getting burn-in? If that is the case then I'm not interested.
post #5776 of 5814 Old Today, 07:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by domm View Post
By "need to be careful" do you mean that after 3/4 of an hour I would need to change channels to avoid maybe getting burn-in? If that is the case then I'm not interested.
If your going to run CNN all day, I wouldn't get it
Like your plasma, the tech is susceptible to burn in

Btw, knowing plasmas get burn in, why did you buy one?
post #5777 of 5814 Old Today, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
With the exception of Cleveland Plasma who has a vested interest in minimizing any negative issues with these OLED's, I am surprised that anyone would not be horrified with the obvious burn-in being shown by Vegas OLED.
We may have a vested interest, but I could care less what you buy as long as you buy it from us

I guess you never read the master burn in thread where LED's can get a still image's stuck on the screen as well. It can not be called burn in because a LED has no phosphorus to burn in, but it is just like it.

Not to mention burn in is very hard to achieve. So we have 2 cases reported so far ? One on a demo unit at best buy and one a while back. I would say that is a fluke, not a problem, as of yet anyway...... Can not wait till the 65" come out so I can enjoy pure bliss ! Will I be careful about burn in, nope. Had plenty of plasma's and never had an issue.
Vegas oled likes this.
post #5778 of 5814 Old Today, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have had OLED on Fox News an others for a few hours here an there with zero issues the commercial breaks are enough to prevent an issue. The loop LG was running was short and they had no breaks with a OLED set on dynamic mode. This same scenario would be a problem for any plasma.

It is possible second gen panels may have some mods to reduce burnin. The characteristics of early trace IR that go away after the first few days was not something the gen 1 sets did so it looks like the break in is completely different. Always best too purchase second gen as the manufactures address any issues they can.

I should have photos up on the 9300 within a couple of hours.

Last edited by Vegas oled; Today at 08:36 AM.
post #5779 of 5814 Old Today, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
With the exception of Cleveland Plasma who has a vested interest in minimizing any negative issues with these OLED's,
I'm not comfortable with that characterization. There's no evidence that he's not being 100% honest here, so let's keep that as the operating assumption, ok?

Quote:
[...]I am surprised that anyone would not be horrified with the obvious burn-in being shown by Vegas OLED. I was very interested in this new TV & hoping to buy a 65" 4K model, but after seeing that post from Vegas there is no way I would spend this kind of money on this TV. I have CNBC running on my TV for many hours a day & it looks like the ticker at the bottom would be burnt in. I have a 55" Panasonic plasma now & it has the ticker burn-in but I did not pay anywhere near for it what these OLED's will be. I was expecting that for such a premium price I would not have to think about burn-in. It is shocking to me that the owners manual warns of this even after 1 hour.
I've seen enough to know that the IR/BI is just too risky so far. I've been following the physics of this technology for a while now---the technology is new; good things are certainly coming. Just not right now.

I still half wonder if another emissive tech will show up that outraces OLED before the OLED stuff is fully buttoned down.

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
post #5780 of 5814 Old Today, 09:02 AM

Quote:
If your going to run CNN all day, I wouldn't get it
Like your plasma, the tech is susceptible to burn in

Btw, knowing plasmas get burn in, why did you buy one?
At the time I bought my plasma I was not aware of the burn-in issue. It has only been in the last year or so that I have become more interested in the way these different technologies operate & perform, because I am in the market for a new TV & wanted to get informed. My plasma is 8 years old & I am happy I bought it (even with the burn-in), but I am just not willing to spend the kind of money that a 65" 4K OLED will cost & then have to be forever thinking about babysitting it. I was just surprised that such an expensive OLED TV would have this issue. My guess is, if I had known about the burn-in issue way back then regarding plasma I would not have purchased the plasma which thinking about it would have been a mistake because I have enjoyed it. In this case as I see it, the picture quality between a 65" OLED or high end 65" 4K LCD will be minimal for all except a very few discerning folks. Because I have been reading this forum for awhile I believe the OLED has the best picture quality so I was planning on paying a premium to get one & before the picture from Vegas was shown I was under the impression that the OLED's may have some IR but the IR would disappear very easily but burn-in was not an issue. I have seen a Samsung 65" 4K & also a 55" OLED from Samsung & LG & I loved all 3 of them but from my understanding LCD's do not have the burn-in issue so that is likly where I will be heading.
post #5781 of 5814 Old Today, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Wait till you see how the LCD sets come 'pre-burned in' for you, which is the way I think of visible uniformity issues that are stuck to the screen even if the semantics are different. I know which one will affect my viewing the most.
ChadThunder and Vegas oled like this.
post #5782 of 5814 Old Today, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post
Wait till you see how the LCD sets come 'pre-burned in' for you, which is the way I think of visible uniformity issues that are stuck to the screen even if the semantics are different. I know which one will affect my viewing the most.
Amen to that. How about when you move two seats over and your black levels cut in half after you just spent $8k on your 4k LCD.
post #5783 of 5814 Old Today, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post
Wait till you see how the LCD sets come 'pre-burned in' for you,
"pre-burned in" (?)

post #5784 of 5814 Old Today, 09:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
In this case as I see it, the picture quality between a 65" OLED or high end 65" 4K LCD will be minimal for all except a very few discerning folks. .
lets wait to see what a 65' 4k oled looks like next to a 4k lcd before we make the minimal assumption
IMO, the 1080' oled pq was easily recognizable, enough for me to buy one when i wasnt even in the tv market
post #5785 of 5814 Old Today, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

post #5786 of 5814 Old Today, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^ah, gotcha. (>Phew< ... thought I missed a press release or something)...

post #5787 of 5814 Old Today, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
"pre-burned in" (?)

The specter of burn-in really is only feared because it *could* be something you'll ever get and it *could* be something you'll see on the screen that is not part of what you are trying to watch on TV. Since I only think of things from the perspective of what I'm going to see on my screen from my couch (and not 1ft away with a camera that can over expose things), I consider anything that is on my screen out-of-the-box that shouldn't be there as sort of a 'Pre-Burn In' - such as the 5 vertical bands that eat up 30% of my screen on my LCD in any scene where theres sky's, golf courses, football games, underwater shots, etc. I got those benefits out-of-the-box and no amount of massage (swedish or otherwise) could alleviate it.

With my plasma I've only been able to actually see the stubborn IR from my couch on pitifully small number of occasions. I have 20/15 vision now (down from 20/10 a number of years ago), so I'm also 'lucky' enough to be able to see the pitifully small benefits that 4k provides in just resolution (although I do look forward to it for 3D purposes).

Last edited by mo949; Today at 09:40 AM.
post #5788 of 5814 Old Today, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I'm not comfortable with that characterization. There's no evidence that he's not being 100% honest here, so let's keep that as the operating assumption, ok?

I've seen enough to know that the IR/BI is just too risky so far. I've been following the physics of this technology for a while now---the technology is new; good things are certainly coming. Just not right now.

I still half wonder if another emissive tech will show up that outraces OLED before the OLED stuff is fully buttoned down.
I agree that "There's no evidence that he's not being 100% honest here" & that is why I did not say he was being dishonest so let's keep that as the operating assumption. OK?

Last edited by domm; Today at 09:42 AM.
post #5789 of 5814 Old Today, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
^^^ah, gotcha. (>Phew< ... thought I missed a press release or something)...
OLED's do not require massaging your TV to remove clouds, not as of yet anyway
post #5790 of 5814 Old Today, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

They found my 9300 in Los Angeles so I am back on track for tomorrow. I will start the owners page when I actually see the set. This should be a testimony to people on the fence that I shared a burn-in photo yet still believe with reasonable precaution I will avoid this from happening to me. I hope to give an honest opinion between the gen-1 and 2. I hope too provide an update on uniformity and dead sub-pixels.
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

Tags
Lg 55ea9800 Oled Hdtv , Lg
Gear in this thread - 55ea9800 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page