post #5821 of 5836 Unread Yesterday, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman425 View Post
Officially joined the 55EA9800 club today !!!

Manager offered me the display sitting inside Magnolia AV. They threw in a 4 yr warranty that includes burnt-out pixels AND burn-in.
All for less than the MC deal

Ran slides and noticed only 1 dead pixel (green). Some IR (ESPN logo) which I'm hoping is not permanent. If it's burn-in, then I'll use the warranty for a new set later on.

Off the Cleveland waiting list for the EC9300 but I'll be back for the 4K set in about a year.

Thanks to everyone who commented and helped my decision.
wow! I am going to try and get that deal this weekend. The first BB I went to said the display was not theirs to sell. Did you just approach the manager and ask?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5822 of 5836 Unread Yesterday, 05:32 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Almost 4k on hours. So kinda surprised there was only 1 subpixel out. Speaks volumes for longevity although Magnolia AV is relatively dim so the panels were not blasting in eyeball searing mode. The included 4 yr premiere warranty that covered pixels and burn-in sealed the deal for me. This TV dies on me, it will get fixed or replaced. Good placeholder while I wait for 4k to come down in price and improvements happen in OLED technology.

Thats the only reason to stay away. Very fragile technology.
post #5823 of 5836 Unread Yesterday, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnok89 View Post
That warranty he got is great though.
post #5824 of 5836 Unread Yesterday, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Almost 4k on hours. So kinda surprised there was only 1 subpixel out. Speaks volumes for longevity although Magnolia AV is relatively dim so the panels were not blasting in eyeball searing mode. The included 4 yr premiere warranty that covered pixels and burn-in sealed the deal for me. This TV dies on me, it will get fixed or replaced. Good placeholder while I wait for 4k to come down in price and improvements happen in OLED technology.
Great news! 4k hours and only one dead sub
Thanks for the info!
post #5825 of 5836 Unread Yesterday, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnok89 View Post
I do not know about fragile, his unit could last forever even though it is a floor model. If anything it is luck of the draw. You name a manufacturer, then name a technology, and then name a product. I will in turn name a guy who would never buy one again because of a premature failure and I will name another guy who would only buy that said product.
dsinger and Vegas oled like this.
post #5826 of 5836 Unread Yesterday, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
I do not know about fragile, his unit could last forever even though it is a floor model. If anything it is luck of the draw. You name a manufacturer, then name a technology, and then name a product. I will in turn name a guy who would never buy one again because of a premature failure and I will name another guy who would only buy that said product.
Amen Chris. I expected to see a few more burnt out pixels so I was pleasantly surprised to see only one. Actually ran slides again because I thought I was missing something !
post #5827 of 5836 Unread Yesterday, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

although this tv has some gray scale uniformity issues(most all pics i have seen, including my tv, show a darker far right hand side of the screen), its certainly not as bad as some of the UHD lcds, look at the pic below for comparison(middle 2)

oled may not be perfect, but its pretty darn close imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post

The two winners, the PN64F8500 (top right) and the 55EC93000 (bottom right), also had the widest viewing angles.
post #5828 of 5836 Unread Yesterday, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
wow! I am going to try and get that deal this weekend. The first BB I went to said the display was not theirs to sell. Did you just approach the manager and ask?
Maybe Magnolia and BB have different policies even if they have the same corporate front? They are making room and display for the EC leaving the older sets out for clearance. Ask for the manager.
post #5829 of 5836 Unread Yesterday, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Maybe Magnolia and BB have different policies even if they have the same corporate front? They are making room and display for the EC leaving the older sets out for clearance. Ask for the manager.
I think I just got a bozo at the bestbuy I went to. I'm going to go to the one I normally shop at. How much did you pay? You said less than the MC deal of $1999?
post #5830 of 5836 Unread Yesterday, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
although this tv has some gray scale uniformity issues(most all pics i have seen, including my tv, show a darker far right hand side of the screen), its certainly not as bad as some of the UHD lcds, look at the pic below for comparison(middle 2)

oled may not be perfect, but its pretty darn close imo
Interesting that the 8500 tied an OLED even though it was in such a horrendous position. Had the positions been reversed and the OLED scored lower, some here would have had strokes from screaming bloody murder....
5x10 likes this.

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
post #5831 of 5836 Unread Yesterday, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
Interesting that the 8500 tied an OLED even though it was in such a horrendous position. Had the positions been reversed and the OLED scored lower, some here would have had strokes from screaming bloody murder....
I think a lot of people are very familiar with the f8500, so they took the location into account.
post #5832 of 5836 Unread Yesterday, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 644
Quote:
Interesting that the 8500 tied an OLED even though it was in such a horrendous position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
I think a lot of people are very familiar with the f8500, so they took the location into account.
Could be. But I'm not sure I'm psyched about people trying to mentally balance such things though.

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
post #5833 of 5836 Unread Yesterday, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
According to the first owner, it seems the EC9300 was not tested with the final firmware ? So the performance could be now much better than in the shootout.

Was TruMotion set to 0/0 at the LG OLED TV? That improves motion to 600 lines without soapeffect.

The Plasma is not bright enough to match an OLED TV in daylight viewing. So for me still no contest for the LG and even in dark rooms the LG has the best black level and contrast. The software bugs can be fixed with an update and the issues posted are more software than hardware related. Only with OLED you get the best of both worlds and with the new EC-Series it´s getting cheaper now.
Morning5 likes this.
post #5834 of 5836 Unread Yesterday, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 681 Post(s)
Liked: 443
Quote:
Your correct and I considered exactly what you said. You also must consider how many f8500 diehards show up at theses things and will be still claiming its fame 5 years from now. It really does not matter what order the top three come in at, it really is a personal preference. None better than the others in everything.
post #5835 of 5836 Unread Yesterday, 07:14 PM
Advanced Member

Couple of pics of gray slides(not sure why they are not showing gray, these are both the dark gray slides in the set)iPhone 5 camera

post #5836 of 5836 Unread Today, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello.

I have read that you need to be careful watching 2.35 : 1 and 4:3 content initially but do not know how to change these ratios to full screen while using the LG Netflix app. I have been able to use the 16:9 and zoom features for regular viewing.

Can someone help?

Thank you.
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

Tags
Lg 55ea9800 Oled Hdtv , Lg
Gear in this thread - 55ea9800 by PriceGrabber.com