post #121 of 121 Old 05-27-2014, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

The 65" HX950 has 128 zones and the 55" has 105. Same as the HX929.
Well, the 55" Toshiba L7400U has 8 zones. It looks like the L9400U won't have hundreds either. A Toshiba Europe presentation slide in Polish was posted as part of a review of the 55L7453 on a Polish forum. It listed 6 zones for the L74xx and 48 for the L94xx. Presumably those are for the smallest family members of each family which would be 42" and 50" respectively, but that suggests the 65" L9400U will have something like 80 zones.

It will be interesting to see how many zones the 65" X950B has. Panasonic is promising 128 for their 65" AX900. LG has 144 in the 65" LA9700. The 65" Vizio Reference series is 384, and the Vizio P series is 64 or 96 depending on which information is correct.

Gotcha, thought I read 164 on the 950 but maybe that was the Elite. Either way all the decent ones are over a hundred. 8 zones? 30 zones? What is the point there is no way just by using logic, looking at a 60" screen and dividing it in your head that any of these tv's will be good. I don't even need screenshots. Guess I'm going to ve to agree with Art here that pq is going absolutely nowhere but down. It's a freaking bummer for real. I've got no hope for absolutely anything anymore besides OLED, which will take years and years to work out its kinks and be reasonably priced. Sure Sony's 950b looks great, will most definitely have well over a hundred zones too but I'm sure it will also suffer the other problems of large LCD's like serious banding and noticeable dse.if not, and it remains the best of 2014, it's still a whopping 8 thousand bucks!! Not to mention as per the other thread it may be their last

Vinnie97, one of the kindest, most helpful and respected members here, got one of these. I wonder how much longer before we all get such a message...
You have been banned for the following reason: No reason was specified. Date the ban will be lifted: Never
Pick up the signature.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page