UN75HU8550-> Be around for a while? or Order now? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-10-2014, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
UN75HU8550-> Be around for a while? or Order now?

I've decided I'd like to get the Samsung 75" flat UHD tv.

From a little research i've done, it seems that using Eastcoasttvs is controversial with members here. I've seen lots of good reviews during research, but then, plenty of not so good as well.

That beeing said, the price at the moment is 1700 less than at Costco, and seems a risk worth taking.

I'm really in no hurry for the TV, in fact maybe by 3-4 months. Don't really need it until I move later in the year.

But I don't want the 78" curved unit, especially for 8K.

My understanding is the 8550 is a 2013 model, and the 9000 is the 2014 model, which leaves me thinking a couple things: The 8550 will come down more, but then being last years model, may become unavailable. What are your thougts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-17-2014, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm also planning on buying this TV when my basement is finished in October. I'm banking on the price dropping from the current ~$6000 to something closer to $4000 by then.... which might be a pipe dream!

I haven't seen whether or not there will be a non-curved replacement for the 8550. It likely wouldn't be announced until CES in January anyway, so unless you're willing to wait until then you may as well jump on the 8550 whenever its price drops to a level you're comfortable with...

LSA One Monitors, LSA LCR Center, LSA On Wall surrounds, dual Hsu VTF-3 subs, Denon AVR-X4000, Adcom GFA-6000 amp, UTurn Orbit turntable
post #3 of 7 Old 07-17-2014, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I heard last night that the 8550 is not a '13 model, but a '14 model. I had been under the impression, apparently incorrectly, that the flat was the previous year of the curved.

I don't want the curved, and was concerned that the flat may become hard to find if I wait a while. I too would like to see it in the 4K range.

That being said, with a 2% sale they were having, and adding sales tax savings, if I ordered it from the vendor in my initial post, I would have been around 4.7K.

I have decided to hold off for a while and see if/when it comes down.
post #4 of 7 Old 07-23-2014, 10:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I just ordered this set from Paul's TV for a bit more than EC, but, with white glove and a year ext warranty from a MUCH more reputable company. PM me if you want the details.

'Best comment on one of my AVS reviews ever, "What did I just try to read!" Latest -'Oh, no, they say he's got to go' or 'The man in the rubber directors suit':
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/44-mov...l#post24741865
post #5 of 7 Old 07-24-2014, 05:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
good, white glove and a year ext warranty from a MUCH more reputable company. PM me if you want the details.thanks
post #6 of 7 Old 07-26-2014, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowknown View Post
I just ordered this set from Paul's TV for a bit more than EC, but, with white glove and a year ext warranty from a MUCH more reputable company. PM me if you want the details.
I've read pretty good things about them.

But one thing I noticed, reading their site,they have the very same return policy as ECTV. Mut open and test when delivered. Curious if you did that, and if the delivery driver was patient.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-26-2014, 09:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewingr View Post
I've read pretty good things about them.

But one thing I noticed, reading their site,they have the very same return policy as ECTV. Mut open and test when delivered. Curious if you did that, and if the delivery driver was patient.
Tues delivery.

'Best comment on one of my AVS reviews ever, "What did I just try to read!" Latest -'Oh, no, they say he's got to go' or 'The man in the rubber directors suit':
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/44-mov...l#post24741865
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page