Forum Jump: 

Old 07-20-2014, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
TV Advice Needed

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and I assume that these types of posts appear all of the time but would love some unbiased opinions! I apologize for the amount of information here but I've got a lot of thoughts going through my brain.

I am looking to purchasing a new TV since I am moving into a new condo that requires the TV to be hung on the wall above the fireplace. There is quite a bit of natural light but no windows directly behind the TV. The condo is wired with ceiling surround sound so speaker quality in the TV is not an issue. The area where the TV is restricts it to be 55". I would like to keep my budget under $2000. Plasma and LED ideal. I believe 4K is out of my budget, but am not sure. My brand preference would be Samsung or Panasonic. I know that Panasonic does not make plasmas any longer. Cable TV, Movies, Games will be used on this TV. So, if you were in my position, what would you be looking at?

-$2kish budget (if there is something a few hundred over that is a "no-brainer", then I'll splurge)
-55"
-Plasma or LED
-TV/Movies/Gaming

Thanks everyone and let me know if there are is any additional info I can provide!