AVS Forum banner

LG 55EA8800 55" OLED Owner's thread

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  mattsam 
#1 · (Edited)
LG 55EA8800 55" Flat OLED Owner's Thread

I wanted to start this thread for any other 8800 series owners out there. I have mine on order and should receive in a week or so. It's going above my fireplace in the living room, which is why I wanted the flat version. I'm upgrading from a Pioneer Pro-111FD that unfortunately has the reddish tint black level issue. I was able to get rid of it by adjusting the voltages(not resetting) in the service menu but not without some side effects. By doing that I was able to lower the black level down really low but not absolute black. Can't wait to see the absolute black and contrast of OLED. I calibrated that tv myself so when I calibrate this set I will post reports. The Kuro was easy to get almost perfect but I have a feeling this set will be more of a challenge. We'll see how this set compares with the Kuro.

#2 · (Edited)
Look forward to your news. I'm curious if it would be possible to add FLAT to the title of your thread?
It is a KEY FEATURE of this panel and there are already so many threads about OLED.:confused:

#8 ·
Reactions: Hinsoog
#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.