Closed Thread

post #91 of 166 Old 01-31-2005, 10:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by JiveTurkey
I placed my order through itpros on friday and got it finalized today (had a problem with my bank's default daily spending limit on my bank card). They have been very nice, they DID try to sell me a Wall Mount or Stand, but didn't really hassle me about it. More or less just making sure that I knew this model does not come with either and I would need one, but I told them I already had a wall mount and that was the end of the conversion. So far my experience with them has been great, just hope I get it in time for the super bowl! They are suppose to email me tommorow with tracking information once LG provides it to them (because it's being drop shipped directly from LG).
Turkey, can you PM what you paid for this panel? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 166 Old 02-03-2005, 05:10 PM

Are there any alternative stands(desktop) for this unit that cost less than $250? (the official one.) Owners of this unit, what are you using?
post #93 of 166 Old 02-22-2005, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

I just got one last week from AVstore along with a tilting wall mount. Out of the box, the picture was decent, but there was some red push and the overall temp was too high. I calibrated the TV via component connection with AVIA and found the following settings ideal for my JVC DVD player:

APC off
ACC off
Red -12
Green 0
Blue +15

Contrast 100
Brightness 62
Color 55
Sharpness 30
Tint 0

For whatever reason, I could not get the black bars visible on white until contrast was close to 100. I found that these settings seemed to work pretty well for SD programming as well. The only difference was:

Contrast 95
Color 45

DVDs look phenominal on the current settings. Images are more vibrant than my HT setup using a Denon 3910 upscaled to 720p via DVI with a Sharp Z10000 DLP on a 106" screen. SD programming via S-video looks pretty good. There still is a bit of softness to some programming but at my seating distance of 8ft, it is good as I could hope for from a plasma. I will eventually bring down my HD cable box to test some HD content and will also try out my HTPC...both via DVI connections.

Cons:
1.) The edge of the TV is black, but when set to 4:3 the bars are grey. Come on, black edges/black bars...grey edges/grey bars
2.) Protective glass may cause some glare if in a real bright room with windows.
3.) I wish I could adjust the temperature to 6500K. Maybe one of the settings defaults to 6500k? There is day, night, optimum, and off.
post #94 of 166 Old 02-22-2005, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Can anyone report on their purchase experience through AVStore/Flatpanelman?
post #95 of 166 Old 02-25-2005, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

So what is everyone else's LG settings?

Is there a way to get in the service mode and change the 4:3 bars to black?
post #96 of 166 Old 02-26-2005, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ericgl
Can anyone report on their purchase experience through AVStore/Flatpanelman?

I purchased through ITpros (the same thing as flatpanleman) and so did someone else I worked with and we both had good experiences. The LG Factory was closed for 2 days after I placed my order so it took a little longer to ship, but other than that everything went perfect.
post #97 of 166 Old 02-28-2005, 01:17 PM

Is there any difference between buying a commercial model vs. a consumer model? I've heard people talking about "industrial" plasma tv's with regards to commercial models, and i'm not sure what the difference is.
post #98 of 166 Old 02-28-2005, 05:53 PM

What is the life of this set? Has anyone gone into the ISF menu? Can anyone compare it to some of LG's ED sets? Namely the 42PZ71.
Thanks
post #99 of 166 Old 03-01-2005, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ShoverBot
Is there any difference between buying a commercial model vs. a consumer model? I've heard people talking about "industrial" plasma tv's with regards to commercial models, and i'm not sure what the difference is.
The commercial models almost always come with built in speakers and some type of stand. The industrial models are monitor only...which is what I wanted.

BTW..I got mine from the AVstore. They will only sell over the phone, but the guy is very nice and easy to work with. Great prices and fast delivery straight from the Zenith factory.
post #100 of 166 Old 03-01-2005, 11:27 AM

Thanks, MaxC. You da man.
post #101 of 166 Old 03-15-2005, 02:12 PM

My panel is still running great. I have had no regrets buying this model from ITPROS.COM And would recommend it to anyone buying a plasma that does not want spend a bundle (same size retail model 42 in local BestBuy is still selling for double what I paid)

The only issues I have are with burn in (all plasmas) - if you leave a DVD menu or other menu on for more than 5mins you will see some burn in(NO WORRIES) the white wash (or pixel scrubber) mode fixes this after a few minutes. I find myself using this feature every week since my wife tends to forget DVDs for my daughter and after the movie finishes the DVD menu is left on for a long time.
post #102 of 166 Old 03-15-2005, 02:42 PM

I had one instance of "image retention" and it went away after a few moments when I changed the source material. I carefully followed the instructions on the burn in thread for the first 200 hours and believe that helped. No burn in on my LG at all. p.s. I, also, am very happy with my LG (PX11H)

Kim Viner
post #103 of 166 Old 03-16-2005, 01:49 PM

hey i need some feedback as i am about to pull the trigger on this

i currently use a VIZIO which i am retunring due to detect

i know that the stand itself is like 300 bucks, i want to wall mount but i am moving in a few months so i dont want to mount and waste $ on a stand, how else cna i make it work? are there any other compatible stands or can i rig it w/ some hardware @ homedepot?

btw hows this tv? my crap vizio's brightness flash is really annoying

anyone had to exercise the warranty? its a in-house warranty so it must be good right?

lastly, what was the experience w/ the commerical address shipping, i am reading from ITpros that it be a saving of 300 bucsk!
post #104 of 166 Old 03-16-2005, 01:58 PM

I got mine a week ago and it is awesome. I was watching Gladiator on TNT HD on Sunday and the contrast ratio really gives the picture great depth. DVD looks good as well. Shipping wasn't a problem. It's too good a deal to pass up.
post #105 of 166 Old 03-16-2005, 02:30 PM

Can someone tell me the major differences between the LG MU-42PM12X mentioned in this thread and the LG DU-42PY10 (found at stores like BestBuy)?

Is the price difference worth it?

Thanks
post #106 of 166 Old 03-16-2005, 07:53 PM
Advanced Member

The DU-42PY10X has speakers and comes with a table stand. It also has dual analog tuners, a digital tuner with CableCARD, HDMI instead of DVI input, FireWire inputs, and 2 component video inputs (instead of just 1).

Robert
post #107 of 166 Old 03-16-2005, 08:12 PM

I ordered the LG RU-42PX10C 3/11 (Friday) from ITPros. It is shipping tomorrow. I'm having it shipped to a friends business to save on shipping. So far so good, can't wait!
post #108 of 166 Old 03-17-2005, 02:01 PM
TQM

I'm contemplating on getting this unit or the Vizio. I did get a good price on this LG with stand, shipping and no tax for less than the Vizio's current msrp at Costco (in my area and they do have at excellent return policy). I hate decisions.

Subwoofer searching.....Search Completed 2/25/06!
post #109 of 166 Old 03-18-2005, 02:21 PM

just ordered from ITSPRO, they seem to really have good customer srevice.. anyway for the vizio , mine is going back, i figured if anythign is wrong LG can come to my house and service it

plus its a net savings of 600 bucks w/o the stand...
post #110 of 166 Old 03-18-2005, 04:35 PM
TQM

Does anyone know where to get the tabletop stand for this tv cheaper (less than $150)? Or other stand options?

Subwoofer searching.....Search Completed 2/25/06!
post #111 of 166 Old 03-18-2005, 05:28 PM

TQM,
The longer you look into this, I'm sure you'll probably find that $150 for a decent plasma stand is a decent price. Go to mountsandmore.com or any other plasma mount sales outfit and compare their prices...

(Mod's: I'm not sure what the MSRP for this stand is - nor could I find it in a cursory search, but I'm not sure if talking about bargains on stands is outlawed. If I'm wrong on either account, apologies...)
post #112 of 166 Old 03-19-2005, 12:24 AM

After banging my head on what to do for a few weeks now you guys have me convinced. I received a quote and plan on placing an order with ITSPRO on Monday for the MU-42PM12X.

The price, Syker's pics and the positive feedback from TulsaMike and others sold me.
post #113 of 166 Old 03-22-2005, 04:32 PM

I just got my LG RU-42PX10C today and I have to say, I am very impressed. I haven't played with it much other than to turn the contrast down (set at 100 out of the box). DVD is awesome (Shark Tales) and my SD feed from Dish Network is very good at 10+ feet, a little grainy up close. I recommend ITPros.com for the LG.
post #114 of 166 Old 03-23-2005, 07:07 PM

The LG looks like a great deal.
What is AVstore's return policy?

Just wondering if they will replace a DOA unit or if I have to deal directly with the manufacturer.
post #115 of 166 Old 03-23-2005, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by skubish
The LG looks like a great deal.
What is AVstore's return policy?

Just wondering if they will replace a DOA unit or if I have to deal directly with the manufacturer.
Once you accept delivery your best recourse may be to deal directly with the manufacturer regarding all warranty issues.

Their return policy is rather restrictive - once you open, or use it and you are charged a 15% restocking fee upon return and even then, accepting the return is at their discretion. Of course you would have to open it to discover any potential problems.

Ah the price we pay for great prices.

Of course I'm not one to talk - I am strongly considering ordering one of these from a vendor with the best price and NO return policy whatsoever (as far as I can tell) - ITPros/Flatpanelman.
post #116 of 166 Old 03-24-2005, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 18
What is the DU42PX12X?
post #117 of 166 Old 03-24-2005, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pete
What is the DU42PX12X?
Consumer model sold in B&M's such as Circuit City. Identical to the feature rich DU-42PX12XC "commercial" model, except theDU42PX12X is black and the DU42PX12XC silver.
link
post #118 of 166 Old 03-25-2005, 04:14 PM

Just received my LG MU42PM12X from ITpros.com. Hooked it up. It looks fantastic. I'm glad I went with the LG HDTV rather than the Panasonic 42WD7UY, considering they are about the same price.

Anyways, ITPros.com was excellent, very prompt email response, and the unit arrived in perfect condition. Highly recommended.

I haven't tweaked the settings much, but the stock settings were way off. A few adjustments and it looks excellent. No dead pixels at all.

I'll post more once I have more experience of it...

-Dave
post #119 of 166 Old 03-25-2005, 04:49 PM

Great to hear Dave. I'm curious to see what your opinion is regarding SD & HD PQ and any false contouring issues. Are you using TW Cable, Dish?

Since I am in Austin also, how long it it take to get your set after placing the order with ITPros?

Thanks
post #120 of 166 Old 03-25-2005, 07:19 PM

I have TWC. HD looks fantastic, almost as good as my Benq HD2+ projector (in the HT room, the plasma is in the living room). SDTV looks a bit soft, but thats TWC, not the TV. I used to have DirecTV and trust me, TWC sucks on SDTV compared to a good DSS setup.

Have not really noticed any false contouring, but I did need to drop the sharpness setting way down to get rid of some EE.

I placed the order on last Friday and got it today. But it takes LG 3-5 days to process the order (its drop shipped). It left LG yesterday (in Dallas) and got here in 1 day.

NCAA BBall looks great! Good thing as I passed up a ticket to the semis to get home and play with it!

-Dave
Closed Thread Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page