Closed Thread

post #151 of 166 Old 05-17-2005, 01:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by TulsaMike
I have had my LG since January 2005 and have not had any regrets in purchasing this monitor from ITPROS.COM The picture quality (once calibrated with DVE) is excellent. The only weak area is during very dark scenes in a DVD movie you see some dithering of the shadows but is only perceptible if you are looking for it. The white wash feature works really well especially if your spouse has a habit of leaving DVD menus running for an hour or more after a film finishes! I have no burn in issues as of yet. Finding a DVD player that looks good on this TV is a must. I went through 2 LG models, 2 Sony's and ended up with a non up scaling Harmon Kardon. Everyone who sees this set while displaying HDTV or DVD's is really impressed with the picture quality including some of my friends who are plasma skeptics/critics.
A local store has my same set as a display model. They abuse it on 100% contrast 24x7 (or maybe just 14 hrs/day?) and it is stuck on a static DVD menu or Xbox game every time I go in there. I'd guess it might have some static images on there for days straight sometimes. Whenever I go in I like to go blank the screen and see if I can make out any burn-in. So far none I can see, although I haven't figured a quick way to make an all-white screen. I find it very reassuring to see such abuse isn't causing burn-in, makes me feel like my careful treatment is overly cautious and unnecessary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 166 Old 05-17-2005, 10:03 AM

I don't think you'll regret it. I am still very impressed with mine. I don't think you can beat it for price and features. I still need to calibrate mine, but picture looks good right out of the box. When you get it set up, would be interested in your own impressions.
post #153 of 166 Old 05-28-2005, 07:48 AM

Purchased the LG DU-42PX12XC from itpros yesterday. Same feature set as the MU42PM12X but has an integrated HDTV tuner and comes with a detachable stand. I really liked the service from the guys at itpros.

Seems the MU-42PM12X is on back order and they dont expect it until late June / early July or so. Also, LG is cracking down on all online sales of its TV's for some reason, so you have to call to place an order from any legitimate dealer.
Since the DU-42PX12XC has the same features + more and was offered to me for the same price I went for it. Will post a review once I get it (7-14 business days was the estimate).

Only problem is that the MU looks so much cooler :) the DU-42PX12XC is not at all pretty. It's gray/silver! :(

[can be seen at the lgcommercial site] Interestingly the one cc is selling is black but it's the DU-42PX12X (not C). Does anyone know what the difference is?

I was wondering if Syker could tell us what he used to install the LG MU-42PM12X on the wall. Did the model come with the little wall brackets that the manual describes?
post #154 of 166 Old 06-01-2005, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praneeth
I was wondering if Syker could tell us what he used to install the LG MU-42PM12X on the wall. Did the model come with the little wall brackets that the manual describes?
I used a Chief PSM-2152 mount. I recessed the mount in the wall so the lip of the mount where the mounting screws attach was flush with the sheet rock, then I drilled out the holes in the sheet rock for the mounting screws that attach to the panel. I got lucky with mounting the bracket the location was perfect. I had two 4x4's behind the rock that were a half inch shy of fitting the with of the mount between them, so I cut a half inch into one of the 4x4 so that the recessed part(back of the mount) fit snug between the 4x4's then I drilled 3 hole on each side of the mount and ran screws right into the 4x4's. As for the Plasma, Im still very pleased with it. It really is a great buy.

Later..........

ChiefPSM-2152drawing.pdf 101.8505859375k . file
post #155 of 166 Old 06-01-2005, 10:45 PM

Awesome.. Thanks.
post #156 of 166 Old 06-16-2005, 01:05 PM

Hello everyone, I am having so much fun deciding which 42" plasma to buy. It is crazy, I was about to pull the plug on the panny 7uy. Then I found out about the new 8UK they are releasing next month so I held off. While I am waiting I was still looking and reading reviews then I stumbled on this thread. So I read everyone praising IT pros so I sent them an e-mail for a quote. Two minutes later I got a response. HOLLY COW the price is to good to be true. Once I read the price, I was like who cares about the Panny 8UK EDTV. HDTV at this price why are people incuding myself (at one point) wasting there time with Panasonic 7UY. So I went to my local BestBuy and saw the consumer version LG EDTV Plasma and all I have to say is WOW sorry Panasonic I'm going elsewhere. My only concern is that IT Pros don't ship to residental areas anymore, stated they haven't for the past three months. So I'm kinda of stuck of having it delivered to my job then bringing it home myself. Has anyone done this and should I take this chance? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

PS -- Syker you are doing a great Justice for this plasma. LG should pay you for what you are doing for them. Thanks for getting the JOB done in a Very Panasonic (7UY) friendly forum.
post #157 of 166 Old 06-16-2005, 02:31 PM

One more thing IT Pros has the MU-42PM12X on back order. Does anyone know if this is because they are sold out or is it because LG has a new model about to come out? The reason why I ask is because Panasonic did this with the 25U/P. They stop making them because the 50U was coming out. Every online store had the 25U/P on back order, so my best friend placed an order for one when they come in. Then he got a call from a sales rep trying to sell him the 50U when he placed the order for the 25U/P. Anyone has some insite on this. Thanks
post #158 of 166 Old 06-16-2005, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote336
My only concern is that IT Pros don't ship to residental areas anymore, stated they haven't for the past three months. So I'm kinda of stuck of having it delivered to my job then bringing it home myself. Has anyone done this and should I take this chance? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
I took delivery from ITPros in march. I had it shipped free to a friends business and brought it home, 15 miles, in my minivan. Great deal!
post #159 of 166 Old 06-19-2005, 10:42 AM

Hi There,

I too am thinking about getting the LG MU-42PM12X. It seems to be the best overall deal out there for 42" plasma HDTV. However, I place an order about two weeks ago with fotoconnection, even after reading all the bad reviews. It was the cheapest price I could find and the people complaining about the company weren't getting outrighted robbed, so I decided to take a chance. $2456.43 to be exact for the unit + shipping + 3-year in-home parts and labor warranty (which sounds too good to be true and may have been bogus). They immediately took the money out of my account in full when I authorized. Then come to find out (after several calls to check the order status after not receiving a tracking number) they said it is on backorder from LG. I cancelled (still havent got my money back yet, argh) since I said I would just wait until July and re-order from someone else.

I emailed ItPros, and they said the same thing. What does this mean? Also, can the unit in the packaging fit in a 2000 Tahoe 4-door Z-71? I weill try to have ItPros ship to my work and take it from work to my house via my car.

Any other comments on the MU-42PM12X? Why does it seem like such a good deal?
post #160 of 166 Old 06-22-2005, 09:17 AM

I guess no one is going to answer the new guy..
post #161 of 166 Old 06-22-2005, 12:22 PM

I don't know what's going on but ITPROS did tell me they will have them in by July. I'm sure it should fit in the back of any Tahoe as long as your back seats go down.
post #162 of 166 Old 06-23-2005, 09:51 PM

To anyone who owns the MU-42PM12X. How are the black levels on this unit? I was at BestBuy and was looking at the commercial version of this unit and the black levels were ok. Just will like to get some opinions on the black levels on the 12X. Thanks
post #163 of 166 Old 06-24-2005, 08:19 PM

Can anyone give me someone info on the MU-42PM12X black levels. PLEASE
post #164 of 166 Old 06-25-2005, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neild
A local store has my same set as a display model. They abuse it on 100% contrast 24x7 (or maybe just 14 hrs/day?) and it is stuck on a static DVD menu or Xbox game every time I go in there. I'd guess it might have some static images on there for days straight sometimes. Whenever I go in I like to go blank the screen and see if I can make out any burn-in. So far none I can see, although I haven't figured a quick way to make an all-white screen. I find it very reassuring to see such abuse isn't causing burn-in, makes me feel like my careful treatment is overly cautious and unnecessary.
Awhile ago I went in and saw either persistence or burn in on that lonely screen. They had a static DVD menu on there for weeks straight. I could be wrong but I think it's the Disney Mulan title and it's a mix of mostly full white and black, running of course at high power 100% contrast.

I flipped it to the whitewash screen and the burn pattern was ugly. But it did seem to fade a lot after a couple of minutes. The saleskid told me the picture on that screen never changes and they run the whitewash about every 2 or 3 months, leaving it on whitewash overnight.
post #165 of 166 Old 06-25-2005, 07:32 PM

Thanks for the info. Anyone else?
post #166 of 166 Old 06-26-2005, 10:29 PM

Ok since only one person replied to the black level on the 12X, I'm going to try another subject.

Need a nice plasma stand about 40-45 inches wide. I'm NOT looking to mount the plasma on the wall but I want to give it the hung up look. So I will like to get a stand that will allow me to mount the plasma over the stand. Something like the Bello PVS-4260 (But cheaper). I would prefer it to be in a black finish. I want the stand to have four compartments for my A/V equipment. I have look all over the net and can't find anything. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Closed Thread Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page