Quote:
Originally posted by MI_Voomer
Pioneer Elite Pro 1120HD
Pioneer Elite DV 59AVi DVD Player
Yamaha RXV 2095 Receiver
Voom Box (Naturally)
Panamax MAX 5300
MX-850 Remote
3 Anthony Gallo Acoustics Dué's (rear surround and center)
Audioquest CV-6 speaker cables

And last but not least my most prized possessions, the Anthony Gallo Acoustics Reference 3 speakers. I can’t say enough about these. They are simply amazing. If you are in the market for a set of speakers in the $3000.00 price range do yourself a favor and find a dealer in your area that has a set of these on the floor and give them a test. You may have to wait a few months for delivery but believe me they are worth the wait. The Ref 3's just received "Overall Product of the Year 2004" from The Absolute Sound magazine.

http://homepage.mac.com/mmanus/.Pictures/MySetUp.jpg
Wow, that's a hot system. Love the look of your room. Nice couches w/ exposed stitching.

What stand is that? Nicest I've seen so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 638 Old 03-07-2005, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you.

All of the furniture came from here
post #183 of 638 Old 03-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thank you.

All of the furniture came from here
OK, that explains why I like it. I just bought a Salamander this weekend. Can I assume that your stand cost more than $2K? That would eliminate my buyer's remorse REALLy fast...
post #184 of 638 Old 03-07-2005, 02:27 PM

The stand was $4500. It is actually not an a/v stand but it works quite well.
I originally wanted a Salamander but my wife insisted on this. No complaints from me! I just think of what else I could have bought from the stereo shop for that kind of $$
post #185 of 638 Old 03-07-2005, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Love the palm. :) That display looks so good next to the fireplace, you got me thinking about rearranging my room now.
post #186 of 638 Old 03-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
The stand was $4500. It is actually not an a/v stand but it works quite well.
I originally wanted a Salamander but my wife insisted on this. No complaints from me! I just think of what else I could have bought from the stereo shop for that kind of $$
Wow. Yeah, just saw it on the website. Looks like a credenza. I'll keep the salamander and keep the funds for my other hobbies. Heck, I can buy a whole new bike for that, just enough for a Vanilla.
post #187 of 638 Old 03-07-2005, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Remember it's pronounced rosh bobwah.

Seth

my signature < -- While that looks simple enough, click it for answers to many a question.
post #188 of 638 Old 03-07-2005, 06:16 PM

MI_Voomer: No offense but it looks like your Plasma is a little bit crooked...

-haryy
post #189 of 638 Old 03-07-2005, 06:21 PM

I thought the same thing but I have checked it several times with a level and it always comes up dead center. It could be the light coming in from the window causing a shadow that makes it appear that way. ????
post #190 of 638 Old 03-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Advanced Member

http://img94.exs.cx/img94/8748/dscn12840xr.jpg

After cleaning my system up and hiding the cords with a new stand here is my new setup.

I'm now Neutral
-
Our Crimson Cinema
post #191 of 638 Old 03-07-2005, 10:45 PM

MI_Voomer-

Sweet setup and excellent taste in AV, let alone the furniture. I have the 1120, Ref 3s, Dues and Voom as well. I am currently regretting the demise of Voom as we speak. The HD signal from Voom is amazing and I can't figure out which way to go later this month when the boom comes down on Voom. What are you planning to do? MI_Dish or MI_Directv doesn't ring the same way either.

Back to the furniture, we went with another French company, Ligne Roset. Your wife was right to pick that credenza, it is a great contrast with the high tech. I have to say the when we go to Leelanau County every summer I don't see any rooms filled with Roche Bobois...

Later,
V
post #192 of 638 Old 03-07-2005, 11:07 PM
AVS Special Member

MI_Voomer: Big props, that is the classiest room I've seen in a while. Looks like it came right out of a decorator magazine.

Quote:
TOO HIGH ... Am I missing something? like glare removal, etc?
Mine ended up a little high out of necessity because of where the articulating bracket had to go. It just wouldn't look right if it was mounted lower. Sometimes you have to compromise having the PDP in "the" sweet spot for aesthetics.

Glare reduction is a nice bonus when the screen is angled downaward, but it's really not a big deal getting used to a plasma that's a little higher up than the typical RPTV. It's wonderful to be able to put things on the coffee table (or your SO's feet) and not have them interfere with the picture. And having it high up is downright luxurious when you want to stretch out and relax by leaning back or laying on the couch.

I don't miss the positioning of my floorstanding RPTV one bit. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that given a completely flat wall, I'd probably place it up relatively high again. I actually found it easier on my neck, since I can more readily rest my head on the back of the couch. If I had a totally flat, empty wall and could place the plasma anywhere I wanted, I'd probably place it fairly high again.
post #193 of 638 Old 03-08-2005, 05:12 AM

Right there with you. I wouldn't change the position of mine for anything. I love it. More importantly - the wife loves it too!
post #194 of 638 Old 03-08-2005, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member

To High...to low...to bright...to dark...to domineering...to obsequious...to blah blah blah :)

If you like your setup that's all that matters. Different strokes for different folks. ;)

BTW, have I mentioned you all have very nice setups yours too oldskoolboarder :D
post #195 of 638 Old 03-08-2005, 05:45 AM

Voltron-

Quote:
The HD signal from Voom is amazing and I can't figure out which way to go later this month when the boom comes down on Voom. What are you planning to do? MI_Dish or MI_Directv doesn't ring the same way either.
I am still holding my breath over the whole Voom thing. At this point it looks as if things could go either way. But, in the unfortunate event that someone does take my Voom away I would have to change my name to:

MI_Locals_In_HD_And_Blockbuster_Until_Someone_Else_Gets_Thei r_Head_Out_Of_Their_Ass.

How do like your Gallo speakers??
post #196 of 638 Old 03-08-2005, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
I thought the same thing but I have checked it several times with a level and it always comes up dead center. It could be the light coming in from the window causing a shadow that makes it appear that way. ????
Did you check the console with a level too? It may be the screen is level with the floor (or the earth) but the console is not making the screen look off.

. . . . . . . . . . . Peter

post #197 of 638 Old 03-08-2005, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I'm going to guess it's mostly an optical illusion.

To the left, where it looks "higher", you have a tall vase with thin vertical stripes, which will make the wall appearance there large, and drive your eye up and push the plasma.

To the right, you have a vase only a tiny bit shorter, but because it's black and has white round areas, it appears shorter and wider. This pulls down the corner of the plasma, since the short and wide (it's neither) vase pulls areas around it towards it.

If you scroll down slowly using your browser, you'll notice that the top of your browser lines up evenly with the top and bottom of the plasma. It's almost even with the furniture, but off by a tiny amount. I don't think enough for it to look like it's off as much as it does.

:D

-JR
post #198 of 638 Old 03-08-2005, 09:04 AM

Quote:
[BMI_Locals_In_HD_And_Blockbuster_Until_Someone_Else_Gets_The ir_Head_Out_Of_Their_Ass.

How do like your Gallo speakers?? [/b]
Funny stuff, Voomer. I truly don't understand what the other providers see up there. Very little, obviously. Other than locals, Directv has 5 HD channels plus HBO/Showtime if you get them! Comcast cable has 6! How can that compare to the Voom selection at a big 38 channels? I know some of those channels are worthless to 99% of viewers, but come on, 6 or 7 channels in HD? Pathetic. They don't even seem to have Bravo HD, TNT HD, or other HD alternatives that Voom has. As you say, thanks to Voom's antenna and the 1120's tuner, we can go ahead and get local HD channels for free, so is it worth it to pay every month for crap like HD Net or Universal HD? Sad as it is, the thing that may sway me is the availability of the SF Giants games in HD, which actually is available on Fox Sports Bay Area with either of those providers. End of rant, sorry.

As to the Gallo's, I love them. I wish mine were separated further apart like yours to get an even bigger sound. You can see mine in a couple of relatively lame pics way back on the second page of this thread. [The 1120's speakers are gone now that I have an MX-3000 remote, which makes it much easier for the wife and kids to control everything.] The Ref 3s really amaze me on many levels. Have you tried switching yours so the woofers face in? I went back and forth and actually like them facing in and toed in slightly the best. The Due in the center holds its own but I am looking forward to getting a Ref Center when it comes out. Do you have a subwoofer? I still want to hear the sub amp on the Ref 3s to see if that will work for me, but I am getting an itchy wallet-finger because I miss that low-down bass for movies. Gallo has been incredibly slow to close on the center and the sub amp.

You have certainly improved my image of GR. We always fly into Traverse City but maybe we'll have to check out the Gerald R Ford Int'l Airport option with such cosmopolitan folks as you there. :D

V
post #199 of 638 Old 03-08-2005, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Or it could be that your floor isn't level. Good enough for inspection but not quite perfect. Sets the furniture off level which makes the plasma, even though level, seem atilt?

Just tossing stuff out there. :)
post #200 of 638 Old 03-09-2005, 07:41 AM

Here's my setup:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../HT-System.jpg

As you can see, the descriptions of each A/V eqpt is listed on the right hand side. Before anyone flames me for having the Bose speaker system, they were given as a Christmas gift from an ex-GF. The wall mount used with the Vizio PDP is the Sanus Low Profile VMPL2 plasma mount...

People always asked about how I hid all the cable from the plasma to the A/V equipment. I told them that I used a cable organizer I found at Home Depot for $7. Pictures are below:

Cable Organizer in the "Closed" position:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...nel-Closed.jpg

Cable Organizer in the "Opened" position:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...l-Opened-1.jpg

Basically, the front cover can be removed to organize and hide the A/V cables coming to-and-from the plasma. It's simple, effective, and CHEAP!!!
So if you're looking to wall mount your PDP and want to hide the cables, I would recommend you take the route I took...

Well, that's my HT setup... Any questions or comments are always welcome!!

- Air B :D
post #201 of 638 Old 03-09-2005, 08:24 AM

Putting a hole in the wall is even cheaper. And this is not very difficult to do. But if you are against that then I think you have found the next best thing. Looks good.
post #202 of 638 Old 03-10-2005, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by airbutchie
Here's my setup:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../HT-System.jpg

As you can see, the descriptions of each A/V eqpt is listed on the right hand side. Before anyone flames me for having the Bose speaker system, they were given as a Christmas gift from an ex-GF. The wall mount used with the Vizio PDP is the Sanus Low Profile VMPL2 plasma mount...

People always asked about how I hid all the cable from the plasma to the A/V equipment. I told them that I used a cable organizer I found at Home Depot for $7. Pictures are below:

Cable Organizer in the "Closed" position:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...nel-Closed.jpg

Cable Organizer in the "Opened" position:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...l-Opened-1.jpg

Basically, the front cover can be removed to organize and hide the A/V cables coming to-and-from the plasma. It's simple, effective, and CHEAP!!!
So if you're looking to wall mount your PDP and want to hide the cables, I would recommend you take the route I took...

Well, that's my HT setup... Any questions or comments are always welcome!!

What's that silver thing on the left? Is that part of the Bose system?

By the way, nice decorating. I like the colors and overall design.
post #203 of 638 Old 03-10-2005, 07:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by oldskoolboarder
Wow, that's a hot system. Love the look of your room. Nice couches w/ exposed stitching.

What stand is that? Nicest I've seen so far.
Dam right. This picture just jumped off the screen and hit me on the face?
post #204 of 638 Old 03-10-2005, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Am I the only one who can't see airbutchie's pics?
post #205 of 638 Old 03-10-2005, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I can't see airbutchie's pics.
post #206 of 638 Old 03-10-2005, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

I see 'em.
post #207 of 638 Old 03-10-2005, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rieper
What's that silver thing on the left?
I would guess an ionizer.

BTW, I see the pics just fine as well. Probably a "show internet pics" setting in your browser.
post #208 of 638 Old 03-10-2005, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally posted by rmcgirr83

BTW, I see the pics just fine as well. Probably a "show internet pics" setting in your browser.
I don't think so. I've tried firefox and ie, and they show up in neither. Everyone else's pics show up though: rlu929s, MI_Voomer, doobie, mayhem, mine...
post #209 of 638 Old 03-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rlu929s
http://img94.exs.cx/img94/8748/dscn12840xr.jpg

After cleaning my system up and hiding the cords with a new stand here is my new setup.
WAY cleaner! Good job, looks great. Just get my new speaker stands, wall mount and hope to pick up my salamander twin tonite. I'll post when i'm done, hopefully next week or so.
post #210 of 638 Old 03-10-2005, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by airbutchie
Here's my setup:

People always asked about how I hid all the cable from the plasma to the A/V equipment. I told them that I used a cable organizer I found at Home Depot for $7.
VERY nice, clever solution for cables. That silver cover looks great.

BTW, did you use cordmate for the speakers? I like how you have them painted. I did the same for my rears.
Closed Thread Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page