Official 42" Plasma (OP-42TN2)-3G Technology (NO PRICING, FLYER, COUPON, ETC,TALK) - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 717 Old 06-27-2005, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, they haven't charged my CC yet, so I'm not too worried. If they had I would be very concerned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 717 Old 06-27-2005, 12:51 PM

PCC is a very honorable company with which I have dealt for more than 20 years. I have absolutely zero worry that these transactions will be completed successfully, albeit a bit later than we all expected. Those of you who are bailing out are going to miss out on what still seems to be an amazing great deal.

Since they don't charge your credit card until they ship, what is the risk of waiting for the product to ship? There is zero risk in doing so.

I have no connection to PC Connection, except as a satisfied customer since at least 1984.

-Dave
post #363 of 717 Old 06-27-2005, 01:55 PM

I suspect that they are reputable from all that I've garnered in my online research. All the same, if the deal gets pushed into August as it seems it will, other, perhaps more appealing deals may compete for our panel dollars and may well be the reason we walk on this deal.

For one, I would actually prefer an LCD panel, but took the leap on this one due to it's (purported) spec's, price, and its promised delivery date (mid June). It was still quite a leap for me considering it's a new, unreviewed, untried product also considering all the truly crappy panels I've seen out there.

A deal is only a deal so long as the product meets (at least approaches) or exceeds your expectations, no matter what price is paid. ;)
post #364 of 717 Old 06-27-2005, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetroup
Since they don't charge your credit card until they ship, what is the risk of waiting for the product to ship? There is zero risk in doing so.
I can't stand waiting in limbo land. When I decide to do something, I like to Git-R-Done!

If I can't accomplish whatever it is that I am trying to do in a reasonable time/effort, then it's time for plan B or just move on altogether. Especially when it comes to business and even more so when I am being given empty promises.

I mean when I ordered this thing, it was supposed to ship 6/15. Then it was supposed to ship 7/7. Now it's supposed to ship sometime between late July and mid August? What's next???

I'm glad that PCC has served you well in the past. I'm sure that they will again in the fututre. But here and now, this deal stinks. They put up a product with a given ship date and they didn't deliver (twice, if 7/7 comes and goes as is being indicated by their own cust service).

I'm not trying to offend anyone or talk anyone into any thing. I'm really not even trying to rip PCC in general. But they screwed this one up. And in business, I reward or punish with my wallet....
post #365 of 717 Old 06-27-2005, 03:24 PM

Even though the merchandise you ordered is temporarily out of stock, please be assured that we are working around the clock.......

Thank you for your patience

DM
:D
post #366 of 717 Old 06-27-2005, 03:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataman2
Even though the merchandise you ordered is temporarily out of stock, please be assured that we are working around the clock.......

Thank you for your patience

DM
:D
I got the same postcard today. I'll wait. I've used this company for ten years. But hey, you all have to do whatever makes you all feel comfortable.
post #367 of 717 Old 06-27-2005, 05:00 PM

Here's my thoughts. I'm wondering what deals will be around in late July. Costco has a 42" plasma (the vizio) right now. I bet you that price will drop as the ones with digital tuners start shipping.
post #368 of 717 Old 06-27-2005, 07:15 PM

Time will tell. I plan on Looking after the next update from PCC.

DM
post #369 of 717 Old 06-28-2005, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303
I can't stand waiting in limbo land. When I decide to do something, I like to Git-R-Done!

If I can't accomplish whatever it is that I am trying to do in a reasonable time/effort, then it's time for plan B or just move on altogether. Especially when it comes to business and even more so when I am being given empty promises.

I mean when I ordered this thing, it was supposed to ship 6/15. Then it was supposed to ship 7/7. Now it's supposed to ship sometime between late July and mid August? What's next???

I'm glad that PCC has served you well in the past. I'm sure that they will again in the fututre. But here and now, this deal stinks. They put up a product with a given ship date and they didn't deliver (twice, if 7/7 comes and goes as is being indicated by their own cust service).

I'm not trying to offend anyone or talk anyone into any thing. I'm really not even trying to rip PCC in general. But they screwed this one up. And in business, I reward or punish with my wallet....
right on man. listen folks, i'm the last one that should be backing out of this deal because my good friend works there and i would think i would have the inside scoop, but i have nothing for info. she does not know a thing and i'll bet anything that this goes into late august and september. the thing that scares me is this: i went to best buy last night and they have a Maxent there with the same resolution and specs as this tv that we all purchased and next to the panasonic or samsung, it looks like crap. i want the tv on time and as promised if i'm dropping some cash on something and no one is getting answers. I hate to say it, but i think i'm out of this deal. too shady for me as time goes by here. may be its good that we have not received them yet??? who knows. at this point, after seeing the new panasonic last night, its almost worth it to drop another bean on this one. its only a 37", but wow, what a picture.
post #370 of 717 Old 06-28-2005, 09:44 AM

I ordered the Plasma 6/13 and was quoted the July 7 ship date. I emailed this morning and just received this reply. Sounds alot more promising than "sometime in August".

From PCC:

Thank you for contacting us. We expect to receive stock for your order about mid to late July and we are hoping to have all backorders filled by the end of July. I'm sorry that I cannot give you more specific information but this is all the information that we currently have. I apologize for the delay and the frustration and inconvenience you have been caused.

Judy Powers

Customer Correspondence Consultant

PC CONNECTION SERVICES

IT Solutions for Business
post #371 of 717 Old 06-28-2005, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHPats
right on man. listen folks, i'm the last one that should be backing out of this deal because my good friend works there and i would think i would have the inside scoop, but i have nothing for info. she does not know a thing and i'll bet anything that this goes into late august and september. the thing that scares me is this: i went to best buy last night and they have a Maxent there with the same resolution and specs as this tv that we all purchased and next to the panasonic or samsung, it looks like crap. i want the tv on time and as promised if i'm dropping some cash on something and no one is getting answers. I hate to say it, but i think i'm out of this deal. too shady for me as time goes by here. may be its good that we have not received them yet??? who knows. at this point, after seeing the new panasonic last night, its almost worth it to drop another bean on this one. its only a 37", but wow, what a picture.

Would you be Kind enough to post maxent's spec?

If you google for a 43 inch pioneer plasma( HD not ED), you will be suprprised many webstores offering it for around $2300 ( shipped). Prices are coming down!!!
post #372 of 717 Old 06-28-2005, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryasoft

If you google for a 43 inch pioneer plasma( HD not ED), you will be suprprised many webstores offering it for around $2300 ( shipped). Prices are coming down!!!
i noticed that too. the 50UY bottom price has also dropped a couple hundred in the past four weeks.

only problem with that pioneer model is that it's a bit too commercial, you have to buy a $500 thingamagig converter for it to accept HD or something ... or HDMI ... i forget which, but there's an additional expense involved or else i would snatch it up.
post #373 of 717 Old 06-29-2005, 04:35 AM

Quote:

it would make sense that everything is coming down. you can go to best buy's web site and just click on hdtv flat panel and the 42" Maxent is right there. But, here are the specs. hope this helps. Tweeter Etc. is advertising the brand new panasonic 42" plasma hdtv, in store sale.

1024 x 768 pixel resolution with high brightness (700 cd/m²) and incredible contrast (1000:1) for an arresting viewing experience
16:9
Display Type Plasma
Pixels 1024 x 768
Contrast Ratio 1000:1
Brightness 700 cd/m²
Comb Filter 3D digital

in response to the email from Judy P at PCC, she should not give this info out because no one at PCC knows when the tv's are coming in. its all speculation at this point.
post #374 of 717 Old 06-29-2005, 10:29 AM

The Maxent does not have the same specs as the panel PCC is offering. The Maxent set advertises a 1000:1 contrast ratio while the 3G (PCC) set is advertised as 3000:1. I would assume that is a significant difference in the picture.
post #375 of 717 Old 06-29-2005, 10:46 AM

Quote:
The Maxent does not have the same specs as the panel PCC is offering. The Maxent set advertises a 1000:1 contrast ratio while the 3G (PCC) set is advertised as 3000:1. I would assume that is a significant difference in the picture.

Unfortunately, the 3000:1 and 1000:1 is a bunch of crap anyway. Max working contrast ratio is 400:1. The advertising on contrast ratio's these days is just that, advertising.
post #376 of 717 Old 06-29-2005, 10:47 AM

NHPats: The Tweeter sale here has the ED Panasonic TH42PD50U for around that price - the HD TH42PX50U is almost a grand more.
post #377 of 717 Old 06-29-2005, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, the 3000:1 and 1000:1 is a bunch of crap anyway. Max working contrast ratio is 400:1. The advertising on contrast ratio's these days is just that, advertising.
Where did you get the 400:1 working contrast ratio for the Maxent from? Is that ANSI Contrast Ratio? That would mean that it is better than the LG panel, cause the LG panel has i think 200:1 if i remember correctly from the AVSforum contrast ratio thread.

/Chris
post #378 of 717 Old 06-29-2005, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon Smith
NHPats: The Tweeter sale here has the ED Panasonic TH42PD50U for around that price - the HD TH42PX50U is almost a grand more.

you're correct smitty. they just don't tell you that on the radio, losers. anyone check this site out? dtvcity.com? the TH42px50u is $$$$ with an extended warranty. pretty cool people if you call them.
post #379 of 717 Old 06-29-2005, 02:05 PM

I just chatted with my account sales rep over at PCC. He said that PCC put in an order of 10,000 units with 3G and what is going on is that the company that is supplying the plastic casings is what is holding them back with the production. It sounds like it is the typical "bit too much off to handle" kind of situation. He said for sure 2,800 tv were sold out for sure. He wasn't sure if there would be more out, and if they were they would appear on the web. Hope this helped. :)
post #380 of 717 Old 06-29-2005, 02:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

you're correct smitty. they just don't tell you that on the radio, losers. anyone check this site out? dtvcity.com? the TH42px50u is $$$$ with an extended warranty. pretty cool people if you call them.
(cough)plant!(cough) ... $$$$ plus shipping is no deal. PCC has it for less, shipped
post #381 of 717 Old 06-29-2005, 03:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Excuse Me For One Minute--

I see that you guys can write, so I know that you can read-------

Official 42" Plasma (OP-42TN2)-3G Technology (NO PRICING, FLYER, COUPON, ETC,TALK)

Thanks.

Dave

"Appeasment only makes the Aggressor more Aggressive"
post #382 of 717 Old 06-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheridave

Official 42" Plasma (OP-42TN2)-3G Technology (NO PRICING, FLYER, COUPON, ETC,TALK)

he started it ......... :)
post #383 of 717 Old 06-29-2005, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheridave

Thanks.

Dave
Sorry Dave. I just didn't want folks to go to the "T" store thinking they were going to get a deal that doesn't exist. :)
post #384 of 717 Old 06-29-2005, 06:02 PM

Quote:

Here is a good article on contrast ratio.

http://www.hometheatermag.com/frontp...lp/index2.html
post #385 of 717 Old 07-01-2005, 05:55 PM

I spoke to my account rep over at PCC today again.

I am a senior moderator over at a deal site, we also had this deal posted...Like you guys, a lot of our members also jumped on this deal.

I tried to get as much info as I could from the account rep so that I could let you guys know what the scoop is.... As I posted before, what is taking long is the company that is make the "plastic casings" for the tv, that is what is holding up the production of these screens. PCC is in a huge pickle right now because they have $10 million dollars tied up on this deal with 3G. My account rep said that "3G really dropped the ball on this one". He mentioned that they had placed a order for 10,000 units from 3G, you do the math to see how much they pay for each one ;) I asked him if he had seen the tv in action and he said "yes, we had one here in the showroom". According to him, he thought that the picture looked really good. I could tell in his voice that he meant it and that he wasn't doubting the PQ. He said that they had sold 2,800 units and that those would come in late july. The second batch would be of 5,000 units sometime in september and the last few sets would "trickle in,a few a day" in late september.

We had a long converstion regarding plasmas, it was pretty interesting.
Hopefully this give you guys a little bit more of an insight. :)
post #386 of 717 Old 07-01-2005, 06:39 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks lowpro. I needed a little inspiration as I have been very busy this week. All of the cases went very well, but I'm really tired and would like to fall asleep in front of my plasma TV. I'm off this weekend, so no blood or trauma. I owe you two beers, but you'll have to settle for wine, since I don't drink, and we only have wine in the house.
post #387 of 717 Old 07-04-2005, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpro
<snip>I tried to get as much info as I could from the account rep so that I could let you guys know what the scoop is.... As I posted before, what is taking long is the company that is make the "plastic casings" for the tv, that is what is holding up the production of these screens <snip>
Its funny how a high tech stuff like this gets delayed because of a low tech material involved in it.

I still stand by my prediction that by the xmas time 2005, you will see a bunch of plasma readily available for the same deal. ( or better) :)
post #388 of 717 Old 07-04-2005, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Its funny how a high tech stuff like this gets delayed because of a low tech material involved in it.

I still stand by my prediction that by the xmas time 2005, you will see a bunch of plasma readily available for the same deal. ( or better) :)
Techinically you can get plasmas for right around this price now, but they are garbage. You won't see Pioneers or LGs or Sonys for around this price until xmas 2006.
post #389 of 717 Old 07-04-2005, 09:24 AM

Is there any chance of these being offered again? I have a feeling that I missed the boat. Costco has a 32" Sceptre advertised today, but that doesn't come close to the specs and size of the one being discussed here.
post #390 of 717 Old 07-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Advanced Member

The Maxent at BestBuy is close in price, but without speakers and a stand. At least you may have a chance to see it in person at the store.
Closed Thread Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page