Download Break In DVD (SVCD) - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 1285 Old 12-28-2007, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First, a big TY! to Evangelo2 for setting this up. I'm at Hour 72 & counting.

LisaandMike: Are you using Nero? It sounds like you might be. If so, D/L the Video_TS version, Open Nero, pick DVD when you have a choice of CD or DVD, choose DVDVideo, find the folder you D/L'ed the TS files to in the explorer window, drag the entire TS folder you've D/L'ed to the area for files (drag files from the right side to the left side of your screen), click on burn. Done!

zoAr: I have a regular DVD player, not even upconverting. My entire screen on my 50" is filled & it appears to be working fine. Now, if I'm wrong about this, please - someone correct me. But near as I can tell, no need for any sort of special DVD player.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1285 Old 12-29-2007, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoti View Post

First, a big TY! to Evangelo2 for setting this up. I'm at Hour 72 & counting.

LisaandMike: Are you using Nero? It sounds like you might be. If so, D/L the Video_TS version, Open Nero, pick DVD when you have a choice of CD or DVD, choose DVDVideo, find the folder you D/L'ed the TS files to in the explorer window, drag the entire TS folder you've D/L'ed to the area for files (drag files from the right side to the left side of your screen), click on burn. Done!

zoAr: I have a regular DVD player, not even upconverting. My entire screen on my 50" is filled & it appears to be working fine. Now, if I'm wrong about this, please - someone correct me. But near as I can tell, no need for any sort of special DVD player.

Tried all that and several other programs but just couldn't get it to work...so, I imported the VOB files into Adobe Premier and mad a movie it seemed to work except the video files flash several different colors at a high rate of speed and I thought I read somewhere that the colors are supposed change gradually after 30 sec/each color. So did I do that correctly? Should the colors be flashing quickly?

I'll try Nero again as you explained and see if it will work.
Thanks!
Mike

50PX75U
post #723 of 1285 Old 12-29-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootallll View Post

Tried all that and several other programs but just could'nt get it to work...so, I impoerted the VOB files into Adobe Premier and mad a movie it seemed to work except the video files flash several different colors at a high rate of speed and I thought I read somewhere that the colors are supposed change gradually after 30 sec/each color. So did I do that correctly?

That doesn't sound right. Mine doesn't gradually change, but each color does stay on the screen for 30 seconds.

I have a non-progressive scan, non-upconverting DVD player ($40 Apex from Wally World that's several years old now.. something else to upgrade). The colors fill the entire screen.
post #724 of 1285 Old 12-29-2007, 09:04 PM

FWIW, my copy did end up playing fine in my DVD player, I'm working on about 30 hrs now and counting. The DVD Decrypter method worked for me, via a CD burner, on a CD-R disc. My DVD player is also a cheapo (wanted something to play DivX) so I doubt it's progressive scan or anything.

One thought, tho ... traditionally, all colours are created thru various degrees of Cyan (blue), Magenta (reddish), Yellow and Black (hence the often seen CMYK 4-colour process references for colour printers, etc.) ... is plasma colour created differently? If it isn't, then this DVD isn't really 'exercising' the yellow pixels equally, since the green steps are a combo of the blue and yellow, and there is no yellow on its own. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that ...
post #725 of 1285 Old 12-30-2007, 05:25 AM

well....helps to follow direction explicitly otherwise you can burn DVD+R's all day long and they won't work. After burn'n about 15-20 DVD+r's and downloading and trying at least four different dvd burn programs I realized I was using DVD+R's where the requirements specifically state DVD-R disks are needed. So, burned the NRG version on to a DVD-R and WALLA! IT WORKS!

Thanks for your help and the DVD!!! Can't wait to get fully burned in and enjoy my plasma to it's fullest!
Blessings!
Mike

Panasonic TH-50PX75U

50PX75U
post #726 of 1285 Old 01-01-2008, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a Toshiba A3 & about to use the DVD-R - question:
after 24 hours does the disc automatically repeats or do I have to set my player to auto repeat (loop)?

Panasonic TC-P60ST60 + Sony STR-DG810 + LG BH200 + JBL L830's x2 + JBL LC1 + JBL Loft40 x 2 + Polk PSW10 + Harmony One
post #727 of 1285 Old 01-02-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleM View Post

I have a Toshiba A3 & about to use the DVD-R - question:
after 24 hours does the disc automatically repeats or do I have to set my player to auto repeat (loop)?

I never left mine in for 24 hours at a pop so this is just based on what I have read here........sounds to me like you need to cycle it (the DVD) once every 24 hours and you should probably power your TV on and off in that time as well. Though it seems to me that the program should just continually cycle endlessly..........but it probably can't hurt to shut off your TV & DVD player once a day or so.
post #728 of 1285 Old 01-02-2008, 10:55 PM

Regarding the use of the Plasma Break-in DVD, does it make a difference what setting the DVD player is set to? In other words, should the DVD player be set to progressive scan at 480p, 720p or 1080i for a 50" screen?
post #729 of 1285 Old 01-03-2008, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanmike View Post

One thought, tho ... traditionally, all colours are created thru various degrees of Cyan (blue), Magenta (reddish), Yellow and Black (hence the often seen CMYK 4-colour process references for colour printers, etc.) ... is plasma colour created differently? If it isn't, then this DVD isn't really 'exercising' the yellow pixels equally, since the green steps are a combo of the blue and yellow, and there is no yellow on its own. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that ...

You are correct for the color settings using ink. However, light generation is a bit different than light absorbtion. For light, you use green, blue and red to produce white. For ink, you would use green, blue and red to produce black.

There are only green, blue and red pixels in a television.
post #730 of 1285 Old 01-03-2008, 05:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKNBS View Post

Regarding the use of the Plasma Break-in DVD, does it make a difference what setting the DVD player is set to? In other words, should the DVD player be set to progressive scan at 480p, 720p or 1080i for a 50" screen?

No difference. The most important thing is that it is set to output for a widescreen tv.

-Evangelo2
post #731 of 1285 Old 01-03-2008, 08:52 AM

Should the contrast and brightness be set to a certain level when running the disk?
post #732 of 1285 Old 01-03-2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelo2 View Post

No difference. The most important thing is that it is set to output for a widescreen tv.

-Evangelo2

Just to add to that, you need to ensure that the color screens from the DVD cover the entire screen/viewable area on your TV. I have read about a few people who initially run it with the black side or top bars (letterbox/4:3) and that won't help you out correctly.

Enjoy, I loved my break-in DVD and REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY appreciate Evangelo's hard work and helpfulness!!!!!!!
post #733 of 1285 Old 01-03-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan35 View Post

Should the contrast and brightness be set to a certain level when running the disk?

YESSSSSSSS. I used Zippy's break-in settings and it seemed to make a phenomenal difference!!!

Here is the link:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=841319
post #734 of 1285 Old 01-03-2008, 12:31 PM

Those settings are for a Samsung. I have a Philips. I am thinking that the contrasr and brightness should be set low?
post #735 of 1285 Old 01-03-2008, 12:33 PM

My bad, I didn't catch that........sorry.
post #736 of 1285 Old 01-03-2008, 07:03 PM

Thanks for the reply. It's running...
post #737 of 1285 Old 01-05-2008, 11:06 AM

my white-to-gray transition is not gradual but the other three (blue, red, green) are. it says bright white for 30 secs, changes to light grey and stays for 90 secs, then again goes back to bright white for another 30 sec and so on. I never see dark gray. and it is definitely not gradual.

this same thing happened both with ISO (burned with DVD Decrypter) and VIDEO_TS (burned with Nero) format. and it happened on my laptop pc, desktop pc, normal tv, and plasma tv.

I didn't read anyone having such a problem, so what am I doing wrong here? any help?
post #738 of 1285 Old 01-09-2008, 01:30 PM

I bought the Samsung 4254 about 3 weeks ago and have been watching regular TV with settings adjusted to Zippy's recommendations. I've also been running the scrolling pattern overnight once a week. Break in just by watching has been slow, so I'm going to download and run the DVD while I'm at work.

I have been thinking of something though. I was watching the BCS Championship game the other night, and left the room after the game with it still on the same channel. The shows afterward weren't broadcast in HD, so of course there were bars on the side. It was on for about an hour or so and when I returned, I changed the channel and noticed a bit of IR due to the bars. I immediately ran the scrolling pattern and went to bed. When I got up the next morning, all signs of them had disappeared.

My question is this.....when the TV experiences IR before the recommended break-in period, are the phosphors damaged in any way making them more susceptible to IR or burn-in in the future or should everything be okay?

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered, but due to the massive amount of info on this forum regarding this model plasma alone, it would take me weeks to get through it all.

TIA
post #739 of 1285 Old 01-10-2008, 02:31 PM

Evangelo2 - pardon my "noobness" but I was just reading about your breaking-in DVD and am curious as to how it works. I am going to buy a Pioneer 5010 so I'm just getting prepared.

If there is a break-in period of 100-200 hours how do you use the DVD? Leave it in for 100 hours straight? I use my ps3 as my dvd player as well so hopefully it's compatible with your DVD.

Thanks for your help!

Geoff

Check out the Pioneer 5010/6010 ONLY settings/issues/discussion Threadhttp://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=983491
post #740 of 1285 Old 01-10-2008, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

It plays for 24 hours straight. I used it for about 16 hour clips at a time.
I would let my tv rest a few hours a day.

If you search through this thread you will find answers to many questions. Hope this helps.

-Evangelo2
post #741 of 1285 Old 01-10-2008, 02:38 PM

Great, thanks Evangelo. Yeah, I've been researching on the thread here and there, but appreciate the direct response. Have a good one!

G

Check out the Pioneer 5010/6010 ONLY settings/issues/discussion Threadhttp://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=983491
post #742 of 1285 Old 01-11-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbr1ryder View Post

Evangelo2 - pardon my "noobness" but I was just reading about your breaking-in DVD and am curious as to how it works. I am going to buy a Pioneer 5010 so I'm just getting prepared.

If there is a break-in period of 100-200 hours how do you use the DVD? Leave it in for 100 hours straight? I use my ps3 as my dvd player as well so hopefully it's compatible with your DVD.

Thanks for your help!

Geoff

I used his break-in DVD on my PS3 and it worked like a champ!!!! You should have no problem.
post #743 of 1285 Old 01-11-2008, 04:58 PM

Which format is used for the PS3? I tried that once but the PS3 didn't recognize the content on the DVD-R. I need to use the PS3 because my DVD player won't play DVD-R.

Chas
post #744 of 1285 Old 01-11-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas4273 View Post

Which format is used for the PS3? I tried that once but the PS3 didn't recognize the content on the DVD-R. I need to use the PS3 because my DVD player won't play DVD-R.

Chas

I D/L'd the ISO version to my desktop (PC) and then burned it to a DVD-R using DVD Decrypter. No issues, no problems, did it all on the first try (downloading, burning, running it on PS3).

Give that a shot and see if it works for ya.

Good luck.
post #745 of 1285 Old 01-14-2008, 01:48 PM

Just out of curiosity, I'm about to buy a Pio 5080, I already have an HTPC with an HDMI hookup. Do I need to burn this at all? Can I just play the file and have the PC loop it?
post #746 of 1285 Old 01-17-2008, 05:27 AM

I've downloaded (but not yet burned) the DVD. I'm on the verge of buying. I should break it in but I'm already unhappy to have to wait so long for full use. (Especially given the divided opinion about the need for break-in.) Would it still be useful to watch with normal settings and run the DVD at other times at reduced settings? Can I have my cake and eat it too?

Rick
post #747 of 1285 Old 01-17-2008, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

rskay,
I think its safe to watch at normal (that means calibrated, not Dynamic or Vivid settings which is normal for a lot of people) settings when you are watching the tv and turn down the settings when the disc is playing. One thing I would avoid is black bars though. Just zoom the picture or stretch the picture to get rid of black bars. Besides OAR DVD's greater than 16:0 ratio you should not really have to deal with black bars. Many cable boxes have options to make the black bars grey and after you see what HD looks like on it you won't want to watch anything that is 4:3 anyway
-Evangelo2
post #748 of 1285 Old 01-17-2008, 07:22 AM

I downloaded the DVD.. Burned it... Put it in for like 5min and took it out...

I don't like what the dvd does... The whole changing color thing I think works in theory.. just don't see it working realistically. I think watching HD programming would do a better job since all the pixels are constantly changing at fast rates and hopefully preventing some from being stuck on whatever color.
post #749 of 1285 Old 01-17-2008, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagar852 View Post

I downloaded the DVD.. Burned it... Put it in for like 5min and took it out...

I don't like what the dvd does... The whole changing color thing I think works in theory.. just don't see it working realistically. I think watching HD programming would do a better job since all the pixels are constantly changing at fast rates and hopefully preventing some from being stuck on whatever color.

Doesn't really work like that. Stuck pixels are stuck pixels. Displaying a color for 30 seconds won't make a pixel get stuck.

Watching HD programming is actually perfectly fine but the rates at which they are changing is not a part of breaking it in. For Break in it is just improtant to not have any high contrast points on the screen for long periods of time. Some plasmas are more sensitive than others. My Pio is pretty resistent to any image retention but my sisters Samsung 1080p palsma is highly prone to it. Her TV is still very young so hopefully it will grow out of this strong IR habit.

Sorry, got off track, my only point is that quickly changeing images is not what is important, uniformly lit pixels aging at the same rate is.

-Evangelo2
post #750 of 1285 Old 01-17-2008, 08:17 AM

Thanks Evangelo2. And thanks for the DVD!
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Elite

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page