Download Break In DVD (SVCD) - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 1285 Old 06-01-2006, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've tried Evangelo's DVD and the one on dvdshrink. I have a Panasonic 50PX60U. The BLUE screens do not appear to be blue while playing either disk. Anybody else have this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 1285 Old 06-01-2006, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Hey SDHughes,
On my Pio Plasma, the lighter blue shades had a purplish tinit to them but the pure blue image did look blue (it is pure blue according to Adobe Photoshop). Not sure why this 1 picture is not displaying. It is possible that the default cinema settings on your plasma are not correctly calibrated. Id recommend running some kind of calibration using your DVD player with something like AVIA.
One more thing, there really is no threat of anything bad happening by the blue picture not displaying. As long as the pictures keep changing cleanly there is no threat to your plasma from the break in dvd. Just strange that the blue is not showing for you. What DVD player are you using? How is it connected?
-Evangelo2
post #183 of 1285 Old 06-02-2006, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelo2 View Post

Hey SDHughes,
On my Pio Plasma, the lighter blue shades had a purplish tinit to them but the pure blue image did look blue (it is pure blue according to Adobe Photoshop). Not sure why this 1 picture is not displaying. It is possible that the default cinema settings on your plasma are not correctly calibrated. Id recommend running some kind of calibration using your DVD player with something like AVIA.
One more thing, there really is no threat of anything bad happening by the blue picture not displaying. As long as the pictures keep changing cleanly there is no threat to your plasma from the break in dvd. Just strange that the blue is not showing for you. What DVD player are you using? How is it connected?
-Evangelo2

I am using a Yamaha DVD-C750 connected to a Yamaha HTR-5960 A/V Receiver connected to PX60U. Both connections are component.
post #184 of 1285 Old 06-08-2006, 07:43 PM

how long should the break dvd dvd run continuously at most?
post #185 of 1285 Old 06-12-2006, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

XBox 360 Update!

Hey Guys,
Many of you have asked if this break in DVD works on teh XBox 360. I got an email from someone who has gotten it to play through the XBox 360. They saw the same problems as the rest of us until they used the TS files to burn the disc. So there you go. To run this on the XBox360 try burning the TS files. Let me know if this works for you.
-Evangelo2
post #186 of 1285 Old 06-13-2006, 08:14 PM

I read on another site that they have used white noise for the break in.

They just tune to an empty channel and make sure the aerial is pulled out and the auto-power off funtion is disabled.

What do you think if this method compared with using the Burnin in DVD mentioned in this thread?

Will it be safe or safer?

Thanks a lot

Ian
post #187 of 1285 Old 06-16-2006, 10:52 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
EDIT: ignore the original posting, located below the ***'s...

OK, finally got this to work - I downloaded the trial version of Nero and got the DVD-R download to work - after a few discs... So I am now breaking in my Hitachi 42HDT52A that I bought 6/14/06. I have the following settings for Input 4, Day mode - set specifically for this exercise:

contrast - 9%
brightness - 9%
color - 50%
tint - 0% (dead center)
sharpness - 25%
black enhancement - OFF
contrast mode - NORMAL
noise reduction - OFF
auto movie mode - OFF
black side panel - OFF (color images fill screen, so not an issue)

Are these proper settings to use when using the break-in disc?? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Current installed software version is V0102.0001, latest per my chat w/ Hitachi this afternoon is V0113.0001. Anyone know what the updated software fixes?

(EDIT - just spoke with another Hitachi rep this morning - he says V0113 is the latest software for the 42HDT52 model while V0102 is the latest software for the 42HDT52A. Can anyone else confirm this?

FYI, this was bought as a floor model so not sure how many hours are already on it. It was mfr'd in April 2006 in Mexico (wtf?), so maybe 2 months +/- of in-store use. Video Only doesn't seem to torch their TVs with ridiculous settings, at least compared to BB and CC...

ok, I'm an idiot...

I've downloaded and burned most of the files mentioned in this thread, and I cannot get one of the discs to be recognized in my DVD player (Yammy DVD-CX1). What am I doing wrong?? My guess is that I am burning the files as a "data disc".

BTW, tried doing this at work today which has Nero and another program. My laptop at home has Sonic DigitalMedia Plus v7 CD/DVD burning software.

Can someone help this Nero-challenged plasma newbie create this SVCD/DVD so I can get my new toy started off on the right foot? I just bought a new Hitachi 42HDT52 about 28 hours ago...

Heck, I'll gladly send someone an "ePint" via pay pal if you help me get a disc ready to go...

Thanks!!

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
post #188 of 1285 Old 06-17-2006, 10:59 PM

Thanks for the work on this. Just got Pioneer 505CMX two weeks ago. Being new to the plasma world, how do you know how many hours you have viewed on the tv? Is there a counter menu or are you just manually keeping track? Thanks again for the disk. I have it running now.
post #189 of 1285 Old 06-20-2006, 07:00 AM
Advanced Member

I finally got around to this but have some questions on the DVD-R version. The zip file contains an .iso file and a .msd file. Do I need to burn both to the disc? I only burned the iso file and it it seems to work fine, but the disc is only 45 minutes in length (roughly.) I read that it should be 16 hours. Did I do something wrong?
post #190 of 1285 Old 06-20-2006, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

britboyhk,
White Noise is most likely fine also. I like having a uniform color pattern on th screen but I also am extremely picky. I imagine white noise would cause no issue but I do not know 100% for sure.

mak99,
Glad you got everything working. your lowered contrast and brightness settings should be ok at such a low percentqage level. I believe I had my contrast and brightness down to 20%.

jkscherk,
Each slideshow is 45 minutes in length. At the 45 minute mark it should roll over to the next slide show and start another 45 minute stretch. This should go on for ~24 hours on the DVD Version.

-Evangelo2
post #191 of 1285 Old 06-20-2006, 09:37 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

mak99,
Glad you got everything working. your lowered contrast and brightness settings should be ok at such a low percentqage level. I believe I had my contrast and brightness down to 20%. -Evangelo2

Evangelo - thanks again for all your time and effort to make such a great break-in disc for everyone! Funny - every time the one green screen comes up, I wonder why the MPAA rating is missing...

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
post #192 of 1285 Old 06-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

jkscherk,
Each slideshow is 45 minutes in length. At the 45 minute mark it should roll over to the next slide show and start another 45 minute stretch. This should go on for ~24 hours on the DVD Version.

-Evangelo2

Got it. I just assumed it restarted the disc at the 45 minute mark (as I had the disc repeat turned on.) I'll try again tonight.

Thanks!
post #193 of 1285 Old 06-27-2006, 10:21 AM

I burned the break in DVD last night and started running it this morning on my 1130 that I just picked up over the weekend. Thanks for putting this together!
post #194 of 1285 Old 06-27-2006, 01:03 PM

Great find! I gotta do this.
post #195 of 1285 Old 07-09-2006, 06:56 PM

I had this running for 8 hours straight today, all my settings are at 40 on a Maxent MX-42HPM20. Anyone having vertical lines in some of the color images? On the purple/lavendar screen I get veritcal lines that look like an electricity current running up an down. Anyone else see this?
post #196 of 1285 Old 08-09-2006, 04:06 PM

Well I downloaded Nero 7 demo. I was able to create a SVCD. I'm getting some different color bands in some of the colors which I've not heard about. Not sure If I burnt this with the correct preferences. Didn't someone post the instructions for Nero on burning this? Thanks.
post #197 of 1285 Old 08-14-2006, 08:45 AM

Hi,

I'm having real problems in burning a break in dvd that will actually work with either of the stand alone dvd players I have at home.

I have both DVD Decytpter/Shrink and Nero and have attempted to use them in a number of different ways to create the break in dvd. Every disc (I think I've used about 10 dvd-r's now) I have burnt, play perfectly on the PC with either Powerdvd or WMedia player. However when played in either my Pioneer 717 or 747a I can't get any of them to play.

I'm really no expert with computers so I presume it's something I'm doing incorrectly. I've posted this in the hope that someone might be able to make a suggestion...probably something obvious !!

I have a Pioneer 436SXE by the way.

Thanks

Ian

Cambridge, United Kingdom.
post #198 of 1285 Old 08-14-2006, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hi Ian,
Sorry you ahve not had luck in getting it to work. Have you tried the CD-R version? Most DVD players play SVCDs so it should work. It may be worth a try since CD-Rs are cheap.
Have you ever played a DVD-R on your DVD player before? If no one else chimes in it may just be that your DVD player doesn't paly DVD-Rs.
-Evangelo2
post #199 of 1285 Old 08-14-2006, 10:13 AM

Hi,

I did try a SVCD one aswell with the same result. The 747a displayed only a white screen (for some time) and nothing else.

I have also just checked the 747a with a DVD-R from my fathers panasonic dvd recorder and it plays fine.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I can't help feeling that there's some setting somewhere I haven't checked/unchecked.

Ian
post #200 of 1285 Old 08-14-2006, 05:28 PM

Can I burn this to a normal DVD and play it? Do I need to use the other format?

I did a DVD burn at work and opened it up with Windows Media playe; i can see the images change every 30 seconds...

will that be ok for me to use?
post #201 of 1285 Old 08-16-2006, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber_of_mirro View Post

Can I burn this to a normal DVD and play it? Do I need to use the other format?

I did a DVD burn at work and opened it up with Windows Media playe; i can see the images change every 30 seconds...

will that be ok for me to use?

A newbie to Plasma.
I want to know the same. Can I burn the Video_TS into a DVD and play that using my DVD player for Break-in? Will that work? Why is everybody talking only about SVCD?
Please let us know.
post #202 of 1285 Old 08-16-2006, 02:14 PM

Sorry if this has been asked before..

I serously want to start using this dvd to break the 100 hour mark on my brand new panasonic, however I would like to now if any research was done in order to make this "break in DVD"...

I kinda understand the usage of RGB colors+grayscale, but how is this better than say, moving images? Is it not dangerous showing a solid color for a while on a plasma?

Shouldnt it be better to show a continuosly scroll of colors, that pans horizontaly on screen?
post #203 of 1285 Old 08-20-2006, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Gray View Post

Hi,

I'm having real problems in burning a break in dvd that will actually work with either of the stand alone dvd players I have at home.

I have both DVD Decytpter/Shrink and Nero and have attempted to use them in a number of different ways to create the break in dvd. Every disc (I think I've used about 10 dvd-r's now) I have burnt, play perfectly on the PC with either Powerdvd or WMedia player. However when played in either my Pioneer 717 or 747a I can't get any of them to play.

I'm really no expert with computers so I presume it's something I'm doing incorrectly. I've posted this in the hope that someone might be able to make a suggestion...probably something obvious !!

I have a Pioneer 436SXE by the way.

Thanks

Ian

Cambridge, United Kingdom.

Update....

I've just burnt a working copy. I thought I'd try a different brand of DVD-R. I was using very cheap -r's from my local supermarket. This time though I used a verbatim one and hey presto success.
post #204 of 1285 Old 08-22-2006, 05:59 PM

boy I hate to ask, but.... can anyone mail me one of the burn-in dvds, and I'll reimburse you for postage, and send it back, if you'd like? I don't have a burner, and I just ordered a panny 9UK.
Please pm me if you wouldn't mind.
TIA,
goMO (NJ)
post #205 of 1285 Old 08-28-2006, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzen View Post

Sorry if this has been asked before..

I kinda understand the usage of RGB colors+grayscale, but how is this better than say, moving images? Is it not dangerous showing a solid color for a while on a plasma?

Well my theory would be that since its a solid color the phospherous burn would be even. I've been running it for about 15hrs now.

I had trouble burning with Nero. The image file didn't work at all. I found an option to dump in the Video folder that you have listed also and that worked for me.
post #206 of 1285 Old 08-31-2006, 08:43 AM

Evangelo2,

Thanks for a great tool!

I'm curious as to how you made it. Unfortunately I used my 50PHD8UK far too long in 4:3 mode with black bars (my cable box gave me setup problems), and when I went to calibrate it with DVE, I noticed the difference in brightness between the edges and the center. Not real bad, but I'd like to get rid of it. I want to make a DVD that would put bright side bars, with an all black middle, to try to even out the phosphor wear. So any ideas, suggestions, software used, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

tom (also on LI)
post #207 of 1285 Old 08-31-2006, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I was thinking of throwing a pattern out there for this.
I use Photoshop (but you can do this with MSPaint Probably) and jsut draw the image you want to come out on the screen. In your case the reverse 4:3 box. I switched my cable box to have grey side bars to avoid this problem.

-Evangelo2
post #208 of 1285 Old 09-02-2006, 08:08 AM

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before. I did search throughthe thread but could not find an answer.
I just took delivery of a Panasonic TH50PV600M (I am in Saudi Arabia) and it does not come with any stand at all. SO wanted to use the time till when my Chief wall mount arrives to use the burn-in disc. Have downloaded and burned the disc to a DVD-R.
I use an Oppo DV971H player.
Plan to hook up the player to the Panny using DVI-HDMI. Panny will still be sitting in the styrofoam (lower portion only on sides). I understand the Disc will play for 16hrs or so. Should I just let the repeat function of the player repeat the disc every 16 hours until I hit 200 hrs, or shoudl I allow the player and Panny plasma a break every so often.
All is set up in an unused room of the hosue for now, so I can let it go on continously for 13 cycle of 16 hrs each = 208 hrs = 8.5. Not sure whether this will harm the plasma more than do it good as it would be in 24x7 operation for almost 9 days.

Any assistance or help or comments woudl be greatly appreciated.
post #209 of 1285 Old 09-02-2006, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Roopster,
This should not be a problem as long as you make sure NO BLACK BARS are being displayed on the screen the way you set up your dvd player and as long as you ahve confidence you DVD player will function properly and loop back without displaying some sort of menu built into the player. Giving the Plasma a break to cool down every 12-16 hours might not be a bad idea either.

-Evangelo2
post #210 of 1285 Old 09-02-2006, 09:40 PM

Thanks Evangelo2. I got the original SVCD/CD-R download and Nero to work, popped it in my Sony NV90 DVD player, and Bingo, works like a charm so far. Surprising as most of the time I do stuff like this it takes forever and never goes right the first time. I'm using to break-in my new Hitachi 55 HDT79. Dumb question, but you leave the TV on while the break-in DVD is running, right???

Thanks again!!!

Hitachi 55" HDT79 - Version 0116.0001 "Flicker fixed BUT picture quality reduced with Version 116."
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Elite

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page