Costco/BB/CC/Sears/Dell et al Master Thread: NO PRICING /NO COUPONS - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 3647 Old 03-23-2006, 07:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
MOCKBA, what kind of tuner problem? Just curious. I picked up the Vizeo on Monday and have been thrilled so far. For the price I think it is going to be tough to beat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 3647 Old 03-23-2006, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCKBA View Post

Will Costco sell Westinghouse LCD? I bought Vizio, it's a good entry level panel, however mine has tuner problem, so I'm willing to replace it for something more mature like Westinghouse.

just take it back to Costco and get a replacement. that's what is so great about Costco, you don't have to deal with the manufacturer's service dept.
post #633 of 3647 Old 03-23-2006, 09:52 AM
AVS Club Gold

The OTA tuner in the Vizio is pretty weak.

Someday maybe I'll actually WATCH my projector...
post #634 of 3647 Old 03-23-2006, 12:27 PM

It looks like costco.com now has the Maxent MX-50X3 on their site. They used to carry the X2 but the general consensus was that the X3 was much improved. Any thoughts on this set? I know there was a discussion a while back comparing the Maxent to the Vizio, but I can't find it anymore.
post #635 of 3647 Old 03-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tneal View Post

It looks like costco.com now has the Maxent MX-50X3 on their site. They used to carry the X2 but the general consensus was that the X3 was much improved. Any thoughts on this set? I know there was a discussion a while back comparing the Maxent to the Vizio, but I can't find it anymore.

Why can't they blow the doors off the Panny prices like they are on this thing?
That's an amazing deal!

I've learned that there are three things not to discuss with other people: Religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.
post #636 of 3647 Old 03-23-2006, 06:58 PM

Maybe I can get some help here. I just spotted a Pioneer PDP-4214HD, here in Vancouver, BC. The price is decent, and i'm wondering if anyone has heard of this model? Pio has a description of it here: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...101944,00.html . Would like to hear some comments from owners. Thank you.
post #637 of 3647 Old 03-23-2006, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooshoo View Post

Maybe I can get some help here. I just spotted a Pioneer PDP-4214HD, here in Vancouver, BC. The price is decent, and i'm wondering if anyone has heard of this model? Pio has a description of it here: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...101944,00.html . Would like to hear some comments from owners. Thank you.

Have you looked at this thread?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=569935
post #638 of 3647 Old 03-24-2006, 08:12 AM

Looks like Panasonic is using Costco as their new clearing house. After the weeks of the 50" commercial plasma being on and off the site and then the 42" being added I see today they have the 65" Panasonic on the website.

Think they are clearing everything out ready for the new models?
post #639 of 3647 Old 03-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwirx8 View Post

Looks like Panasonic is using Costco as their new clearing house. After the weeks of the 50" commercial plasma being on and off the site and then the 42" being added I see today they have the 65" Panasonic on the website.

Think they are clearing everything out ready for the new models?

Oh, please Lort, let Costco list the 42PWD for 1499 or less.

I've learned that there are three things not to discuss with other people: Religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.
post #640 of 3647 Old 03-24-2006, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tneal View Post

I have the Maxent mx-50x3 and I absolutely love it. While it may have some minor flaws (what TV doesn't?), the picture quality is excellent. Before buying I compared it to Panny, Phillips, Samsung and Pioneer. It looked better than the Phillips, as good as the Panny, and not as good as the Pio which was $2k more. There is an MX-50x3 thread at this site with over 1,500 posts so you might want to look there. Most of the people there are as satisified as I am.
post #641 of 3647 Old 03-24-2006, 11:51 AM

im hoping costco carries the panny 37inchers!
post #642 of 3647 Old 03-24-2006, 01:52 PM

I have the Maxent 42x3, and would consider moving up to the 50x3. I just wish it were in the stores and I wouldn't have to incur $230 to ship...
post #643 of 3647 Old 03-24-2006, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpoet View Post

The OTA tuner in the Vizio is pretty weak.

I just set mine up and OTA is just fine, check your antenna position.
post #644 of 3647 Old 03-24-2006, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpov View Post

I have the Maxent mx-50x3 and I absolutely love it. While it may have some minor flaws (what TV doesn't?), the picture quality is excellent. Before buying I compared it to Panny, Phillips, Samsung and Pioneer. It looked better than the Phillips, as good as the Panny, and not as good as the Pio which was $2k more. There is an MX-50x3 thread at this site with over 1,500 posts so you might want to look there. Most of the people there are as satisified as I am.

Same Here!

Go Phillies! Go Eagles! Go Sixers! Go Flyers!
post #645 of 3647 Old 03-25-2006, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by z.mash View Post

Have you looked at this thread?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=569935

Ah, right. Thank you so much.
post #646 of 3647 Old 03-26-2006, 02:09 AM

I used to work for Costco and left in good terms. I was in fact in the electronics dept.

Costco works like this.

1: forever "satisfaction guaranteed" policy ..this is unwritten
a: as long as you spend more money than you return, you are considered in good standing. This means that your return will most likely be accepted.

2: If you return the same or similar item at the limit of the "written" warranty, a RED flag goes up and you will most likely run into trouble.
a: they may refuse to take your item, or you may have to speak with a supervisor or manager to get it authorized. If its an obvious violation they may refund your membership and tell you to shop elsewhere.
b: this is mainly for gross violations on t.v's and computers or expensive items.

3:If you use the costco policy for coverage for defective material, you will be covered for the life of the T.V., but it goes on the honor system,...i.e.: have you had more than 5 years of use out of your tv? was it constantly on? is it dusty and not taken care of properly?. these are things to consider when returning items. If this becomes a habit, then refer to rule #2.

4: if you return more than you spend, and are not just returning christmas or birthday gifts, be prepared to have your card torn up. Costco does not want your business. They do not give their money to people who find items on the street. And most likely your card was someone elses you have used to get into the store.
They are aware of most scams... including rebate scams.

5: Basically it comes down to if your T.V. is in the warranty period you are expected to contact the vendor, although 90% of people just return it to the store. This is fine. You are a valued Costco member. If your past your warranty, you must use the Costco chain of command strategy. But do this only if you feel your claim is justified. This is a powerful tool and to be used for legitimate claims.

If an employee in returns dept. can not give you your money back or a store credit, they must call a supervisor for an approval.

DO NOT GET MAD AT THE HOURLY....THEY HAVE 0.000% APPROVAL MAKING.

The supervisor is in between salary and hourly and can make most easy calls on returns. If they can not accept the return and do not get a manager(salary) to authorize the return, YOU MUST ASK TO SPEAK WITH THE MANAGER.

This begins the Costco experience. If this manager fails to give you your money back , then you ask to speak with his manager. If this manager gives you the run around then you ask for the next one until you reach the Wharehouse Manager. You will never make it there because he is important and usually busy watching the bottom line. Most cases are solved by the assistant wharehouse manager. In dire cases you must ask the name of the Regional Manager. If you get past this point id be surprised.

Basically, nobody has ever made it to Jim Sinegal, the CEO of Costco because if he hears of a T.V dissatisfaction, the previous manager will be fired.

This is how costco works. This is not an exxageration This is for real.

hope this helps you all out.........good luck , from the former costco sales clerk

And BTW i was employed for 10 years and had to leave because of a back injury. I was not let go for any performance related issues
post #647 of 3647 Old 03-26-2006, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by christmaswraith View Post

2: If you return the same or similar item at the limit of the "written" warranty, a RED flag goes up and you will most likely run into trouble.
a: they may refuse to take your item, or you may have to speak with a supervisor or manager to get it authorized. If its an obvious violation they may refund your membership and tell you to shop elsewhere.
b: this is mainly for gross violations on t.v's and computers or expensive items.

Can you explain this in a different way? What do you mean by "if you return the same or similar item" at the limit of the written warranty? Do you mean if you are returning for the second or third time or what?
post #648 of 3647 Old 03-26-2006, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I don't have a lot of money and that is why i tried costco for their return program.
I am trying the 42 sceptre and if it doesn't work or dead pixels I'll take it back.
that is why i shop at a place that has a good return polices
post #649 of 3647 Old 03-26-2006, 10:39 PM

I saw the Sharp LC37D at Costco. I couldn't tell if it's a 6u or 7u. It's on their website too.

Anyone know if and when they are getting the 45" ?

Any word on the next wave of Pioneers? I saw that they are phasing out the current Pio's and I hope they get the 4360 line. Anyone know if it's coming?
post #650 of 3647 Old 03-26-2006, 11:50 PM

To Expand on #2:

If you purchase a pioneer tv and watch it for 11 months and 30 days, then return the television and say there was a problem with the T.V. costco logs this, (granted it is as a return and only shows your return date and purchase date)

Then if you decide to buy another pioneer tv or different brand and return it 11 months later another "red" flag goes up. (most t.v. warranties are labeled as 1 year on the box. They may have 2 year tube warranty and 1 year labor on parts.)

Basically Costco reserves the right to refuse someone whom they think are abusing the return policy.

They also have the right to refuse someone who is consistantly returning items of high dollar value. They see this as renting for free.

This does not mean that any legitimate clain willbe suspicious. Believe me, they can tell very effectively who is doing what. Costco has track records for certain items being returned for similar defects. So they take that into account. All the people behind retunrs desk do is track returns all day and help members. They know what items are making many returns, from different people.

This however does not mean you have a case file on your card for returns, unless you try to scam costco or your returns outweigh your purchases.

So, there is no second or third time so to say, but definately they know if a item is returned for the third time with the same problem and many other people are returning it for the same issue, then this is a legitimate claim. they know which items are defective (Costco doesnt usually sell defective items but it happens)

On a personal note. After a second time buying a product and it fails for the same reason, please just buy a different brand name item. You never have to worry about your standing with costco, or be frusterated at a model that happens to be "junk".

Also the one person said is true. KEEP YOUR RECEIPT!!! If you arent organized, we tell people to scotch tape it to the bottom of your tv or dvd player so you never lose it. Receipts are like passes to the front of the line. Basically you don't get many headaches and have less problems with returns. If you don't have your receipt, then be prepared to be on a world of hurt. (There is one exception)

Costco Keeps track of purchase dates. But you must know the EXACT DATE when you purchased an item if youve lost your receipt, and you must know the card number it was purchased under.

Hope this helps
post #651 of 3647 Old 03-27-2006, 03:23 AM

I'd like to purchase one of these LCDs below from Costco, but which ones do you guys think is the better buy?

Philips 32" 16:9
HDTV LCD TV
Resolution: 1366 x 768
Model 32PF7320A/37
(NOT ALLOWED)

Dell
W3201C
32" LCD HDTV
(NOT ALLOWED)

Sceptre 37" LCD HDTV
Supports 1080p
Resolution: 1920x1080
Brightness: 600 cd/m²
(NOT ALLOWED)

Philips
37" LCD HDTV
Brightness: 550 cd/m²
Model 37PF7320A/37
(NOT ALLOWED)

Sony Bravia
32" HDTV LCD Monitor
HDMI Connection
KLV-S32A10
(NOT ALLOWED)
post #652 of 3647 Old 03-27-2006, 05:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 31
it's all in the eye of the beholder.
I read a review at and they gave a viewsonic a better rating then the olevia 32 i had.
I picked up the viewsonic(3250) for a great price and took it back to much ghosting when watching hockey.the viewsonic looked bad compared to the olevia.
post #653 of 3647 Old 03-27-2006, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurribaggio View Post

I'd like to purchase one of these LCDs below from Costco, but which ones do you guys think is the better buy?

Philips 32" 16:9
HDTV LCD TV
Model 32PF7320A/37
(NOT ALLOWED)

Dell
W3201C
32" LCD HDTV
(NOT ALLOWED)

Sceptre 37" LCD HDTV
Supports 1080p
Resolution: 1920x1080
Brightness: 600 cd/m²
(NOT ALLOWED)

Philips
37" LCD HDTV
Brightness: 550 cd/m²
Model 37PF7320A/37
(NOT ALLOWED)

Sony Bravia
32" HDTV LCD Monitor
HDMI Connection
KLV-S32A10
(NOT ALLOWED)

Today, you can get the 37" Phillips at local Cosco.

Westinghouse 47w1 Samsung 55C650
Cox HD Multi Rooms DVR
Sony BD
post #654 of 3647 Old 03-27-2006, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Any word on whether the Maxent 42" plasma available starting today at Costco is an "online only" item for them? I know other B&M stores have it on the floor.

post #655 of 3647 Old 03-27-2006, 03:36 PM

Christmaswraith,

Can you tell me if the Dell 37" lcd tv with a two year warranty at Costco is a good buy? Does Costco sell refurbished tvs?

Thanks
post #656 of 3647 Old 03-28-2006, 04:46 AM
Advanced Member

Although BB is overpricing the 50px60U I know how to make them pricematch. However in major store chains such as BB, are you allowed to actually buy one of their display models and in this case a 50px60u. As an open box TV?

PSN: J_Rodz2588
post #657 of 3647 Old 03-29-2006, 03:55 AM

Does anyone here know if there is a specific day of the week wherein Costco gets their Plasma inventory? I ask because I've been to my local Costco here in LA, and it seems that sometimes they have new Plasmas, and other times they have less of a specific model.

I ask because I am about to go ahead and purchase a Plasma at my local Costco, but want to wait until I know they have new inventory as their current selection leaves much to be desired [at least for my price range [2k] ].

Any info would be appreciated.
post #658 of 3647 Old 03-29-2006, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Took a look at the Maxent that Costco is selling online now, by visiting Best Buy, and it's definitely not as nice as the Maxent Costco was selling circa 6 months ago.

Did notice, however, that an one local Costco, they've got the 50 inch Panny back in stock. No sign of the 42 inch panny, which is what I want. Anyone seen one in store lately?

post #659 of 3647 Old 03-29-2006, 11:45 AM

yeah i've seen the 42in panny at the costco on lawrence expressway in san jose
post #660 of 3647 Old 03-29-2006, 12:00 PM

Quote: