Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #1 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 313
All Costco/Best Buy/ Circuit City/Sears/Target et al chat goes here and only here

NO PRICING/ NO COUPONS/NO RETAIL LINKS /NO COSTCO Links

Here you go fellas: your own Costco/BB/CC thread: but you still must abide by forum rules

Technical support issues only please

Please take the high road in every post
Please do not quote or respond to problematic posts: report them to mods to handle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The Philips site now shows info about this exact model. It mentions "anti-ageing circuit" as a screen enhancement. Is that Philips' version of pixel shifting?
post #3 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 11:30 AM

So i just ordered this from costco and wanted to get an idea of when these would be shipping from panny to the US. I called up panny cust service and they informed me that no more 50 or 500 models are being made and that the next ones to come out are the 60 and 600's which will be in March. Anybody else have this same info? Whats going to happen to our Costco only PM's?
post #4 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 11:59 AM

Thanx markrubin.
This is an extremely useful thread.

After having witnessed the mugging of a snail by a fellow snail, the investigating officer asked the DMP-BD30 what happened to which the BD player replied "I don't remember...it happened so fast."
post #5 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 12:03 PM

Wow. So is there where we can read about how people buy TV's from Costco's and then returns them years later for a full refund? NICE...
post #6 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskeg View Post

The Philips site now shows info about this exact model.

In the 50PF7220A/37 specs "Smart sound, Volume Leveller" is NOT listed (it is in the 50PF7320A/37 specs).
post #7 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 01:00 PM

I asked this question twice in the other Costco thread and never got a response, so here goes again.

For the record, I would not use Costco's return policy for a "rental" or abuse the policy. I would, however, use it if my TV failed within a few years. A $4k set should not die that quickly, and of course I would not be satisfied with my purchase. I would essentially buy a TV from Costco and pay my yearly membership instead of buying a set and extended warranty from some other store such as Best Buy.

What I'm wondering about is this: can Costco change their return policy after you have already made the purchase and have the new policy affect your existing purchase? For example, you buy a set and 8 months later they change the return policy to mirror their policy on computers. (6 month return policy, if I recall) Since you purchased your set 8 months earlier, you can no longer return your set and are left without the old Costco guarantee acting as your extended warranty.

Anyone?
post #8 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 01:05 PM

I just bought a Philips 37" LCD less than 30 days ago and on their website it is now several hundred dollars cheaper. Does anyone know if I am entitled to get a refund of the difference? To complicate things further I did not have a Costco membership and my aunt did so I wrote her a check and she put it on her costco membership and Amex card. Do you think they would give me cash back or even a store credit? Thanks.
post #9 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 01:06 PM

Good question Swank. My guess is they would make an exception for people who purchased before the new clause. Assuming they were big into the 100% satisfaction as they claim but technically I think they have the right to not allow you to return it if they wanted to.

And I don't think you could call and get them to tell you since the people you talk to can't really comment on a policy change that doesn't exist yet and may never exist.
post #10 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 01:12 PM

I got a shipping confirmation on mine. It is being shipped out of southern CA. (i live in N. Ca. so I should have it soon.) My guess is if you put the order in, got a confirming email from Costco you will ge the set. My hunch is that Costco negotiated a bulk order and tiered pricing with Panasonic. We get you X number of orders and you give us this price point and guarantee our order count (otherwise why would they preadvertise then have a 1 week ordering window). Could be we got the last of a production run with a few straggler units left over distributed to whoever. All conjecture on my part so take it for what it is worth which is exactly nada, zip, zero and less than .02 cents.
post #11 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 01:50 PM

I too am eager to see what anyone has to say about this unit when it become available. I thought it was an older unit dealt to Costco by Philips. But by the looks of what you folks are saying here, it's actually a new model not yet available.

I await all opinions on this unit. thanks.
post #12 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 01:53 PM

I think the 7320 & 7220 are the same, but Costco was given it's own part number. It's not uncommon for Sam's Club or Costco to have the same item that's available in other stores but with a different part number or SKU.

Edit: I just did a quick look through the first 10 or so pages of the two manuals & they appear identical. In fact, the help box on the table of contents lists both of them (in addition to the 37" & 42" models.
post #13 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 01:53 PM

Just took a quick swing by Costco during my lunch hour. They now have very few hdtvs on display, so they must be planning on putting a slew of new ones on display sometime soon (this week). The suspense is killing me!
post #14 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 02:09 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 37
The specs on costco did not show it, but the user manual seemed to indicate there was an integrated hd tuner? Anyone able to confirm whether it does and if so whether it would have optical/coax out so you could run 5.1 to a receiver from the tuner?
post #15 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 02:12 PM

Lindseybb,

I had the exact same situation with the 32" and had no trouble getting a "price adjustment". Just bring in receipt.

matt
post #16 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatasNJ View Post

Wow. So is there where we can read about how people buy TV's from Costco's and then returns them years later for a full refund? NICE...

LoL, if you want to read that, there's a retail employee's forum out there somewhere. On the costco one, there's a thread dedicated to return policy. Quite a few interesting stories in there such as cat toy returned because a lady ran over her cat, a man who returned a dead plant because he didn't water it, a ring returned with a fake diamond inside, and also big plasma tv returned with bricks and junk inside the box instead of the tv itself. At least Costco employees are smart enough to catch most of that unlike Best Buy customer service.
post #17 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 02:43 PM

Where do you see that Costo has a 30-day satifaction guarantee? They have a 100% satisfaction guarantee which stipulates on a 6 month return limit on computer equipment. Nothing about 30 days anywhere on their website that I can see.

I suggest you verify your statements before you post them in a thread and misinform people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htsource View Post

Lindseybb,

Since you purchased the LCD less than 30 days, if I remember correctly, Costco has 30-day satisfaction guarantee so I don't see why you can't get a refund of the difference. Otherwise, you could return the whole TV because you're not satisfied with the price.

I don't think they can do anything once it's beyond the 30-day period though.

post #18 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 02:45 PM

That's why I said "IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY". I'm in Canada though so maybe the policy isn't the same as in the US.
post #19 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 03:24 PM

See Wormzer's posting on the link to Philips' manual on model PF7220.

Referring to this manual. Pages 2 and 3, it clearly states that 7220 has a built-in digital SDTV and HDTV tuner plus and cable card for cable use. So, 7220 is capable of receiving HD signal OTA, where available. This is excellent !

Regarding output for 5.1 surround AV system. See page 34. 7220 does have a digit audio output. I don't think it's optical, however. I can't be sure from the picture. But it's there none-the-less.
post #20 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 03:45 PM

Hey Muskeg,

I'm in Anchorage too and already have Dish Network. I've been trying to get a definitive answer on what is required to receive HD programming.

Is the Dish 500 the really big one?

Also, does anyone know how this will look with a standard digital signal? I really want a bigger TV and one that is ready for HD when I get it, but not sure how soon I will make the committment if it means one of the 8' dishes in my yard.

Thanks
post #21 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 04:04 PM

ACS called me back with an answer to the Dish Network HD in Alaska. It does require the 6' dish ($1,300), the 811 receiver ($450), $10 monthly fee on the receiver and the additional HD programming fee.

So, I now await an answer (I hope) to the question... how will this look with my standard digital signal?

Thanks
post #22 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 04:09 PM

Yup...just received mine today. Very high quality...my only problem is my Vizio L37 is not listed on the Screen Compatability Chart. It will fit, just not sure which hardware package to use. They include enough hardware for just about any product. All nicely packaged.

--------------
David Parker
--------------
post #23 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 04:11 PM

I'm interested in the Sharp Acquos 45" LCD (LC-45GD7U), but would prefer to puchase it in store instead of having to pay the $200 shipping fee (and waiting 20 business days).

I know there are none in the OC/LA area. Has anybody seen these in their B&M's?

For those who've already purchased it, would you recommend this particular model (the sticky on this model mainly discusses the GX version of this - there's no a whole lot on the GD7U so far)...
post #24 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 04:24 PM

ghwk,

your theory seems pretty good. how long after placing your order did it take to ship out?
post #25 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 04:36 PM

Do NOT buy the 811! The new MPEG 2/4 ViP222 is out and will get the new HD channels that are going up. All new (the stuff in HD now will stay MPEG2) HD channels will be MPEG4. You may have to wait till Feb. 1st. to order as that is the official launch of the new ViP 222 and 622 (HD PVR).

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpig View Post

ACS called me back with an answer to the Dish Network HD in Alaska. It does require the 6' dish ($1,300), the 811 receiver ($450), $10 monthly fee on the receiver and the additional HD programming fee.

So, I now await an answer (I hope) to the question... how will this look with my standard digital signal?

Thanks

Thanks!
John
post #26 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antidentite View Post

I'm interested in the Sharp Acquos 45" LCD (LC-45GD7U), but would prefer to puchase it in store instead of having to pay the $200 shipping fee (and waiting 20 business days).

I know there are none in the OC/LA area. Has anybody seen these in their B&M's?

For those who've already purchased it, would you recommend this particular model (the sticky on this model mainly discusses the GX version of this - there's no a whole lot on the GD7U so far)...

I've only seen the Sharp 45" in Costco, and frankly, I thought the 50" Vizio next to it looked more vibrant. The Sharp is just too much money at this point, in my opinion, and this is coming from a Sharp 32" owner.

I got my head on straight, got my booty body ready for the plush funk.
post #27 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 07:05 PM

I must throw my 2 cents in.
Costco understands retail. I have bought tens of thousands from them whether I lived in Boise, England, or Phoenix over the last 12 years. They have always taken back a product if it didn't suit the purpose that I had intended when I bought it. I returned a 32" LCD last week that I had for a week because it "didn't suit the purpose I intented. I bought a 37"LCD from them instead.
It does bother me that some consider it "OK" to take back something years after they bought it just because they can. Those people are just cheap and you won't change that as some people are just that way they are.
post #28 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 08:07 PM

Hey guys... if you have any specific questions on the Philips 7220 you can PM me and I will be glad to answer them for you as best I can... I picked it up from Costco last week and plan on using the coupon for a refund coming up soon..

It does have a built in tuner and cablecard access...... So far no complaints in PQ.... I am far from a tV expert but I am sitting about 7 feet back from this set and am about to go blind.... HD is pretty good... no complaints over here... only issue I can see so far is the glare form the screen can be quite annnoying...

I got a wall mount and need to mount it soon in a different room because 7 feet is too close for my eyes.. Good luck
post #29 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 08:08 PM

Hi, is there a way to check for a Costco's warehouse inventory of LCD TV's online? I know that every costco warehouse differ in inventory. I wanted to see if there are any SoCal costco's that carry the Samsung 40 inch LCD. Costco.com has it online but there's a $200 delivery charge.
post #30 of 3647 Old 01-17-2006, 08:35 PM

I've heard everyone say, that if you want to be safe then buy from costco. What exaclty is their retrun policy on plasmas. Are they guaranteed for life?
Closed Thread Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page