Polaroid FXM-2611C - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-20-2006, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just bought this set from Sam's Club and have some comments and questions. Picture is very good. Sound is also good but loud - volume as low as it can go and still loud enough to hear in the next room. Tuning has been a bit of a challenge. I scanned all channels in every possible way - Air, Cable, Cable HRC, Cable IRC, Cable Auto. I have basic cable and due to the ATSC tuner I can get the local HDTV feeds and Music Choice channels on my Sony KD30XS955. With the Polaroid, I got the same channels to appear, but now I can't get back to them. If I channel up or down it seems to jump back and forth between the ATSC and NTSC feeds and I can't figure out the rhyme or reason. Remote is also a little bit sluggish and needs to be pointed very narrowly at the set (within 30 degrees either way)

Anyone else figure this set out yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-22-2007, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I also have this TV and am seeing the same issues. I went to the HRC to get the channels to display properly using the up/down. Now I can't get any HD channels. I learned that cable companies broadcast the digital channels on a specific QAM and cable boxes convert these to the virtual channel. This TV does not do that. When I scanned and manually searched, I found only about 30 channels in the digital area. My next thought is to get an HD antenna and connect it. I'm hoping this will work. It appears that in order to get the analog channels displaying in a reasonable fashion, I lose the ability to pull in digital. Any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metjgd View Post

Just bought this set from Sam's Club and have some comments and questions. Picture is very good. Sound is also good but loud - volume as low as it can go and still loud enough to hear in the next room. Tuning has been a bit of a challenge. I scanned all channels in every possible way - Air, Cable, Cable HRC, Cable IRC, Cable Auto. I have basic cable and due to the ATSC tuner I can get the local HDTV feeds and Music Choice channels on my Sony KD30XS955. With the Polaroid, I got the same channels to appear, but now I can't get back to them. If I channel up or down it seems to jump back and forth between the ATSC and NTSC feeds and I can't figure out the rhyme or reason. Remote is also a little bit sluggish and needs to be pointed very narrowly at the set (within 30 degrees either way)

Anyone else figure this set out yet?

Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page