Costco/BB/CC/Sears/Dell et al Master Thread II: NO PRICING /NO COUPONS - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 842 Old 09-14-2007, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone know why Best Buy is all out of 46" XBR4's? I called a few in the bay area and website says they're out. Tried some zips in NY & other parts of the country...all unavailable.

Any insights?? Were the first couple batches flawed??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 842 Old 09-14-2007, 04:23 PM

Liked: 11
Who cares? Over priced Sony product
post #543 of 842 Old 09-14-2007, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Just order it from their, BB & CC, sites for free delivery.

Go 24
post #544 of 842 Old 09-14-2007, 09:33 PM

How many jerks on this forum abuse return policies and return a TV every 90 days and just get another one? Or whine about a TV 12 months out of warranty like it is Sams or Costcos fault.
I think there are a lot of members here I would not call "honest" people.
Sams and Costco should stop people like these from taking advantage of them.
post #545 of 842 Old 09-16-2007, 08:04 AM

I think costco is wonderful if you have a huge family ,and, or run a prison.
Buying in bulk works for some people but being single and living 8 miles from the nearest costco..where the parking lot is almost always full...taking time and gas to find a slot...and I'm paying a membership fee for this?
Yes I know what I just said pertains largely to food items and I'm not denying you can get some good buys in electronics and other departments at costco and if I did find a good electronics buy that did make paying for the membership worthwhile of course I would not hesitate to do business with costco.
I did do a lot of online shopping for a flat panel LCD recently which included checking out costco and when the smoke had cleared I left money with BB.
I think with places like sams and costco there is this psycholocgical thing that if you lay out money for a membership then you feel obligated to shop there regardless.
post #546 of 842 Old 09-16-2007, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by themdom View Post

I think costco is wonderful if you have a huge family ,and, or run a prison.
Buying in bulk works for some people but being single and living 8 miles from the nearest costco..where the parking lot is almost always full...taking time and gas to find a slot...and I'm paying a membership fee for this?
Yes I know what I just said pertains largely to food items and I'm not denying you can get some good buys in electronics and other departments at costco and if I did find a good electronics buy that did make paying for the membership worthwhile of course I would not hesitate to do business with costco.
I did do a lot of online shopping for a flat panel LCD recently which included checking out costco and when the smoke had cleared I left money with BB.
I think with places like sams and costco there is this psycholocgical thing that if you lay out money for a membership then you feel obligated to shop there regardless.

Unfortunately, my wife passed away a couple of years ago and I have remained single. I still shop at Sam's Club a couple of times a month. There are a few things I go to the supermarket for but not many. At Sam's I get all my meat, cheese, produce, canned soups and vegetables, snacks, etc... If the packages are too big I just throw some in the freezer. As for electronics, it's always great to know that with Sam's 100% satisfaction guarantee, I can return a tv, hd dvd player, camera, etc... if it breaks down after a couple of years. $40 a year doesn't seem like much for a return policy like that.

The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out.
post #547 of 842 Old 09-18-2007, 10:45 AM

I will be buying a plasma tv here really soon and Costco is definitely one place I am looking at. What is the best way to go about purchasing through them to get the longest warranty period possible? Ive heard mention of using an AMEX card to extend the warranty out?
post #548 of 842 Old 09-18-2007, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasedontkill View Post

does anyone know if best buys warranty cover plasma burn in? i am in the market for a 50-52in tv and i kept hearing plasma is the best. i do play video games and watch alot of sports (49ers and Usc and lakers) so everyone talks about burn in. is it really that bad? looking for 1080 p aswell

No, Best Buy does not cover burn in on your plasma if it happens, they consider it customer damage if it happens. It is in there pamplet if you want to check it out. Wouldn't worry about burn in, just make sure to go by the proper break in time. I would check out the New Pioneer PDP5010 or even the PDP5080.
post #549 of 842 Old 09-25-2007, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzpb View Post

I will be buying a plasma tv here really soon and Costco is definitely one place I am looking at. What is the best way to go about purchasing through them to get the longest warranty period possible? Ive heard mention of using an AMEX card to extend the warranty out?

The AMEX will add a year onto the warranty from Costco, which is already a 2 year warranty. So you end up with a 3 year warranty for free.
post #550 of 842 Old 10-10-2007, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by s10willy View Post

The AMEX will add a year onto the warranty from Costco, which is already a 2 year warranty. So you end up with a 3 year warranty for free.

I forgot Costco took AMEX when I bought my Sony KDL-32SL130 yesterday. Is this something new? Regardless, the Costco warranty is 2 years, pretty decent.
post #551 of 842 Old 10-13-2007, 07:56 PM

Not new;they issue Costco branded AMEX cards.
post #552 of 842 Old 11-20-2007, 04:13 PM

Been lurking around for awhile and decided to register and ask my first question. Looking at getting a Sony LCD from BB or CC and taking advantage of their 0% financing.

Anyone know how good a credit you need to qualify for the 0%? My credit is in the low 600s after a few medical collections (getting them fixed as we speak).

I haven't applied for credit in a long time and not sure if my credit is completely shot or not.
post #553 of 842 Old 11-21-2007, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrilliamD View Post

Been lurking around for awhile and decided to register and ask my first question. Looking at getting a Sony LCD from BB or CC and taking advantage of their 0% financing.

Anyone know how good a credit you need to qualify for the 0%? My credit is in the low 600s after a few medical collections (getting them fixed as we speak).

I haven't applied for credit in a long time and not sure if my credit is completely shot or not.

FWIW, if you apply for a credit card at BB, watch out for the "optional" credit protection insurance feature on your account. My wife bought a Sony digital camera at Best Buy with "90 days same as cash." When the bill arrived there was a charge for the credit protection even though she didn't sign up for it. So we paid off the BB account and then closed it.
post #554 of 842 Old 11-21-2007, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasguy View Post

How many jerks on this forum abuse return policies and return a TV every 90 days and just get another one? Or whine about a TV 12 months out of warranty like it is Sams or Costcos fault.
I think there are a lot of members here I would not call "honest" people.
Sams and Costco should stop people like these from taking advantage of them.

I just returned a 46" V series set to COSTCO I bought a year ago. The price difference from what I paid originally and what the set sells for now is over $1200. I took the refund and got a 52" W series Sony LCD and still have over $900 in my pocket. Either it was way overpriced when I bought it or it is a great value now. There was no hastle and COSTCO has my ongoing business. Their return policy is great.
post #555 of 842 Old 11-21-2007, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa99 View Post

I just returned a 46" V series set to COSTCO I bought a year ago. The price difference from what I paid originally and what the set sells for now is over $1200. I took the refund and got a 52" W series Sony LCD and still have over $900 in my pocket. Either it was way overpriced when I bought it or it is a great value now. There was no hastle and COSTCO has my ongoing business. Their return policy is great.

Thought the return policy was 90 days???

Grandfathered?
post #556 of 842 Old 11-21-2007, 12:40 PM

Costco = no hassle returns for life. They have mentioned they might change it to 90 days but as of today there are no limits.
post #557 of 842 Old 11-21-2007, 12:40 PM

Costco = no hassle returns for life. They have mentioned they might change it to 90 days but as of today there are no limits.
post #558 of 842 Old 11-22-2007, 01:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Hmmm. I just joined the Costco in Danvers, Ma last week and they told me 90 days for tV's. they also gave me some literature that stated the same.
post #559 of 842 Old 11-22-2007, 01:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphis View Post

Wrong! On TV's and some other electronics, it already HAS been changed to 90 days for returns! And it has been that way for several months now.

"Costco will accept returns within 90 days from the date of purchase for the following items:
Televisions
Projectors
Computers
Cameras
Camcorders
iPod/MP3 players
Cellular phones

Costco offers FREE technical support for televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders and iPod/MP3 players purchased from Costco or costco.com, through Costco Concierge Services. Technical support for cellular phones is provided by the cell phone service provider.

Costco extends the manufacturer's warranty on Televisions and Computers to 2 years from the date of purchase. See the manufacturer's warranty for specific coverage terms."
post #560 of 842 Old 11-22-2007, 01:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz01 View Post

Thought the return policy was 90 days???

Grandfathered?

At being bought a year ago, yes the one he returned would have been "grandfathered in" under the old return policy. The new one that he bought with the returned/refunded money however, is covered under the new 90 day return policy and not the old one.
post #561 of 842 Old 11-22-2007, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Sam's Club still has returns for life on most items, including televisions.

The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out.
post #562 of 842 Old 11-22-2007, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphis View Post

Indeed the policy was changed. There is a copy of the internal COSTCO memo floating around that states different dates for different parts of the country.

The policy states - "The 90 day refund policy is effective for purchases made on or after the regional rollout date. All previous purchases are NOT subject to the new 90 day policy."

Here are the specific rollout dates for the new policy from the COSTCO memo.

All California warehouses 2/26/07
Remaining West Coast warehouses (NW, LA, SD) 3/12/07
MW and TX warehouses 3/19/07
NE warehouses 3/26/07
SE & PR warehouses 4/02/07
post #563 of 842 Old 11-22-2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye911 View Post

Sam's Club still has returns for life on most items, including televisions.

have you seen this in literature? I am looking to buy a tv very soon, and if this is the case, that is really nice piece of mind, especially with all the possible issues that exist out there with all of the tvs.
post #564 of 842 Old 11-22-2007, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer45 View Post

have you seen this in literature? I am looking to buy a tv very soon, and if this is the case, that is really nice piece of mind, especially with all the possible issues that exist out there with all of the tvs.

Yes, here it is.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=6104

Sam's Club Return / Refund Policy
At Sam's Club, Member Satisfaction is 100% guaranteed both on merchandise and Memberships. Our policy is to refund our Member’s purchases in full with a receipt and without a receipt we will refund in full with a Sam's Club Shopping Card.

The following exceptions apply:

* Computers, which can be returned within 6 months of the original purchase date, except Dell computers which can be returned within 30 days of the invoice (ship) date.
* All Dell products can be returned within 30 days of the invoice (ship) date.
* Theme park tickets, which are non-refundable.
* Shopping Cards, which can not be redeemed for cash.
* Refunds on fresh product (i.e. Meat, Bakery or Produce) will follow the Sam's Club 200% Guarantee: Double the Member’s money back OR refund of the original purchase price and replacement of the item. The 200% Guarantee applies only to paid Members with Sam's Club. It does not apply to One-Day or other pass guests. Non-Members may return fresh product for the purchase price only.
* Cigarette returns will not be accepted without prior written approval from the tobacco supplier representative.
* This policy does not change the manufacturer’s warranty on any item returned as defective, such as tires or batteries.
* Refunds on refrigerant (R-134A) will be accepted no more than 7 days from the date of purchase and then only with a receipt.

post #565 of 842 Old 11-25-2007, 12:09 AM

Any experience buying a large plasma or lcd panel from AMAZON.COM? Specifically, anybody had to RETURN something large to AMAZON? How did that work? (I'm not sure this is where to start this...and I might get slammed for bringing it up, but this forum is pretty helpful on other topics. If I blew it with placing this question here, can somebody redirect me?
post #566 of 842 Old 11-25-2007, 04:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa99 View Post

thank you for posting some of the dumbest logic I have ever seen on AVSforums. Technology goes down in price over time, that is why you paid less. The W will be a great thing to return in 4-12 months....try doing that
post #567 of 842 Old 11-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Advanced Member

Costco provides a 2-year warranty on their TVs, but most credit cards will double the mfg warranty, so you'd likely have 2 years anyway. Is there any other advantage to Costco's warranty?
post #568 of 842 Old 11-25-2007, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Has anyone bought anything from http://www.universalelectro.com/? They have uber-cheap prices but I'm not sure if they are a legit business.
post #569 of 842 Old 11-25-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus312 View Post

Costco provides a 2-year warranty on their TVs, but most credit cards will double the mfg warranty, so you'd likely have 2 years anyway. Is there any other advantage to Costco's warranty?

Your credit card should provide a third year of coverage, when buying from COSTCO.
post #570 of 842 Old 11-27-2007, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSY QUICK View Post

Your credit card should provide a third year of coverage, when buying from COSTCO.

I'm not sure about other cards, but all of the Amex Cards that offer an extended warranty state "Buyer's Assurance Plan extends the terms of the original manufacturer's warranty for a period of time equal to the duration of the original manufacturer's warranty, up to one additional year."

This would indicate that they would not extend the Costco warranty to an additional 3rd year, but just one additional year from the Manufacturer's warranty. So the Amex warranty would coincide with the Costco warranty for the second year.

Dan
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page