I'm looking for a CHEAP 32" LCD for gaming and movies - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-04-2007, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Basically I'm just looking for a cheap LCD HDTV, 32", that would be good for PS3 gaming and blue ray movies. I've been looking at those Olevia's, they have some 32 inchers for about 500-600. That's a perfect price for me, and they seem to be the best quality at that price. But I'd like some help from people more knowledgable than myself. I've never had an HDTV so I'm not sure what to look for. And keep in mind since I've been using SDTV, even the worst of HD looks amazing to me. So what sould I look for? And quite honestly I can care less about how television programs look on it, just as long as my games and movies look gorgeous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-04-2007, 10:09 PM

Welcome to the forum
IMHO you can not go wrong with the Olevia tv's they are an exceptional value. I own 2 of the 537h models. I use them in the bedrooms for HD and SD content from cable company, I use an Oppo 981 DVD player, as well as XBOX360 and a Wii and for the price of admission they are hard to beat. SD material looks better than most HDTV LCD sets I've seen. HD content looks incredible and out of the box they are calibrated nicely, plus you get a one year in home warranty. My only grip about them is switching inputs is very slow but, if you have a receiver to do the switching then your all good. My other grip is the black levels aren't the best in the world but again are much better than alot of the LCD sets I have seen at or around this price range. It's just an inherent disadvantage of LCD tv's. Hope this helps and good luck.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-05-2007, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you, it does help. My only question now is out of all the Olevia 32" models, which one is the most current and best? I've seen quite a few of them.
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page