Standout Designs picture thread - Page 12 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #331 of 334 Old 01-23-2016, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Vinyl?

I realize this is a pretty old thread now, but hoping somebody can answer and maybe share a photo.

Has anybody used the center speaker slot to hold a record player? Does that work reasonably well?

I've got a big center (Dynaudio Contour SCX) that would require an 82" to fit inside, but I don't have enough wall space for an 82" and speakers on the side. I was thinking about putting the center on top of the unit (TV is wall-mounted) and using the speaker slot for record player.

Appreciate any thoughts or feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 334 Old 01-23-2016, 10:28 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhoop View Post
Has anybody used the center speaker slot to hold a record player? Does that work reasonably well?
I haven't, but if my experience with undamped vibration in that slot with my center speaker is any indication, I probably wouldn't want to put any component in there that was at all sensitive to vibration
post #333 of 334 Old 01-30-2016, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Actually, that brings up a question. I'm a happy Standout Designs owner. Haven 72"

I'm thinking about adding a phono, and have no idea where to put it. (I have a 65" TV atop the Haven, and my left and right drawers/spaces are full).

Thanks for any advice you can lend!
post #334 of 334 Old 01-30-2016, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur_the_goose View Post
Actually, that brings up a question. I'm a happy Standout Designs owner. Haven 72"

I'm thinking about adding a phono, and have no idea where to put it. (I have a 65" TV atop the Haven, and my left and right drawers/spaces are full).
I have a Sanus NFAV230 natural cherry A/V rack right next to my Standout for that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
Playstation 3 160gb System , Salamander Designs , Sony , Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread