Mounting LCD on Pedestal Stand - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 11-02-2010, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bought a Pedestal type tv stand to hold my 32" LCD but don't have the screws to mount it. The direction said these are supposed to be supplied by the manufacture but aren't. The directions says the screws should be A=B+C+D+E
(SCREW LENGTH)A=13.5-15.5,
(INSERTION LENGTH) B=8.5-10.5,
(SPRING WASHER)C=1MM
(PLANE WASHER)D=1MM
(WALL MOUNT BRACKET)E=1MM
SCREW TYPE ISO M6 METRIC TYPE

do these come in a kit pack sold at best buy or radio shack?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-02-2010, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger666 View Post

Bought a Pedestal type tv stand to hold my 32" LCD but don't have the screws to mount it. The direction said these are supposed to be supplied by the manufacture but aren't. The directions says the screws should be A=B+C+D+E
(SPRING WASHER)C=1MM
(PLANE WASHER)D=1MM

where did you buy the TV at? I would call then and tell them the screws weren't supplied or call the manufacturer and they should be able to supply them for you. You can also go to a hardware store and probably find the right ones as it appears they have listed what you need.
post #3 of 15 Old 11-05-2010, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Well called Hitachi and they said the screws are not included by them they should be by the stand manufacture which said they should be by the TV maker, i bought the tv stand at big lots. I tried Lowes but they didn’t know anything and there are so many different types of screws so which one? Where do I get ISO M6 13.5 - 15.5 mm screws, spring washer 1mm, flat washer 1mm.
post #4 of 15 Old 11-05-2010, 05:50 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:

(SPRING WASHER)C=1MM
(PLANE WASHER)D=1MM

The TV makers only supply screws for their own table stand - they never ever include screws for use with aftermarket mounts or stands. Never.

Aftermarket TV mounts and stands always come with their own mounting screws. They usually include several different sizes and lengths to facilitate a wide range of TV brands and models. It sounds like whatever stand bought was missing the package of screws.

Do you have a link(s) to the exact pedestal stand you bought so we can have a look at it?

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #5 of 15 Old 11-05-2010, 05:56 PM

You can find them at the home despot hardware aisle...m6 is just a reference to the metric screw size six...they're marked by that size on the outside of the box there. Just find the corresponding grip and total screw length you need...remember your conversions: 2.54cm=25.4mm=1inch

The high number is screw length, subtract lower number to get grip length

The" spring" washer they refer to is a standard lock washer.
post #6 of 15 Old 11-06-2010, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

The TV makers only supply screws for their own table stand - they never ever include screws for use with aftermarket mounts or stands. Never.

Aftermarket TV mounts and stands always come with their own mounting screws. They usually include several different sizes and lengths to facilitate a wide range of TV brands and models. It sounds like whatever stand bought was missing the package of screws.

Do you have a link(s) to the exact pedestal stand you bought so we can have a look at it?

It says in the instruction manual for the tv stand "screws provided by flat panel manufacturer" I guess neither wants the responsibility for wrong screws.

44" Swivel TV Stand SKU: 610010119

http://www.biglots.com/Furniture/ite...id=43&iid=9084
post #7 of 15 Old 11-06-2010, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernninja View Post

You can find them at the home despot hardware aisle...m6 is just a reference to the metric screw size six...they're marked by that size on the outside of the box there. Just find the corresponding grip and total screw length you need...remember your conversions: 2.54cm=25.4mm=1inch

The high number is screw length, subtract lower number to get grip length

The" spring" washer they refer to is a standard lock washer.

Lock washer is the one with a slit in them or saw teeth on the outside. When i searched the internet they said spring washer was either a rubber/spring thing or a bent washer that pushes inward and outward to lock screw from losing up i guess and is a car part. corresponding grip? not sure what you mean by this
post #8 of 15 Old 11-06-2010, 06:00 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
It says in the instruction manual for the tv stand "screws provided by flat panel manufacturer". I guess neither wants the responsibility for wrong screws.
Either that, or the TV stand manufacturer is trying to save money by not including a selection of screws.

I presume that the TV stand at least has a mounting bracket that bolts to the back of the TV, and that you need four screws. The TV probably has a standard VESA mounting pattern on the back. If you want to keep the stand, i'd recommend figuring out what the thread size is in your TV's four rear mounting holes. It could be something like 4mm or 6mm or 8mm. Then you have to determine the depth of the threaded inserts in the back of your TV so make sure the screws you buy are not too long (where they'll punch through into the back of the TV) or not too short (where there wont be enough threads engaged to properly support the TV). If you're not sure of the thread size, then maybe just buy four of each at the correct length to cover all your bases. They're cheap.

You can use regular flat washers - no real need for dished washers since once you mount the TV it won't be moving around or anything. You don't have to crank the screws down real tight, i always just snug them down firmly so as not to damage the TV.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

Gallery -
post #9 of 15 Old 11-07-2010, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

This is what Hitichia wants,
(SPRING WASHER)C=1MM
(PLANE WASHER)D=1MM

and this is what i got at Home depot, guy said they don't have 15.5mm screws.
(SCREW LENGTH) 6mm 16mm Hex Head
(PLANE WASHER) 6mm 1mm thick
(lockwasher)` 6mm 1mm thick
(Bracket Thickness) 4mm
only problem is the bottom bracket is 4 slip hole slots and it's to wide for the lock/plane washer so i'll need a wider one. I was looking into the air slots on the TV and it has much more room for longer screws before they would hit a circuit board or screen itself.
post #10 of 15 Old 11-11-2010, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

i'm having trouble finding a washer that fits a 6mm screw and that is wider than 1 centimeter and has a washer hole small enough to hold a 6mm lock washer. the slip hole in the bracket is 1 centimeter wide and the whole space inbetween the bracket is 3.5 centimeters wide. just tried a 7mm washer but way to small, any ideas??
post #11 of 15 Old 11-11-2010, 05:08 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

(SPRING WASHER)C=1MM
(PLANE WASHER)D=1MM

What happened to the stand that came with your Hitachi?
post #12 of 15 Old 11-12-2010, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbyrne View Post

What happened to the stand that came with your Hitachi?

I been using it but it's a table stand and we changed the decor of my room, a pedestal type TV stand is what I wanted. I found 1/4" zinc flat washers that fit in the bracket housing while still having a small enough hole that the screw and washers don't fall through. Bought m6 20mm screws to make up for the extra washer I’ll need and seam to work on the bottom bracket holes. The screws for the stand would be way to short for the mounting bracket as well the hangers ones they included on the set for using picture wire.
post #13 of 15 Old 11-12-2010, 11:27 AM

Liked: 13
So did you get it attatched to the pedestal?
post #14 of 15 Old 11-12-2010, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The pedestal has a flat panel in the middle of the rectangle bars the TV hangs on that it pivots on and it's 7 and 6/16 inches wide while the brackets on the back of the TV are spaced 6 11/16 inches apart, THEY ARE TO CLOSE FOR THE TV TO HANG ON THE PEDESTAL!!!
post #15 of 15 Old 01-09-2013, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 743
*BUMP*. Something's not being stressed enough here, and I have a couple *important* caveats regarding metric screws for anyone reading this thread (pun intended).

FIRST
The M6 (metric 6mm as discussed) is just shy of a 1/4" thread. Don't even think about trying it. Please be careful not to goof that up. You could cross thread the receiving threads terribly.

SECOND
*ALL* screws and bolts and things with threads have a thread-PITCH associated with them. In most cases, the M6's are only used with a 1mm pitch, but be careful here as well. Since your specification only specifies the M6, you're probably ok, but when you buy the screws at the hardware store, test them all the way with finger tightening. Start always by counter-turning (counter-clockwise) with light pressure until you feel/hear the >click< of the thread start falling into place, and THEN tighten the normal way (clockwise). If you must use force, use your judgement, but do not go overboard and cross thread the thing. You'll have a mess and probably have to carefully re-tap it, and man, I don't want to try that with a FP TV.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_metric_screw_thread#Designation

Grow milkweed. The Monarch Butterfly requires it, and its numbers are dwindling fast.
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page