Samsung LED UN55C7000 HDMI port 3 not working ???? HELP!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-20-2011, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Samsung UN55C7000 purchased at Future shop brand new. Have been using it for about a week now and I notice HDMI port 3 does not work.
I have a Bell Expresvu HD receiver connected via HDMI cable to HDMI port 2 on the TV and picture and audio works flawlessly. I also have a Sonicview 8000 HD free to air receiver connected via HDMI to HDMI port 4 on the TV, audio and picture works flawlessly.
I tested both receivers on HDMI 1,2,4 on the TV and both receivers audio and picture works flawlessly on those HDMI ports.. When I connect the Sonicview 8000 to HDMI port 3 I get no signal. When I connect the Bell Expresvu receiver to HDMI 3 I get no audio but I get picture however the picture has a lot of static and red faint streaks/lines that flash consistently right across the screen and if you look up closely you see a lot red static in behind the picture... I tried to turn the TV off unplugged every cable from the TV let is sit for 30 min. plugged it all back in, problem still there. I tried the reset on the remote hold down the "exit" button on the remote to reset the TV, problem still there. I updated the firm ware on the TV when I first go it, firmware is up to date. HDMI cables I believe are 1.3 however it does not say 1.3 on them, purchased them about 4-5 years ago though. I did a test, I have a new 50' HDMI 1.4 cable that I just purchased for another project some where else. I connected one end of the 50' HDMI 1.4 cable to the Bell Expresvu receiver and the other end to HDMI 3 port on the TV and WORKS perfectly ! Audio and picture is perfect !
My other HDMI cables on the receivers work perfectly on HDMI ports 1,2,4 so that tells me the cables are fine.. but do not work on HDMI port3.. so that tells me it's a problem with the TV.. but when I use the HDMI 4.1 cable.. port 3 works perfectly ! ?????? I am so confused.! Is it a problem with the TV? Problem with the HDMI port 3? or a problem with my HDMI cables? Does not add up. I don't know what to do. Any one have any ideas, highly appreciate it. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-21-2011, 09:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Get a couple of 10-12 HDMI high speed cables from

http://www.monoprice.com/home/index....onoPrice%2BAVS

to replace a couple of your old cables and use one for HDMI port 3

HDMI 1.4 labels are no longer legal for cables see:

http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/tra..._logo_pub.aspx
post #3 of 3 Old 04-22-2011, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Last night I was watching my sv8000 receiver on HDMI 4. Turned off the tv and receiver. This morning my wife turns on the TV for the kids to watch their cartoons on the Bell receiver on HDMI 2, she toggled through all the HDMI ports on the TV and each had a staticy picture on the TV. She put it to HDMI 2 all static picture. She turned off the TV, waited a bit then turned the TV back on and the Picture finally came on.
Some thing does not sound right with this TV ???! I think I may have a lemon and need to return it. Should I be having these kinds of issues after paying $2,000 for a TV ??
FCK you Samsung ! I Should of bought a Sony..! Been a Sony man all my life, had 5 generation of Sony TV's ! This time all my friends convinced me to by a Samsung.. so I broke my Sony rein and tried a Samsung this time..... what a mistake, I was pre warned from a tech guy that I saw on a job site a few months ago, he told me the worst tv for them is Samsungs they get constant call backs and have nothing but service calls to fix Samsung tvs. "people go to the stores and always buy the tv with the nicest looking picture and don't look at the quality of the tv build" that was his exact words he told me.. He goes do you know what is still the best TV today is? My dad was standing nexct to me being a Sony man all his life to, says SONY.. The tech guy goes, "YOUR BANG ON! All the Sony TVs we install we have yet to have a call back or service call"
his exact words he told me. So what did I go do...? I go and bought my first Samsung tv of my life... first week of owning it look at all these problems I'm having! Should of listened to that Tec guy I meet on the job site ! If I'd bought a Sony you think I be here this morning typing this ! I'd be in front of my Sony watching cartoons with my kids and drinking coffee on this Good Friday holliday!! once again FCKKKKK YOOOOUUUU SAMSUNG!!!!!
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
Samsung Un55c7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page