Samsung UN55D6400 vs. Panasonic 55 GT30 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Which would you buy for the same money?
Samsung UN55D6400 0 0%
Panasonic 55" GT30 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-09-2011, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Definitely want a ~55inch TV. Going to buy it online. Went to look at the side by side, and though I went in wanting the plasma, it was like a no brainer that the Samsung was a much better TV for build quality.

Agreed that the Panasonic gives more accurate and subtle color, but 2 major problems held me back.

The GT30 definitely flickers - much like many DLPs and CRTs do. Doesn't happen on the LEDs.

The GT30 has poor jumpiness on panning. I dislike most LED smoothing technologies, but it's like the GT30 was jumping more than the normal picture.

Call me crazy.

Which would you buy? (Note I'm actually comparing TVs that are similar price)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2011, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezings View Post
Definitely want a ~55inch TV. Going to buy it online. Went to look at the side by side, and though I went in wanting the plasma, it was like a no brainer that the Samsung was a much better TV for build quality.

Agreed that the Panasonic gives more accurate and subtle color, but 2 major problems held me back.

The GT30 definitely flickers - much like many DLPs and CRTs do. Doesn't happen on the LEDs.

The GT30 has poor jumpiness on panning. I dislike most LED smoothing technologies, but it's like the GT30 was jumping more than the normal picture.

Call me crazy.

Which would you buy? (Note I'm actually comparing TVs that are similar price)
Go with what you feel is the best in your situation, but some advice I would give you is not to buy a TV until you have had a chance to put the controller in your hand of the sets you are interested in and make some adjustments and to also try and view them in a couple different stores and settings. Then make your decision.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:12 PM

Well, I've had the Samsung UN55D6400 for a few weeks now and it's been nothing shy of fabulous. Great great picture and no complaints at all. I'm contemplating the 46 in Samsung now for a another location.

Good luck,

Dale
Old 05-12-2011, 05:41 PM

What is the difference between Samsung PN UN and LN?
Old 06-06-2011, 10:10 PM

I just got my 65 inch panasonic GT30 and am finding the picture quality quite exceptional with a few adjustments. I am not experiencing any flicker or jumpy panning as described. I also recently purchased a 4000 model samsung led for another room and the picture on it is quite good I still prefer the way a plasma picture looks over the way and lcd picture looks though I have to admit the new led's are looking much better than past lcd's
Old 06-10-2011, 09:26 PM

need 1 more now

Tags
Samsung Un55d6400 55 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Un55d6400 by PriceGrabber.com