Hi peeps, REALLY need help please :( - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-25-2011, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys, i have a Sharp Aquos LC-37XD1E lcd. I love the tv as i have had it since they came out. however, after my tv has been in storage for a year or two and the digital switchover etc, my tv no longer gets bbc or any hd channels i've retuned and even had a new aerial fitted but still get no bbc channels or hd. i've tried looking about on the internet but cant find any support anywhere. please can any of you guys help. greatfully thankful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-25-2011, 06:21 AM

Your British TV has a "Freeview" tuner. Suggest you explore that aspect of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsp01 View Post

Hi Guys, i have a Sharp Aquos LC-37XD1E lcd. I love the tv as i have had it since they came out. however, after my tv has been in storage for a year or two and the digital switchover etc, my tv no longer gets bbc or any hd channels i've retuned and even had a new aerial fitted but still get no bbc channels or hd. i've tried looking about on the internet but cant find any support anywhere. please can any of you guys help. greatfully thankful.

post #3 of 5 Old 10-25-2011, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 19
That doesn't sound right. Freeview wasn't launched in HD in the UK until 2009. It is not very likely that the internal tuner of your TV supports anything but Freeview in SD.

Apart from reception problems, it is also possible the electronics of the internal tuner in your TV have died.

Have you thought of buying a Freeview HD+ receiver/PVR unit and an HDMI cable?

Quote:

and even had a new aerial fitted

Did the person who installed the aerial not try it with the TV?
post #4 of 5 Old 10-25-2011, 06:26 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsp01 View Post

Since this is a U.S. based forum we're not going to be of much help with a British TV.

However, there is an excellent U.K. based LCD forum (linked below) - surely someone there will be able to help you out:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/

Cheers

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #5 of 5 Old 12-23-2012, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all your replies, as mentioned, it turns out it handles HD but the tuner is SD frown.gif also SHARP sent me a card to put into the t.v and upgraded the software. thanks guys. smile.gif
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page