Need Recommend.s for a 60" LCD, LED, or Plasma TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-26-2012, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know that TV offerings from the multitude of vendors changes almost weekly, so some of you may understand my confusion.

I am in the market for a new 60" HDTV that has a product width less than 58" (maybe 57").

I was thinking probably the Sony KDL-60NX720, the Samsung UN60D8000Y or UN60D7000V, or the Sharp Aquos LC60LE835U, although I am not stuck on any particular model or type (LED, LCD, Plasma).

I currently have a Pioneer Elite PRO-1140HD 50" and have no problems going the Plasma route again, although I have been annoyed a couple of times by the heat emitted by the TV. And I say this because I keep reading comments from people that claim better image quality on the plasmas (correct me here if i am wrong).

As far as my needs are concerned, I don't really care if the TV has 3D or is a Smart TV (I have a Mac Mini connected to my system as a HTPC which satisfies the majority of those needs), but I am intrigued by both technologies. I do prefer the TV to be 240 Hz because i watch a lot of sports and action movies. The TV also has a PS3 and a XBOX 360 connected to it.

Does anyone have a recommendation for me? I know that there are a lot of sales going on now because of the Super Bowl so maybe I can take advantage of some sales depending on the model.

Thanks to all,
Cesar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-26-2012, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Unless your looking at the new sharp elite you wont match the plasma. I too am looking at new displays right now and its down to a sammy 8000, or a sharp...take my advice and dont put too much time into, some research is fine but you can flat wear yourself out

xbox live GT: xXmaximus prime
PSN: maximus_rr
I have to go, I have a meeting with the bobs, uhhh I wasnt aware of any meeting......yeah they called me at home
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page