post #361 of 366 Old 05-31-2012, 04:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffX View Post

Maybe I'm not expressing myself properly... the black bar next to the green bar in the luminance chart is way off (more than what I've seen in other reports, e.g., HDTVtest.co.uk review, and avforum review). Is that still ok (please note I'm a newbe on this stuff)?

It is not way off. It is just higher than normal. It is higher than where it should be because the luminance controls do not work. Keep in mind that no one can visually see that small of a luminance error compared to perfect.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 366 Old 05-31-2012, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

It is not way off. It is just higher than normal. It is higher than where it should be because the luminance controls do not work. Keep in mind that no one can visually see that small of a luminance error compared to perfect.

Got it. Thanks D-Nice!

Panasonic plasma, 'nuff said.
post #363 of 366 Old 06-01-2012, 10:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Spiffx,

Please get your facts straight before making posts like this. I directed the "political" statement towards avforums and their reveiwer NOT David who is from HDTVTest. EU VT50s are not NA VT50s. EU VT50 do not have issues with their color luminance controls. NA VT50 do. Again, the NA VT50's green luminance has a dE1994 of 1.2 which is imperceivable to human eye. It is quite irrelevant as the colors the NA VT50 can produce are reference.

Quote:

David Mackenzie achieved a closer post-calibration color luminance result on the green (with the same controls) as published in his review... I find it quite funny how you inquisitioned him about being "political" over his black level report, yet Robert praised him quoting you during the shootout opening as the best reviewer in Europe. Tough love I guess. Great to see the community keeps itself in check at all times. Awesome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #364 of 366 Old 06-01-2012, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Spiffx,

Please get your facts straight before making posts like this. I directed the "political" statement towards avforums and their reveiwer NOT David who is from HDTVTest. EU VT50s are not NA VT50s. EU VT50 do not have issues with their color luminance controls. NA VT50 do. Again, the NA VT50's green luminance has a dE1994 of 1.2 which is imperceivable to human eye. It is quite irrelevant as the colors the NA VT50 can produce are reference.

My most sincere apologies D-Nice. Realized as I was driving to lunch that I got all mixed up. Wanted to rectify this asap. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make this right.

Panasonic plasma, 'nuff said.
post #365 of 366 Old 06-01-2012, 11:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

You made a mistake, acknowledged it and corrected it. Nothing more is needed.

Quote:

My most sincere apologies D-Wayne. Realized as I was driving to lunch that I got all mixed up. Wanted to rectify this asap. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make this right.

post #366 of 366 Old 06-04-2012, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam88 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post

By all reports, the ST50 stacks up very well against the more expensive Panny plasmas. We'll never know where exactly it would have come in since it wasn't in the competition. D-Nice may be able to give you some idea.

Since D-Nice has not taken the bait on a couple of occasions, those interested in this topic may want to look for the upcoming review of the VT50 on CNET's website. They give a thorough review with most measurements and calibration reports; the ST50 review is already there.

If anybody is still following this thread, CNET's David Katzmaier has just published the review for the Panasonic TC-P65VT50. So those of you wondering how well the ST50 stacks up to the VT50, can now compare the two reviews performed with the same methodology and with the same test equipment.
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page