Scratched BDI stand - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-18-2012, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 248
I bought a 8429 BDI stand about a month ago and i noticed little scratches along the back, and what looked like someone took a marker and scribbled on the roof of the bottom compartment. I contacted BDI and sent them pics of these scratches, chips and the mark on the bottom shelf. The customer service guy reviewed the pics and said they will ship me a new stand. I asked how did this happen and that it must be used, he says BDI doesn't sell used stands and they have only a 1% defect. He promised the replacement would be damage free.

Here is where it gets crazy. I received the replacement stand last week and the stand still had scratches and chips. Now let me make clear that these scratches are small and can only be seen up close. But thats really the point, i paid for a new stand, it should be scratch free. So i sent BDI pics again and i mentioned i don't want a new stand this time, i want my money back. It's too much hassle having to remove one stand and bring in another. And im not ever sure if what im getting is new and has no scratches.

He mentions the stand was checked thoroughly and there's no way the stand came like that and they don't do re funds of stands. So now i guess he's calling me a liar. Wow. I get a call from abt electronics where i purchased the stand. He called them about this problem which i don't understand why, they order the stand from BDI to be shipped to whoever buys it. Whatever happened to the stand happed at the factory or it's a used stand. Maby even re packaged.

Now abt is offering me $200 to keep the stand. I could try another replacement, but i don't want to go through that again. BDI is giving me no compensation or anything for receiving 2 damage stands in a row. I don't know what to do. Take the money from abt? Try another stand? Or take this matter further with BDI?????

home theater addict
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-26-2012, 06:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm Dave Jacobs, and I'm BDI's Customer Relations Manager. I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment with your purchase.

All of us at BDI take pride in providing high-quality, highly functional furniture, and we strive to make and keep our customers happy. Please contact me directly if you would like to review this further: 1-800-428-2881 x120.

Thank you.
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page