Pixel Jogger Break-in Improves PQ Plasma/LCD/LED TV... FOR DIY USERS ONLY! w/ disclaimer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
Closed Thread

post #1 of 46 Old 04-21-2012, 03:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Ok, STOP using those useless break-in slides/stills, its actually damage the pixels (plasma). It break-in the pixels in uneven way and possible causing uneven screen color IR etc. [Plasma Tv & Break-In Slides.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJjR1OjOlmgt

Pixel Jogger Breakin Improves PQ Plasma/LCD/LED TV...the only CORRECT way!

Warning: May cause seizure!

By simply displaying alternate Black and White screens in 30fps (= max NTSC screen 60Hz refresh rate), the PLASMA/LCD/LED pixels gets the CORRECT even/proper/intensive break-in/warm-up! All RGB Pixels will simply switches ON/OFF in 60Hz, this will jog/warm-up the pixels to switch faster and even.

Try it yourself, let the video play a few hours (see post #19) and see it yourself, you will notice it directly!

PictureQuality comes to Life in your face! Testproof it yourself now!. (and also see the real differences between properly break-in/warmed-up PLASMA/LCD/LED displays)
AMAZING overall (3D like) PictureQuality improvements in:
1) Higher Contrast/Deeper Black Level.
2) Higher Details Resolution.
3) Vibrant lifelike Colors (if your WhiteBalance is properly calibrated).
4) Faster/smoother movements etc..

Samples on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S-zDy9-_Lg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOfEwdDhjo0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvlF6NY2CIw

Pixel Jogger Breakin Improve your Plasma/LCD/LED TV...the only way!
Download mp4's:

a) Pixel Jogger.mp4 - 352 KB
http://www.mediafire.com/?hq5rv78qu1d9dhd

b) Pixel Jogger plus PinkNoise.mp4 - 2 MB
http://www.mediafire.com/?3i79g9u6rop4zd1

c) WhitescreenIR.mp4 - 1 MB
http://www.mediafire.com/?evee88qfnxarphi

Purpose: general pixel break-in/optimizer, IR washer/pixel resetter, image burnin/screen uniformity preventer/eraser etc.
Description:
a) Pixel Jogger.mp4 flashes alternate 0% Black/100% White screens to switch the RGB pixels on/off in max. NTSC 30fps (frames per second) display mode.

This will warmup/cooling each pixel in the display properly/intensively.
-main use: general pixel break-in/optimizer, possible fix/revive stuck/dead pixels and related issues. (experiment which is best)
-maintenance run weekly/monthy or at will to keep the display at optimal performance.

b) Same as a) plus audio pink noise for break-in the audio speakers/circuits for better soundquality.

Purpose: whitescreen IR washer/eraser plus pink noise audio optimizer.
c) WhitescreenIR.mp4 displays 100% solid white screen to erase any IR effects, run many hours, often check if IR is erased, else continue or Pixel Jogger.

Some users have good results after 60+ hrs to 75+ hrs running Whitescreen continuously.

Ok, share/spread your experience and results with us/others here/there etc.

Disclaimer: Do this at your Own Risk, I'm no responsible for any consequences! Except the PQ improvements!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 04-21-2012, 06:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Will give this a look to see how works.....But if anything happens to my tv....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-pHc811Ym8

Samsung 60F8500
Panasonic 55GT30
Panasonic BDT310
PS3 (PS4 coming soon)
Sony STR-DG1000 AVR
Mirage Omnisat V2 7.1 set up with Energy S10 Sub
post #3 of 46 Old 04-21-2012, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis View Post

Will give this a look to see how works.....But if anything happens to my tv....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-pHc811Ym8

Don't worry, it will improve PQ, I was amazed myself about the difference to the high quality jump!

Lets us know your results! Thanks!
post #4 of 46 Old 04-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
I havent looked at the slides, but from your description that it alternates white and black, im wondering if this is less effective due to brightness limitations (ABL) on plasmas. I want to say D-Nices slides alternate colors, but again i havent used these either. The benefit of a single color being displayed at a time is that they can show at maximum brightness since i dont think ABL kicks in given 1/3 the amount of energy is needed to be used vs white.

post #5 of 46 Old 08-11-2012, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter

Bump.

If you want to improve / warmup / uniformity / break-in / IR-burnin preventer etc. just play this video before/between and after using your display to keep it in optimum condition!
post #6 of 46 Old 08-11-2012, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Is this for real?

home theater addict
post #7 of 46 Old 08-12-2012, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Seems like a scam but no money involved.

Matt
post #8 of 46 Old 08-12-2012, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 358
another way to accomplish this is to watch the Olympics in HD today, making sure the picture fills the entire screen and the contrast/ brightness are not set too high
post #9 of 46 Old 11-20-2012, 12:14 PM

Is it supposed to look like a flickering black screen while its playing? at first while the menu is up it looks white, but then when the menu goes away it turns to looking like blinking black screen. This is playing it from a USB HDD connected to the TV. Even doing it from my computer through hdmi using windows media play does the same thing, while the status bar is up it is blinking white, but when it auto hides it looks like a blinking black screen. But on my lcd monitor it looks like a blinking white screen the whole time. Lg Plasma 50PA5500.
post #10 of 46 Old 11-21-2012, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonhern View Post

Is it supposed to look like a flickering black screen while its playing? at first while the menu is up it looks white, but then when the menu goes away it turns to looking like blinking black screen. This is playing it from a USB HDD connected to the TV. Even doing it from my computer through hdmi using windows media play does the same thing, while the status bar is up it is blinking white, but when it auto hides it looks like a blinking black screen. But on my lcd monitor it looks like a blinking white screen the whole time. Lg Plasma 50PA5500.

Yes, all correct and normal.
The OSD (OnScreenDisplay) menu computergraphics interfere with the background images will cause sync interference, when OSD graphics overlay with 60 fps on the pixel jogger 30 fps.
Because the Plasma pixels has very fast response time, so it can display the alternated white and black screens properly, so you can actually see the white/black flickers fast as flickering gray screen.
LCD pixels are slow in response time thus you see more white because LCD pixels can't keep up with the on/off pixel speed as white can't switch off quick enough, that's the LCD blurring comes from.
post #11 of 46 Old 11-21-2012, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBrad View Post

Bump.
If you want to improve / warmup / uniformity / break-in / IR-burnin preventer etc. just play this video before/between and after using your display to keep it in optimum condition!

Seems to me that any display that requires you to do this isn't worth a damn and can ultimately damage the display with repeated use over time.
StinDaWg likes this.
post #12 of 46 Old 11-21-2012, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

Seems to me that any display that requires you to do this isn't worth a damn and can ultimately damage the display with repeated use over time.

These improvements methods are meant for the DIY AVScience users, who wants to learn, experiment and improve their electronics themselves.
Normal consumers should stay away and keep the service support, service repair/return factory flow intact.

I did break-in my new S30 with pixel jogger 10days 24/7 continuously without problems, it is now 18 months old and is still perfect without any problems.
With now 3000+ hrs usage, tv is already settled down with improved stable picture performance after DIY calibration. Buzzing went down at least 50%, less plasma flickering, more even screen uniformity, overall superb PQ.
I play regularly 8+ hrs PC/PS3 videogames sessions without any IR or any other problems, because of taken preventing procedures.

Again this thread is meant for the DIY users, for others: move along, nothing to see here!
post #13 of 46 Old 11-21-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:

These improvements methods are meant for the DIY AVScience users, who wants to learn, experiment and improve their electronics themselves.
Normal consumers should stay away and keep the service support, service repair/return factory flow intact.
I did break-in my new S30 with pixel jogger 10days 24/7 continuously without problems, it is now 18 months old and is still perfect without any problems.
With now 3000+ hrs usage, tv is already settled down with improved stable picture performance after DIY calibration. Buzzing went down at least 50%, less plasma flickering, more even screen uniformity, overall superb PQ.
I play regularly 8+ hrs PC/PS3 videogames sessions without any IR or any other problems, because of taken preventing procedures.
Again this thread is meant for the DIY users, for others: move along, nothing to see here!

Just got my plasma and I have noticed already this working with less ir. I was getting a lot of it out of the box, after playing madden, the score box left a stubborn ir image, ran the color wash my tv has but it did not go away, so i ran the white ir video above, it took awhile but it went away. Then i ran the pixel jogger for about 3 hours yesterday in increments throughout the day. Today, playing another game of madden for the same amount of time, there was almost no ir, just something at the bottom that i think was a logo from a tv station. And just a minute on the color wash setting of the tv and it disappeared. anyway, thanks for this tool.
post #14 of 46 Old 11-21-2012, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

@Jonhern, Thanks for your feedback.
Enjoy your Plasma TV!
post #15 of 46 Old 11-21-2012, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Are these the same DIY users that believe accessing the Service Menu for tweaking or enabling features that aren't normally available on their model is a good idea? Just saying that it's unfortunate that some tv's require this extra care and feeding to improve the pq when you shouldn't have to do that considering the state of technology today.
post #16 of 46 Old 11-21-2012, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

Are these the same DIY users that believe accessing the Service Menu for tweaking or enabling features that aren't normally available on their model is a good idea? Just saying that it's unfortunate that some tv's require this extra care and feeding to improve the pq when you shouldn't have to do that considering the state of technology today.

Yes, correct, they do go into SM for tweaking, because DIY users = tweakers.
I read a Display Calibration thread today, that someone paid a professional ISF calibrator 975 USD to calibrate his 3 TV's, ends up he wasn't satisfied with it. So he re-calibrate it all by himself and be satisfied.
So why spend more money and not satisfied, when you can fix it yourself cheaper and be satisfied!
Sure, if you have enough money to burn, you'll not bother DIY.
post #17 of 46 Old 11-21-2012, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes, correct, they do go into SM for tweaking, because DIY users = tweakers.

I think you've missed the point but that's ok.
post #18 of 46 Old 11-23-2012, 09:02 PM

Looks good but just wondering how long you should run this for?
post #19 of 46 Old 11-24-2012, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnorman2 View Post

Looks good but just wondering how long you should run this for?

Hi, if your tv is new or still in the return periode, do it at least 24+hrs till 5+days, so you can age it, testproof any electronics failures and ensure its longevity directly.

If it's an already aged tv by normal viewing, do it 8+hrs till you can't notice any improvements.

Later on only few minutes for warming up/intermittent breaks/cooling down as normal routine, when using the tv, to keep it in max. performance/condition.

Enjoy!

post #20 of 46 Old 11-30-2012, 02:35 AM

Liked: 11
The IR tool aka Scrolling Bar does the same thing, 1's and 0's, light em up and turn em off ..
post #21 of 46 Old 12-01-2012, 09:13 PM

I downloaded the Pixel Jogger plus PinkNoise.mp4 - 2 MB to break in my Panny UT50.
I saved to thumb drive then put it USB on TV. It runs in a loop - repeating every minute. Each time it loops a banner appears across with the name and time of the file. Won't this defeat the clearing process if that header comes up for 4 seconds every minute? Thanks for any advice on this.
post #22 of 46 Old 12-01-2012, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thdimension View Post

The IR tool aka Scrolling Bar does the same thing, 1's and 0's, light em up and turn em off ..

The problem with that it's scrolling leaving almost the whole screen blank/inactive, so it's oneven pixel activation and thus not efficient!
post #23 of 46 Old 12-01-2012, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmye View Post

I downloaded the Pixel Jogger plus PinkNoise.mp4 - 2 MB to break in my Panny UT50.
I saved to thumb drive then put it USB on TV. It runs in a loop - repeating every minute. Each time it loops a banner appears across with the name and time of the file. Won't this defeat the clearing process if that header comes up for 4 seconds every minute? Thanks for any advice on this.

Hi, there should be an option in the MENU settings!
Main Menu/Setup/Display Settings/Banner Display Timeout=0 (No display)
An adjustable Display bar time (OSD) setting, set it to 0 sec.
Enjoy!
post #24 of 46 Old 12-02-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:

Hi, there should be an option in the MENU settings!
Main Menu/Setup/Display Settings/Banner Display Timeout=0 (No display)
An adjustable Display bar time (OSD) setting, set it to 0 sec.
Enjoy!

Many thanks iBrad!
post #25 of 46 Old 12-02-2012, 09:28 PM

Didn't work. Apparently the UT50 lacks the picture controls that take you from the Main Menu/Setup to the sub menus you reference like "Display Settings." Am I missing something?
post #26 of 46 Old 12-02-2012, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Hi, I read through the UT50 manual.
On your remote controller:
press [INFO] button will Display/hide Guide and Banner, other options etc.
press [OPTION] to set Repeat playback On/Off etc.

BTW. few secs banners won't affect much, intermittently you can just watch the tv, if there is actual changes in PQ/IR/screen uniformity performance etc.
If there isn't any display timeout x secs setting under the [INFO] or [OPTION], then maybe it's somewhere hidden in the main menu or doesn't exist on U50. (try [MENU] Menu>Setup>Advanced setup>VIERA Connect Banner Off/On, if this also affect the main info banners)

Just go through the main [MENU] and [VIERA TOOLS] (eHelp) and brows/view/learn about each options/settings available, step by step.

Enjoy!
post #27 of 46 Old 12-04-2012, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Does this really help LCDs?

Monster Gold Plated Optical Cables:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awesome user review: "Unreal quality. Sounded like I upgraded my speakers." :D
post #28 of 46 Old 12-04-2012, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devedander View Post

Does this really help LCDs?

Yes, it affect LCD even better as LCD crystals is actual physical moving to block the backlight in gradients, so by jogging these pixel crystals full on/off= block/unblock the backlight.
They will be more acurate loosen up later on, but will need regular pixel jogging to keep the best performance.

Try it yourself, if you can see the difference, leave it play 1+ hour continuously Full screen. (you can use that free mpc/media player classic for windows PC, use google for dl.).
post #29 of 46 Old 12-05-2012, 11:39 PM

Do I need to make the contrast low or high when I do this?
post #30 of 46 Old 12-06-2012, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlinegts85 View Post

Do I need to make the contrast low or high when I do this?

Hi, Contrast High and Brightness Low.
High contrast because to warm up the pixel and low brightness to cool down the pixel.
It doesn't matter whether your tv is new or old, it will always work.

More hours and regular PJ used, is more steady PQ improvement.
If later on you can't see any PQ improvement, means the display has reach it saturation point.
Enjoy!
Closed Thread OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page