Plasma TV and wall mount upgrade Questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-26-2012, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Need to replace an almost new Vizio XVT3D424 LCD due to lightning hitting my gutter during a recent storm. eek.gif I've been looking at Panasonic 50" TC-50PU54 and Samsung 59" PN59D530. I've read great things about the Panasonic, but the Samsung is 59"...any suggestions?

Also, the wall mount that I'm using for the Vizio was installed a few years ago to hold a Sylvania 6842PE EDTV (remember those?) that weighed 94lbs. It's a solid Mustang mount (looks to be about 29" long). Can I use the same mount for one of these new TV's? The 59" plasma weighs 78lbs, but is about 13" wider and 4" taller. Does the TV size matter or just the weight?

I'd rather not have to replace the mount.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-05-2012, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 64
It has to do with weight and mounting bolt pattern size. So the weight thing is ok. How about the bolt pattern, do the mount holes line up to the tv's pattern? Go to the sammy's support site and download the operators manual, usually the mount hole specs are in there.

Normally I'd suggest a panny but 9" different for the same price. They say tv's shrink like cotton so you may want to get the bigger one. Maybe get a square trade warranty if you are concerned with longevity.
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
Plasma Hdtv , Vizio Xvt3d424sv 42 Inch Full Hd 3d Edge Lit Razor Led With Smart Dimming Lcd Hdtv 480 Hz Sps With V , Sylvania , Mustang , Wall Mount
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page