Old 07-17-2012, 08:25 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toby1015 View Post

David. Why is it every time you post it has something to do with some plasma hockey issue? This fella has made no mention of being a hockey fan as far as i'm aware of. This guy seems more concerned about how movies look. Even if you're a hockey fan, the seasons only 5 months or so. That means the majority of the time you're going to be watching something else! On top of it, the issue you speak of seem pretty minor considering you're the only person who brings it up. Every freakin plasma vs lcd thread heres David, "if you watch hockey look out for plasma". Can't you find some info thats a little more useful?

David_B has been on an anti-Panasonic Plasma crusade for several years on various forums and is constantly trying to turn people away from Panasonic Plasmas in just about every thread he posts in, so don't expect any objectivity or fairness in any of his posts.

He conveniently leaves out the fact that during the Hockey Flash hysteria a few months ago, several of us checked our other TVs and lots of us also saw the same hockey flashes on our various LCD TVs and LED LCD TVs as well as on older Plasma and LCD TVs and it turned out that it was an issue with the broadcasts, not the TVs.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2012, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_B View Post

So you're elite has IR? Or is your VT is brighter then your Elite?
Sorry, but if you think either is true, you don't watch your TVs.
What does it matter what models I've had? And now are you trying to say Panasonic never had a VT 10 model?
Truely, i'm not sure where you get your information, but Panasonic did make a VT 10 VT 10 IRElite's do not have IR, and they are much brighter then VT50s.
If you would like to argue about any of your miss information I will gladly take it to PMs, as it serves no purpose here.

I think the verdict is in- "TROLL" sure reminds me of "Hooiser-daddy" maybe they are twins ?

65VT60(Calibrated by Chad B)
55ST60(Calibrated by Chunon)
Darbee DVP5000
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast/I1Pro/I1D3
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
Old 07-17-2012, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post

I think the verdict is in- "TROLL" sure reminds me of "Hooiser-daddy" maybe they are twins ?
I get the feeling the tail is firmly supplanted between the legs, and may not be graced with his presence anytime soon.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:28 PM

Liked: 11
I got a new panny plasma at the time i had the gt50 and slight flashes with hockey. Nothing major. My GF didn't notice a thing. Only place i saw the flashing was along the yellow line. I since traded it in for the vt50 but hockey season was already over.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 131
I am a huge hockey fan, and I was right in the middle of the "Hockey Pop" fiasco. In fact I think I was the one who started it on the PNE7000/8000 thread. I was having fluctuating brightness issues on my 51'' E8000 plasma. This was a problem with over active ABL, and completely unrelated to the camera flashes and strobes that can be seen on most all TV's during hockey. I tested hockey on 3 other E8000's at different stores and they all had this problem.

I got a refund on my E8000 and have since purchased a 55'' GT50. Hockey looks great on my Panasonic and it has NO fluctuating brightness issues...It's a keeper;)
Old 07-19-2012, 05:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

David_B has been on an anti-Panasonic Plasma crusade for several years on various forums and is constantly trying to turn people away from Panasonic Plasmas in just about every thread he posts in, so don't expect any objectivity or fairness in any of his posts.
He conveniently leaves out the fact that during the Hockey Flash hysteria a few months ago, several of us checked our other TVs and lots of us also saw the same hockey flashes on our various LCD TVs and LED LCD TVs as well as on older Plasma and LCD TVs and it turned out that it was an issue with the broadcasts, not the TVs.
you obviously didn't see the panasonic tv youtube of the screen flipping out for 2 seconds after every stobe flash.

Ps, you can try to hide all of plasmas faults all you want. In the end people will be unhappy with your " plasma for everything " recommendations and stop listening to you.

If i am on an anti plasma crusade, what do you call your lies about them?

buytme
Old 07-19-2012, 09:49 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:

you obviously didn't see the panasonic tv youtube of the screen flipping out for 2 seconds after every stobe flash.

Of course i saw that video - and several owners of that TV said theirs did not do that and questioned his source instead. His particular TV could have been defective too. And if this is just a Plasma thing or a Panasonic thing, how do you explain the fact that so many of us saw hockey flashes on older and newer Samsung and Panasonic Plasmas as well as our various LCD TVs? I replayed several flashing hockey scenes and all of my TVs displayed the issue to varying extents, even my little 13.3" Supersonic LED LCD TV on my desk.

Quote:
you can try to hide all of plasmas faults all you want. In the end people will be unhappy with your " plasma for everything " recommendations and stop listening to you.

I don't recommend "plasma for everything", i actually prefer LCD for their pop and crispness for most of my TV viewing, but all their other flaws ruin it for me leaving plasma as the better choice for just about everything. I came very close to buying a Sony HX929 last year but the issues and problems scared me away. If the Sharp Elite LED LCD were available in 50" or even 55" i'd probably be watching one right now instead of my 50GT50 - that's how much i like the Elite (even despite it's inherent flaws).

Quote:

What you call "lies" are just me realizing that there is no perfect display, but in the grand scheme of things the Panasonic Plasmas are the overall best HD TV on the market today. That realization was confirmed at the VE Shootout by some top ISF Calibrators as well as the guests - and in the live chat you were such a sore loser that all you could do is post insults at Panasonic, Robert, D-Nice, Kevin Miller, and the whole shootout. Your beloved Samsung LED LCD got creamed and you were beside yourself. There is a reason why i prefer Plasmas and Panasonic - they're just better than anything else. You can't handle the truth. If Samsung weren't such a scummy disreputable company and didn't make such crap, i'd be singing their praises instead.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Old 07-19-2012, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

Of course i saw that video - and several owners of that TV said theirs did not do that and questioned his source instead. His particular TV could have been defective too. And if this is just a Plasma thing or a Panasonic thing, how do you explain the fact that so many of us saw hockey flashes on older and newer Samsung and Panasonic Plasmas as well as our various LCD TVs? I replayed several flashing hockey scenes and all of my TVs displayed the issue to varying extents, even my little 13.3" Supersonic LED LCD TV on my desk.
I don't recommend "plasma for everything", i actually prefer LCD for their pop and crispness for most of my TV viewing, but all their other flaws ruin it for me leaving plasma as the better choice for just about everything. I came very close to buying a Sony HX929 last year but the issues and problems scared me away. If the Sharp Elite LED LCD were available in 50" or even 55" i'd probably be watching one right now instead of my 50GT50 - that's how much i like the Elite (even despite it's inherent flaws).
What you call "lies" are just me realizing that there is no perfect display, but in the grand scheme of things the Panasonic Plasmas are the overall best HD TV on the market today. That realization was confirmed at the VE Shootout by some top ISF Calibrators as well as the guests - and in the live chat you were such a sore loser that all you could do is post insults at Panasonic, Robert, D-Nice, Kevin Miller, and the whole shootout. Your beloved Samsung LED LCD got creamed and you were beside yourself. There is a reason why i prefer Plasmas and Panasonic - they're just better than anything else. You can't handle the truth. If Samsung weren't such a scummy disreputable company and didn't make such crap, i'd be singing their praises instead.

+1000

stop it david. you are acting like a troll.

well said randy!

neflixis our nemesis
Old 07-19-2012, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

Ps, you can try to hide all of plasmas faults all you want. In the end people will be unhappy with your " plasma for everything " recommendations and stop listening to you.
David, the issue that is taken is that you seem to never have the ability to take an objective approach to anything. You don't even know the model numbers of any of the Tvs you speak of, yet claim ownership. You only cite things you've seen on the net, use them as "proof", but never actually speak to what it actually looks like, only what it looks like through your computer monitor.

You also completely ignored where I called you out on your ridiculous misinformation, but thought I was wrong because of a thread that had the title incorrectly addressed. It almost seems like all you do is just "search" for random key words, and try and pass off others "experiences" off as your own. Your track record and posting style continuing to add credence to this perception of you.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member

So
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism View Post

David, the issue that is taken is that you seem to never have the ability to take an objective approach to anything. You don't even know the model numbers of any of the Tvs you speak of, yet claim ownership. You only cite things you've seen on the net, use them as "proof", but never actually speak to what it actually looks like, only what it looks like through your computer monitor.
You also completely ignored where I called you out on your ridiculous misinformation, but thought I was wrong because of a thread that had the title incorrectly addressed. It almost seems like all you do is just "search" for random key words, and try and pass off others "experiences" off as your own. Your track record and posting style continuing to add credence to this perception of you.

I will tell you what.

All you guys that always post an opinion on why someone should buy a such and such model of TV start posting links that PROVE what you say I will post my links to the problems I post about.

Not just links threds and let people search through them. But to specific posts that prove what you say.

It is completely hypocritical to want me to prove everything but for some reason you guys think you can just spew stuff and not have to do the same.

This site requires none of this, and if any of you don't like my opinions or my research then don't read my posts.

Believe what you wish, but if the personal attacks do not stop I will start some convesations with the admins here.

buytme
Old 07-20-2012, 12:25 PM

Liked: 12
If you want the best picture, go with the Panasonic Plasma
If you want large size go with the Sharp

I had the same dilemma, I went with the top of the line 80" sharp for less than the Elite 70"
once you get a set home and stop making side by side comparisons you will be fine with what you get.
I don't mind sacrificing some picture quality for a very large screen.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:

So
I will tell you what.
All you guys that always post an opinion on why someone should buy a such and such model of TV start posting links that PROVE what you say I will post my links to the problems I post about.
Not just links threds and let people search through them. But to specific posts that prove what you say.
It is completely hypocritical to want me to prove everything but for some reason you guys think you can just spew stuff and not have to do the same.
This site requires none of this, and if any of you don't like my opinions or my research then don't read my posts.
Believe what you wish, but if the personal attacks do not stop I will start some convesations with the admins here.

Most of the time you hardly make any sense. This is one of them

Pioneer KRP-500m
Panasonic 65VT50
M&K LCR-750s Fronts and Center
M&K M-4T Surrounds
X-Rite i1pro
Old 07-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlcohen View Post

If you want the best picture, go with the Panasonic Plasma
If you want large size go with the Sharp
I had the same dilemma, I went with the top of the line 80" sharp for less than the Elite 70"
once you get a set home and stop making side by side comparisons you will be fine with what you get.
I don't mind sacrificing some picture quality for a very large screen.

Agreed

Pioneer KRP-500m
Panasonic 65VT50
M&K LCR-750s Fronts and Center
M&K M-4T Surrounds
X-Rite i1pro
Old 07-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrady3324 View Post

Most of the time you hardly make any sense. This is one of them

Reported to admins.

Seriously, this isn't the place for personal attacks.

buytme
Old 07-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 359
Cool it guys...get back on topic.

Mike Lang
Administrator
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Join the AVS Club and help support the site. Help Support AVS Forum Sponsors.