I want to replace a Pioneer Kuro KRP-500A (9.5G elite panel i believe) which will move to my 2nd home.
My priorities are:
1) picture quality--i want something that is not a downgrade from the kuro atleast in terms of black levels.
2) good glare protection--there will be a huge glass window on one side of the living room and two lamps on opposite walls.
3) no ugly speakers. the tv will be wall-mounted and hooked up to a Linn Majik DSM (hdmi) for audio duties. builtin speakers have to be hidden or detachable.
nice to haves:
1) good network options. ideally able to map samba shares and can handle mkv files. atleast dlna with mkv support. i have a synology NAS with lots of videos and want to get rid of my Popcorn Hour A300 if its an option.
2) 3d support--why not... although i will rarely be using this.
3) skype support also a nice to have
The panasonic plasmas appear to be the best out there and i will look at them--any others I should consider? budget is up to 5k. my room is too small for anything bigger than 60.