Need a recommendation for a 65"-70"! Please help me decide! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-06-2012, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been doing a lot of reading here and reviews on different sites, and I'm really overwhelmed by the choices available. Perhaps you can make a recommendation for me!

• Price: I want to spend under $3,000 including taxes and shipping. Obviously cheaper is better.
  • Size: 65"-70". I just recently got rid of a 300lb 65" RPTV after 7 years, and I'm spoiled by the size.
  • Viewing habits: 90% early evening cable, 10% evening movies and video games. All in a ground floor room with blinds, some spilled light. Need a matte screen, I think.
  • Video gaming is sometimes for 3-4 hours in a stretch in the same game, with some static graphics (Rock Band) so not sure if IR/burn in would be an issue.
  • 3D: optional, but it's worth a few extra bucks if non-3D PQ is as good as non-3D sets.
  • Smart TV: optional, but if the Netflix has 1080p and the DLNA features are robust, that's a good plus and worth a few extra bucks.

A lighter, cooler LED would be nice, but if I can save some money getting plasma, I'll do plasma instead, as long as the PQ is equal or better to a comparable LED set.

I've been looking at the Sharp 70LE735U, but it's hard to find anywhere in stock. Any recommendations?

Edit: Changed some wording about the viewing room to make it a little clearer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Panasonic VT50, GT50, ST50 picture quality is much better than Sharp sets aside from the Sharp Elite.
Most Sharps, Sony ex series and lg lw series led lcds are matte but you won't get the picture quality.
Won't be any problems with burn in if broken in properly.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-13-2013, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm certainly happy with my Sharp LC-70LE732U. Had it for a couple of years now and no problems or complaints. I think the picture quality is very good. Not 3D, I don't care. Not the latest Smart TV interface but it plays Netflix just fine which is the only thing web based I'm interested in. Never play video games so can't comment. Reflections with bright lights can be a problem, turn them off!
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
Led Hdtv , Plasma Hdtv , Sharp Lc 70le735u 70 Inch Internet Ready Led Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Panasonic Viera Tc P65gt50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65st50 Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread - P65st50 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page