Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 38 Old 10-13-2012, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebernazz View Post

Once again you are missing the point. Any TV in that setting would look fine. The point was if you moved the TV so that the window light was on the screen would it be watchable?
Or said another way I could put a pdp in that space and have many angles, times of day (even the time of day of your photo) where there would be little to no reflections.
And your PQ is fine (using your picture which you put up as evidence) but is certainly not top of the line to many (And yes I own a sharp and 4 other lcds along with 3 pdps)

Sorry you think my tv sucks. I like it.

Most likely you don't care for the picture that my el cheapo camera took.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 10-13-2012, 01:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by pds3 View Post

My tv is already two feet away from the wall. You think I should put it in the middle of my living room? The point is is that there are NO REFLECTIONS on the screen.

There is no incident light on the screen, which by definition rules out reflections.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebernazz View Post

Once again you are missing the point. Any TV in that setting would look fine. The point was if you moved the TV so that the window light was on the screen would it be watchable?
Or said another way I could put a pdp in that space and have many angles, times of day (even the time of day of your photo) where there would be little to no reflections.
And your PQ is fine (using your picture which you put up as evidence) but is certainly not top of the line to many (And yes I own a sharp and 4 other lcds along with 3 pdps)

It's like you're trying to explain 3-D geometry to a guy in Flatland. smile.gif
Quote:

Sorry you think my tv sucks. I like it.
Most likely you don't care for the picture that my el cheapo camera took.

He never said your TV sucked. He said your Toyota wasn't a Mercedes.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #33 of 38 Old 10-13-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

There is no incident light on the screen, which by definition rules out reflections.
It's like you're trying to explain 3-D geometry to a guy in Flatland. smile.gif
He never said your TV sucked. He said your Toyota wasn't a Mercedes.

I still like "Mothglass"
post #34 of 38 Old 10-13-2012, 08:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 519
Quote:

I still like "Mothglass"

I'm fairly sure the correct internet response to your post is

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #35 of 38 Old 10-13-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

I'm fairly sure the correct internet response to your post is

Very profound.
post #36 of 38 Old 10-25-2012, 07:01 AM

Liked: 44
Sharp announces first TVs with Moth-Eye technology: the AQUOS XL series
Quote:
Sharp may look like it's in trouble, but that's not stopping it bringing new displays to the market, including today's announcement of the AQUOS Quattron 3D XL TV line. Behind the mouthful of acronyms, these LED-backlit LCD panels are the first to feature Sharp's Moth-Eye technology, designed to reduce glare and pump out bright colors, as well as a deep black. The company's 'four primary color' tech is partly responsible for the rich output, which squeezes a yellow sub-pixel in with the standard R, G and B. All the panels run at 1,920 x 1,080, as you'd expect, sport a 10 million to 1 contrast ratio and use five speakers to deliver audio. Prices aren't fixed, but the 46-, 52- and 80-inch models will be released in Japan on December 15th, while the 60- and 70-inch variants will come slightly earlier, on November 30th. You're going to have to be quick on launch day, though -- only 10,000 units are expected to be available in the first month.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/25/sharp-moth-eye-AQUOS-XL-TVs/
post #37 of 38 Old 10-25-2012, 08:59 AM

Liked: 22
Does anyone know if Mothglass is a painted on coating, or a change in the structure of the glass? Is it similar to a high tech sandblasting to the glass surface? Or if it's painted on, could we upgrade our own TV's to Mothglass?
post #38 of 38 Old 10-25-2012, 09:06 AM

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazishere View Post

Does anyone know if Mothglass is a painted on coating, or a change in the structure of the glass? Is it similar to a high tech sandblasting to the glass surface? Or if it's painted on, could we upgrade our own TV's to Mothglass?

[CEATEC 2012] When choosing to buy a display, one of the factors consumers have to decide is whether they want a screen with higher contrast and lower glare or vice versa. Well, it looks like Sharp has got a solution to the problem with its new glass panel technology called motheye. As the name implies, it was inspired by a moth’s eye – which is said to have properties that eliminate reflection. Well, they studied the insect’s eye and realized that most of the anti-reflection comes from the moth eye’s surface which is rough and bumpy. When light hits this rough surface, it is sent bouncing away instead of splitting up and causing glare. In addition to reducing glare, this rough surface will also help light from beneath it shine through without splitting up and losing its intensity.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/10/sharp-motheye-technology/
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page