Display options after CES? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-15-2012, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm waiting for CES to see what comes out before buying a new 65-70 inch display.

1. How long after CES does it generally take for new displays to be available for purchase?
2. Is there any new technology that enthusiasts are looking forward to seeing this coming year? Will new models likely just have more apps crammed into them or will there be more options with better visual quality?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-16-2012, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
It will take at least 5 months after CES for new models to arrive. Panasonic is said to have improved upon their Plasma line (quite possibly the last ones ever) with better black levels (hopefully to match the hallowed 9th gen Pioneer Kuro!) amongst other PQ improvements.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Even after CES when they announce whatever new techs will be out and possibly available things like OLED and 4K, and 8K will be incredibly over priced and geared toward the 1%ers. I know Samsung has announced an 85" LED/LCD that's a 4K TV. 3860x2160. And like @vinnie97 said Panasonic has announced new PDPs and I would imagine LG will continue on their OLEDs.

60F8000; RX-V367; TSi300 x2; YST-SW102; Harmony 650; Apple TV; Microsoft Xbox One Console; RF-HTS120;

xRite i1 Display Pro (OEM); CalMAN 5 Basic; ColorHCFR
post #4 of 4 Old 11-16-2012, 12:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

It will take at least 5 months after CES for new models to arrive. Panasonic is said to have improved upon their Plasma line (quite possibly the last ones ever) with better black levels (hopefully to match the hallowed 9th gen Pioneer Kuro!) amongst other PQ improvements.

And if the 2013s aren't the last ones ever, I suspect the 2014s will be.... with incremental improvements at most.

My 2012 already feels like a T.Rex... a mighty beast, ruling over the Cretaceous, thinking it has it made, blissfully unaware that a large piece of extraterrestrial rock is headed for the Yucatan.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page