Old Wall Mount, can't tell how to unlock - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-28-2012, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have an old TV on a wall mount and I'm looking to swap the TV. The problem is I can't seem to discover how to unlock it and I don't know what mount it is to find the instructions. I had a company install the TV back in 2007 and they are no longer in business. I remember them saying that they use mounts from a number of companies, one being Peerless, but I don't think this is a Peerless mount. I'm pretty sure it is just a basic flat mount. The attached picture isn't great but I can see two horizontal bars against the wall (A), two vertical bars (B) connected to Bars A, two vertical bars connected to the TV (C) and two horizontal bars (D) that Bars C hang from. I can't quite tell how the Bars B connect to Bars C and D.

Does this general mount look familiar to anybody? Like I said, the main thing I'm trying to do is unlock the mount so I can remove the TV (and I'm guessing at least Bars C) from the rest of the mount. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
If you are lucky the bolts that attach the horizontal bar A to the wall are accessible with a socket wrench. If you can support the TV and the attached mount ( hopefully using two strong friends) you might be able to unmount the whole set up from the wall. A long shot, but you may get lucky.

If you are even luckier, the device that stops you from dismounting the display may not be screwed in too tightly and, providing nothing is in the way, you ( and your friends) might be able to slide the whole thing off of the horizontal wall bars. If you push up on the base of the display, the hooks on the top may go up a bit from the horizontal bar. That may give you an idea of whether it's loose enough to be slid off.

To my shame I once installed a display in a recessed frame that required unscrewing a horizontal screw on the bottom of the vertical bar resting on the bottom horizontal rail. I deliberately left these screws a little bit loose so that whoever tried to remove the display could slide it right and left just enough to get a long screwdriver in.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-27-2013, 06:29 PM

Liked: 10
Turns out I have the same exact dilema... tv installed in 2007 - looks like its the exact same mount I have and I can't figure out how to release it

did you ever find out how?
post #4 of 4 Old 09-30-2013, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Most TV mounts have a release at the bottom of the vertical parts (2) that are screwed into the TV. They usually have a cord that you can pull downward that releases the bottom part from the lower edge of the horizontal wall mount. You need one person to pull the release on both sides and then tilt the TV out at the bottom. Once the bottom part of the vertical (TV) mounts are unhooked from the bottom rail of the wall mount, let go of the release cords and lift the TV up and away from the wall, thus unhooking it from the top rail of the horizontal (wall) mount. If you can get to the connections at the back of the TV, disconnect them before removing the TV from the wall.
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page