Ameican Express Warrant? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 12-10-2012, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Has anyone used the AX warranty on a LCD tv? How was the process? How did it work out? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko9999 View Post

Has anyone used the AX warranty on a LCD tv? How was the process? How did it work out? Thanks.

Have you tried searching the boards? Or, generically, The Web?

Seem to recall reading a discussion at one time, but don't recall details.

In theory - per memory - AmEx "Extends" the Mfgr Warr by One Year, but don't know logistics of making a claim: that would be included in the AmEx Account Disclosure statement (somewhere....).
post #3 of 8 Old 12-10-2012, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

I did search but could only find people who had small items-cameras, etc.. I did not find one person dealing with them on a TV.
post #4 of 8 Old 12-11-2012, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
I posted something about my experience with AMEX on this a while ago. File two claims both approved. One claim was for a small item but the other was a large claim to fix my printer. While it's not a TV it's far from a small item when the printer at the time cost me $1800 and the repair ended up being around $950. AMEX paid 100% of it and in a pretty timely manner. Took about a week or so from start to finish. They wanted a repair estimate along with the original credit card statement which shows the entire purchase was done on the AMEX card. They also wanted a copy of the manufacturer's warranty. I paid the repair shop via my AMEX card and AMEX dropped a credit into my account for the full repair amount. Didn't even have to worry about paying the balance before the credit showed up.

With this experience, any electronics or expensive item that can possibly be lost or stolen goes on my AMEX.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
AMEX covered an almost 4 year old Xbox 360 of mine that got the RROD. They initially asked for all the same documentation described by WonHung, but before I had a chance to send it all in they went ahead and issued me a credit for the full purchase price of the 360. I strolled down to Best Buy and picked up a new slim model with the giant hard drive for less than I'd paid for the original 20 gig model. I too now use the AMEX card for any purchse of this sort.

jeff
post #6 of 8 Old 12-12-2012, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjp View Post

AMEX covered an almost 4 year old Xbox 360 of mine that got the RROD. They initially asked for all the same documentation described by WonHung, but before I had a chance to send it all in they went ahead and issued me a credit for the full purchase price of the 360. I strolled down to Best Buy and picked up a new slim model with the giant hard drive for less than I'd paid for the original 20 gig model. I too now use the AMEX card for any purchse of this sort.
jeff

4 year old? I though they only doubled the warranty up to one year additional coverage?
post #7 of 8 Old 12-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 52
Quote:

4 year old? I though they only doubled the warranty up to one year additional coverage?

Hmm - should probably go check, but thought they Added An Additional Year to the base manufacturers coverage - ??
post #8 of 8 Old 12-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

The Xbox originally had a 1 year warranty, which Microsoft later extended to 3 years in RROD cases in response to the high failure rate. Mine checked out around 3 years, 9 months, within AMEX's extra year of coverage. It was a sweet deal smile.gif
Rocko9999 likes this.
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page