Help me to choose... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-02-2013, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello there !

I "need" to upgrade my TV (Toshiba 42XV540U), a good one, but old.....

So i want a 3D TV, and i'm very interested in the Samsung UN60ES7500, and i have a good deal in a shop close to me : 2139.50 $Can with 4 glasses.

BUT it needs some glasses for 3D !!! I wonder, and it's where you can help me, if the 3D TVs WITHOUT glasses will soon be released and how much will it cost ? Do i have to wait a little more, or may i go with the Samsung ?

What do you think ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Olivier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-02-2013, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Glasses-free 3D is expensive, and very limited technology right now. They have very limited areas you can actually view the 3D image in, that require you to be in a specific spot to see it. The more viewing positions they add, the lower the resolution of the 3D image gets.
So while sets that don't require glasses exist, and we will probably see a few more introduced at lower price-points next year, they're not worth spending money on.

Passive 3D is generally a lot more comfortable to watch than Active 3D. The glasses are cheaper & lighter (they're just basic polarized glasses) and don't require batteries/charging.
Passive 3D does halve your vertical resolution though.

No 3D solution is ideal right now.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmd666 View Post

Hello there !
I "need" to upgrade my TV (Toshiba 42XV540U), a good one, but old.....
So i want a 3D TV, and i'm very interested in the Samsung UN60ES7500, and i have a good deal in a shop close to me : 2139.50 $Can with 4 glasses.
BUT it needs some glasses for 3D !!! I wonder, and it's where you can help me, if the 3D TVs WITHOUT glasses will soon be released and how much will it cost ? Do i have to wait a little more, or may i go with the Samsung ?
What do you think ?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Olivier

Glasses free 3D is a ways off from being mass produced into FP's today. And yes, at the moment it's very expensive. Don't hold you breath for it.

Can I ask why you're considering the ES7500? What specifically drive you to that model?
I feel like there are much more viable options out there and for a much better value.

60F8000; RX-V367; TSi300 x2; YST-SW102; Harmony 650; Apple TV; Microsoft Xbox One Console; RF-HTS120;

xRite i1 Display Pro (OEM); CalMAN 5 Basic; ColorHCFR
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page