AVS Forum banner

To Upgrade or not to upgrade?

663 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  vinnie97 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

I currently own a sony bravia KDL52xbr3. I love this set and have never had any complaints with picture quality.

However i would like to get a bigger set, 60"+

So my question is with the new lineups, either plasma or lcd, how does my old xbr3 hold up? Are the new sets these days leaps and bounds better? or just marginally better then the xbr3? I could careless about 3D, wouldnt mind having it but could easily continue to live without it.

My current usage for the set is about 35% Sports, 35% PS3 gaming, 20% movies and 10% regular TV.

What are the experts thoughts? Like i said I've loved my xbr3 so i haven't really been keeping up with HDTV technology. Just looking to upgrade size if its worth it.

#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipablo  /t/1450143/to-upgrade-or-not-to-upgrade#post_22793565

Hi everyone!

I currently own a sony bravia KDL52xbr3. I love this set and have never had any complaints with picture quality.

However i would like to get a bigger set, 60"+

So my question is with the new lineups, either plasma or lcd, how does my old xbr3 hold up? Are the new sets these days leaps and bounds better? or just marginally better then the xbr3? I could careless about 3D, wouldnt mind having it but could easily continue to live without it.

My current usage for the set is about 35% Sports, 35% PS3 gaming, 20% movies and 10% regular TV.

What are the experts thoughts? Like i said I've loved my xbr3 so i haven't really been keeping up with HDTV technology. Just looking to upgrade size if its worth it.

65" VT50

It'll clearance soon. I would check that out if possible.

#3 ·
Bump on this, any other insights or opinions?

Sent by Dipablo via Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.