got a new tv, suddenly my STB isnt staying on....coincidence? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-09-2013, 04:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had a 37" Panasonic LCD, and just recently upgraded to a 42" (TCL42e50). Basically have the setup the same, HDMI 1 is the only connection I am using. But, I would like to NOT have to manually turn on my Uverse box, Id prefer to just turn on the TV and be ready to watch. Also, I am just about to install my placeshifter (Monsoon Vulkano) and I dont want this to be an issue. I have read conflicting things about Uverse STB's powering themselves off, but I cant imagine that this is just starting to happen on the bring of a new TV. I went into power saving settings and turned everything off just NOW so Ill see if that does the trick but I doubt the VieraLink stuff would give me this problem. Any ideas? If this should be in the LCD/LED forum I apologize in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-09-2013, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Can you connect your U-verse box directly to your tv using the coax Cable/Ant input and then use the internal ATSC tuner to scan for your cable stations? I'd think you'd be able to leave the U-verse box on all of the time and just turn the tv on, and if your tv is on the Cable/Ant input, there you are.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-09-2013, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not 100% sure I follow. If I plug in the HDMI cable box to TV. Your saying additionally plug in a coax to TV? What would that do differently than the HDMI cable being plugged in?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
post #4 of 4 Old 01-09-2013, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 254
As a test, just connect your cable box directly to your antenna input on the tv via coax (disconnecting the HDMI cable). That way, the only cable signal going to your tv is coming from the cable box. Using the internal ATSC tuner, scan for your cable stations. You will have to set your tv to the Cable/Ant input but you should be able to turn on your tv and your cable stations should be there. Now, if the U-verse box is turning itself off sporadically, then that's a U-verse issue which you will need to work out with them. At least you know it's not an issue with your tv. I'm not familiar with placeshifter so I can't help you there. I'd start simple, get that worked out, and then add on devices/components.
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page