Main Board need for Pioneer PRO-1150HD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got word that the Main Board (AWV2456) on my plasma is shot. I am looking for some place that has this part in stock and is NOT charging over $500.

Also, what would cause this board to fail? The display has been hanging in the same spot since the day I bought it. No moving around nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
It looks to be out of stock, but check it out.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=AWV2456
Old 01-10-2013, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Yep. Everyone seems out of stock. Except, of course Pioneer. http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/part.asp?productNum=AWV2456
frown.gif
Old 01-11-2013, 08:05 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 500
When i was young, TV repair shops were able to solder and repair various components instead of replacing them. A repairman replaced a capacitor or something on the power supply board in my dead 1990 Tube TV and brought it back to life, which was a lot cheaper than replacing the whole board.

Is there any place that you can take or send your bad board to have it diagnosed and repaired? Panasonic's replacement boards are factory refurbished, and they charge a core charge on them to ensure the defective boards are returned to them to be refurbished and returned to inventory. And i could have sworn i saw someone post some time back that they found a company that tests and repairs boards for flat panel TVs and they successfully had their board repaired by them.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Old 01-11-2013, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

When i was young, TV repair shops were able to solder and repair various components instead of replacing them. A repairman replaced a capacitor or something on the power supply board in my dead 1990 Tube TV and brought it back to life, which was a lot cheaper than replacing the whole board.

Is there any place that you can take or send your bad board to have it diagnosed and repaired? Panasonic's replacement boards are factory refurbished, and they charge a core charge on them to ensure the defective boards are returned to them to be refurbished and returned to inventory. And i could have sworn i saw someone post some time back that they found a company that tests and repairs boards for flat panel TVs and they successfully had their board repaired by them.

Sign of the times. I asked the technician if he could determine what component on the main board was the problem and it could be replaced. His reply was simply "no, we just replace the entire board." I'm sure it is just a $0.40 capacitor or something. Instead I gotta pay $500+ just for the board. Luckily, I found one on ebay for $150. I have asked to keep my original board. I will try and get it fixed.