post #31 of 35 Old 01-25-2013, 05:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatstreet View Post

A bucket brigade is a simple analogy or visualization of delay caused by a process.

There are fifty men standing in a line. Someone hands the first man a bucket full of water, and he hands it to the next man in the line. Someone hands the first man another bucket full of water, while the second man is passing his bucket to the third man in line. The first man passes his bucket to the second man, and the second man passes his bucket to the third man and the third man to the fourth man.
The bucket passing process continues, but it takes time to pass each bucket to the next.

We have the summation of the time it takes to pass a bucket for each of the fifty men for the first bucket passed to reach the end of the line. After the first bucket reaches the end of the line, it only takes the time to pass one bucket to receive the next bucket at the end of the line.

Throughput can be increased by adding lines of fifty men. Given a second line of fifty men there will be twice as many buckets processed. But the time it takes for an individual bucket to reach the end of the line is still the summation of time of bucket passes.

I don’t know the context of the presentation but a video of a Rube Goldberg like contraption would be fun to show an apparatus being loaded and the delay of arrival at the output, but lower time for subsequent arrivals oncethe process path is loaded.

Right, so your visualization again works and easily explains why "lag can exceed the time between frames".

So how is it possible than some other mental construct could block someone with an 85+ IQ from understanding that? TGM please help us!

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 01-25-2013, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 735 Post(s)
Liked: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

Right, so your visualization again works and easily explains why "lag can exceed the time between frames".

So how is it possible than some other mental construct could block someone with an 85+ IQ from understanding that? TGM please help us!

...some days...

Send this to all your friends! When will this stupidity end? So hysterical: Vertical Video Syndrome --- a PSA.
post #33 of 35 Old 01-25-2013, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 735 Post(s)
Liked: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

Rogo, seriously, what on earth do you want me to say???? That the original analogy I made is enough? Ok then. But don't you forget for a second that it was YOU said that "The Analogy Sucked", and then when I tried to ferret out why you spun around completely and insisted that it was enough to explain to anyone not dumb.

Send this to all your friends! When will this stupidity end? So hysterical: Vertical Video Syndrome --- a PSA.
post #34 of 35 Old 01-26-2013, 12:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Rogo, seriously, what on earth do you want me to say???? That the original analogy I made is enough? Ok then. But don't you forget for a second that it was YOU said that "The Analogy Sucked", and then when I tried to ferret out why you spun around completely and insisted that it was enough to explain to anyone not dumb.

I don't understand how you can explain it and have someone fail to understand it.

There is something more to this story.

There is simply no way you could put me in front of a room of semi-intelligent people and have them walk out saying, "Lag can't be longer than the time between frames."

It just wouldn't happen.

I give up.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)
post #35 of 35 Old 01-26-2013, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
It's so easy a caveman could do it.
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page