Samsung TV's - Model Comparisons, your comments/opinions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-30-2013, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm going to select my replacement TV today or tomorrow. I had this Series 6 46" Samsung and the panel was failing, so they've approved it to be straight swapped for this Series 7 - 46" Samsung . All good

The sales guy at the GoodGuys said I can also upgrade or change models no problem, obviously at a cost, of which I will find out when in-store. So, I am considering these 3 55" TV's (the 4th on far right is the approved swap TV for comparison): Clicky

From L to R, retail prices from the GoodGuys Website are $2997 - $2799 - $1998 - $1598 (the swap TV). The first 3 are 55".

If I go for an upgrade I will probably be running it through the Pioneer XVS1122K Networked Amplifier which will manage all sound requirements and zoning, so audio specs on all the above are nearly irrelevant.

Any thoughts/comments on the above sets?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-30-2013, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonks View Post

I'm going to select my replacement TV today or tomorrow. I had this Series 6 46" Samsung and the panel was failing, so they've approved it to be straight swapped for this Series 7 - 46" Samsung . All good

The sales guy at the GoodGuys said I can also upgrade or change models no problem, obviously at a cost, of which I will find out when in-store. So, I am considering these 3 55" TV's (the 4th on far right is the approved swap TV for comparison): Clicky

From L to R, retail prices from the GoodGuys Website are $2997 - $2799 - $1998 - $1598 (the swap TV). The first 3 are 55".

If I go for an upgrade I will probably be running it through the Pioneer XVS1122K Networked Amplifier which will manage all sound requirements and zoning, so audio specs on all the above are nearly irrelevant.

Poor uniformity on virtually all of these FPs. Decent temporal resolution. You may also wanna head over to the owners threads for each of these FPs.

60F8000; RX-V367; TSi300 x2; YST-SW102; Harmony 650; Apple TV; Microsoft Xbox One Console; RF-HTS120;

xRite i1 Display Pro (OEM); CalMAN 5 Basic; ColorHCFR
post #3 of 4 Old 01-31-2013, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonks View Post

thet still have good guys down under?

neflixis our nemesis
post #4 of 4 Old 01-31-2013, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Yes, they do, and they're very competitive, good prices, good cash discounts. They do well in the retail sector. Over the past 5 years I've bought the 46", a 26", Sammy Blu-Ray player, Beyonwiz DPP2 PVR, a Westinghouse Double Door Fridge and a Bosch Dishwasher. All very happy with each deal.

Any way, that aside. Do you have any opinions on the TVs?
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page