Fit To Screen Greyed Out - Samsung - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-20-2013, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Samsung UN40EH6000F. Comcast HD box.

I can't get the Samsung to Fit To Screen on non HD channels, has a 2 inch black area on the outside of the picture. I can select zoom or P.Size and fit it on the screen but I want the TV to auto recognize it. Found settings in Tools but it was greyed out. I called Samsung and she said it had to do with the connection -HDMI cable. But I have the same setup in another room and the LG TV auto sizes it to fit the screen on non-HD channels. (Why is that greyed out?)

So I needed help getting it to auto fit screen. I hope that is clear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-20-2013, 08:31 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by coopns View Post

I have a Samsung UN40EH6000F. Comcast HD box.

I can't get the Samsung to Fit To Screen on non HD channels, has a 2 inch black area on the outside of the picture. I can select zoom or P.Size and fit it on the screen but I want the TV to auto recognize it. Found settings in Tools but it was greyed out. I called Samsung and she said it had to do with the connection -HDMI cable. But I have the same setup in another room and the LG TV auto sizes it to fit the screen on non-HD channels. (Why is that greyed out?)

So I needed help getting it to auto fit screen. I hope that is clear.

Does the regular 16:9 setting not work properly? When you say it's "grayed out" does that mean the aspect setting is grayed out?
The 16:9 setting should display all content in the 16:9 ratio which will stretch your 4:3 SD content, which might look awful, but regardless it'll fill the screen.

60F8000; RX-V367; TSi300 x2; YST-SW102; Harmony 650; Apple TV; Microsoft Xbox One Console; RF-HTS120;

xRite i1 Display Pro (OEM); CalMAN 5 Basic; ColorHCFR
post #3 of 6 Old 02-20-2013, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

16:9 works but on certain channels I guess it doesn, it has that 2 inch black area.

Under Tools or Setting (I'll look again) that option of Stretch To Fit is greyed out.

"The 16:9 setting should display all content in the 16:9 ratio which will stretch your 4:3 SD content, which might look awful, but regardless it'll fill the screen"

---This is what it does on my LG but I think it is that greyed out Stretch To Fit which I can't get at.
post #4 of 6 Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopns View Post

16:9 works but on certain channels I guess it doesn, it has that 2 inch black area.

Under Tools or Setting (I'll look again) that option of Stretch To Fit is greyed out.

"The 16:9 setting should display all content in the 16:9 ratio which will stretch your 4:3 SD content, which might look awful, but regardless it'll fill the screen"

---This is what it does on my LG but I think it is that greyed out Stretch To Fit which I can't get at.

Is the 2" black area on the left and right of the screen or top and bottom? Can you take a picture of the screen while it does this?

60F8000; RX-V367; TSi300 x2; YST-SW102; Harmony 650; Apple TV; Microsoft Xbox One Console; RF-HTS120;

post #5 of 6 Old 02-20-2013, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Can't seem to get a pic upload, just hangs.

Seems like a two inch border around the picture. Wish I could get to that Screen Fit. Do you think it is Comcast box or Samsung TV?

[URL=http://][/URL]
post #6 of 6 Old 02-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member

What do you have both your TV and box set to? The box should be at either 720p or 1080i depending on preference and etc. and the TV should be on 16:9. There may also be an option on the Comcast box to set the aspect by program. It should say something like "Set by Program" or "Native."

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
Samsung Un40eh6000 40 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page