VT50 vs LG8600 vs Samsung 7500 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-21-2013, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all, first post long time reader. I'll apologize in advance if this has already been hashed out. I attempted to search both here and Google, and couldn't find anything comparing the three. I'm looking at these tv's in 55", and I'm at an end pass. I know the pluses and minuses between led and plasma, but I'm unable to do a side by side comparison, so any first hand experience would be appreciated. The tv will be in the upstairs of a split level home with a decent amount of natural light. I really want to like the vt50 but I'm worried about longevity of the plasma and the brightness in the room. To me 2 grand for a tv is a lot of money, so I want something that's going to last. My first choice was the 850 Sony but it's unavailable in this area and I'm not willing to pay what it's going for online. I've read tons of info on the Panasonic and Samsung, but not so much the LG, is this because the LG is of poorer quality? Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc101808 View Post

Hey all, first post long time reader. I'll apologize in advance if this has already been hashed out. I attempted to search both here and Google, and couldn't find anything comparing the three. I'm looking at these tv's in 55", and I'm at an end pass. I know the pluses and minuses between led and plasma, but I'm unable to do a side by side comparison, so any first hand experience would be appreciated. The tv will be in the upstairs of a split level home with a decent amount of natural light. I really want to like the vt50 but I'm worried about longevity of the plasma and the brightness in the room. To me 2 grand for a tv is a lot of money, so I want something that's going to last. My first choice was the 850 Sony but it's unavailable in this area and I'm not willing to pay what it's going for online. I've read tons of info on the Panasonic and Samsung, but not so much the LG, is this because the LG is of poorer quality? Thanks for any help.

Yeah, I'd throw the LG out immediately. I'd also say the VT50 beats the ES7500 pretty handily as well. I think quite a few on AVS would agree that the VT50 was the best FP of 2012. The VT50 also won the Value Electronics Shootout over the Samsung's bigger brother ES8000.

http://www.hometheater.com/content/podcast-113-kevin-miller

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57439424-221/panasonic-vt50-wins-value-electronics-2012-tv-picture-quality-shootout/

Also feel free to check out the owner threads for each FP on here and see what you think, but I believe the VT50 is the absolute no brainer here.

60F8000; RX-V367; TSi300 x2; YST-SW102; Harmony 650; Apple TV; Microsoft Xbox One Console; RF-HTS120;

xRite i1 Display Pro (OEM); CalMAN 5 Basic; ColorHCFR
post #3 of 3 Old 02-21-2013, 10:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Funny Sony would be far down on my list. If you've been out of the market for a while Sony's quality has gone down dramatically. They have cheaped out on parts for a few years now. I too would choose the Panny if quality is your ultimate goal.
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page