AVS Forum banner
8K views 92 replies 22 participants last post by  tgm1024 
#1 ·
What TV comes to mind as the worst you've seen recently? Balancing everything, is there a TV so terrible that it's mere existence horrifies you?

#77 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozthatat  /t/1459727/whats-the-worst-flat-panel-tv-youve-seen-lately/60#post_23049268

Ah I see, so clearly every reviewer/writer should be dismissed and deemed incompetent. Makes sense.

Don't see where I said that. Just saying that some reviewers seems to arrive at conclusions that are at odds with the majority, which merely makes them questionable at the very least.

Televisioninfo is a very good example of this.

#78 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross  /t/1459727/whats-the-worst-flat-panel-tv-youve-seen-lately/0_100#post_23050139

I've got to say this is the weirdest thread I've seen in a long time. We all come to AVS to find out the newest in tech, the best gear in almost any category and here you guys are arguing over what is the worst display you've seen. Bizarre.

Ken, I think you're over simplifying this. This thread is precisely what I've been hoping to find for a long time.

It's an elaboration of "caveat emptor".

When I started this thread, I realized that I had not yet found within AVS a list of TVs to weed out. Most people buying a TV are terrified of being burned. $500 to $4000 is major money for most folks.

Then I realized that the more research I did, the more I realized that what looks good on paper, on the showroom floor, in front of the salesman, can be a disaster for many once it gets home, and the reasons for it sometimes don't surface within the customer reviews.

#82 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97  /t/1459727/whats-the-worst-flat-panel-tv-youve-seen-lately/0_100#post_23051985

I'll give you some hugs, too, Mr. Popularity.

LOL!

Quote:
I'm surprised no random Chinese junk has been mentioned yet as worst unless I overlooked/forgot it (instead, sets from the heavyweights, including Toshiba, Panasonique and LG).

Probably because what sticks out in people's minds are the bitter disappointments. For instance, if I were to bust on cars for their performance, I'd probably start with the entire Honda Prelude joke line over decades. But I wouldn't mention the Yugo. They had an excuse for being low-end performance----they weren't purported to be anything else.

Besides, most of those random Chinese junk panels were OEM'd into major manufacturers anyway (forehead slap).

#87 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood  /t/1459727/whats-the-worst-flat-panel-tv-youve-seen-lately/60#post_23052599

What 60Hz LCD do you recommend?

Anything from Vizio, Viore or Polaroid.

#89 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood  /t/1459727/whats-the-worst-flat-panel-tv-youve-seen-lately/80_40#post_23052524

Is it true that every plasma ever produced in all of the universe's history has been fantastic compared to LCDs?

I think LCDs are the best Rx for constipation.
Back again? Didn't you burn your last anti-LCD diatribe into your PlasmaTron screen as I previously suggested? It only takes (literally) a moment and then you could have a permanent reminder of how much better Plasma is.

#90 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood  /t/1459727/whats-the-worst-flat-panel-tv-youve-seen-lately/60#post_23052524

Is it true that every plasma ever produced in all of the universe's history has been fantastic compared to LCDs?

No
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood  /t/1459727/whats-the-worst-flat-panel-tv-youve-seen-lately/60#post_23052524

I think LCDs are the best Rx for constipation.

It's probably all that radiation you've been absorbing from your plasma that's made you constipated.

Seriously Art, did it ever occur to you that your posts are among the most repetitious in the history of AVS?

#93 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTguru3  /t/1459727/whats-the-worst-flat-panel-tv-youve-seen-lately/0_100#post_23055573

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024  /t/1459727/whats-the-worst-flat-panel-tv-youve-seen-lately#post_23002534

Is that a rare, common, or totally universal thing for the Elite?

Rest assured, Sharp is working on a fix as we speak right now. Should be out "next week".

There should be an entire sub-forum dedicated to getting emotional help for those of us afflicted with the "Just wait.....the best is right around the corner" disease.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.