using old mount plate with new brackets for my new tv - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-25-2013, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys,
I just replaced my 8 Toshiba Regza 37 inch 37HL67 http://www.crutchfield.com/S-oiFTJM4C4CM/p_05237HL67/Toshiba-37HL67.html with a samsung es6900 50 inch tv. I wanted to use my old unversal mount or atleast the plate portion of it since, I don't want to have drill new three inch holes on the wall. The Vesa pattern for the new TV ix 400 X 400. Looking at the location of the four screw holes, it appers that my old plate would work since it's about 19" , and it looks like the brackets on new TV are about 15.7" apart. However since the mount was actually for a 40 inch, the brackets?(the metal strips you screw onto the tv, which hook onto the plate) aren't quite long enough, so I will need to get new ones that are. Looking at mounts online, looks like the plates are pretty much standard. If I were able to get new brackets,would it be ok to use them with the old plate? or is this not a very good idea. The new TV is about 12 pounds ligher than the old one.

Thanks in advane
Image of the plate

side view of the plate

brackets strill attached to old tv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-26-2013, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looks like I used the wrong terminology as suspected. Those things that screw onto the tv are called rails I guess. It could be possible to use those same rails if I only used one screw(the bottom and leaving out with the top). would this be risky?
post #3 of 5 Old 03-26-2013, 08:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 63
The wall plates are not standardized. You will more than likely have to replace the whole thing, unless you find one from the same manufacturer. Getting one from the same company does not guarantee that it will fit.

post #4 of 5 Old 03-26-2013, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Odds are some of the holes in the wall will line up so you may only need drill 1 or 2 more holes. They are hidden anyway so I see no real issue until you remove the mount or move or such, but then you only have an extra hole to fill, no big deal.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-27-2013, 08:57 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by jctrader View Post

Hi guys,
I just replaced my 8 Toshiba Regza 37 inch 37HL67 http://www.crutchfield.com/S-oiFTJM4C4CM/p_05237HL67/Toshiba-37HL67.html with a samsung es6900 50 inch tv. I wanted to use my old unversal mount or atleast the plate portion of it since, I don't want to have drill new three inch holes on the wall. The Vesa pattern for the new TV ix 400 X 400. Looking at the location of the four screw holes, it appers that my old plate would work since it's about 19" , and it looks like the brackets on new TV are about 15.7" apart. However since the mount was actually for a 40 inch, the brackets?(the metal strips you screw onto the tv, which hook onto the plate) aren't quite long enough, so I will need to get new ones that are. Looking at mounts online, looks like the plates are pretty much standard. If I were able to get new brackets,would it be ok to use them with the old plate? or is this not a very good idea. The new TV is about 12 pounds ligher than the old one.

brackets strill attached to old tv

Here's a pic of how i adapted the upright brackets to my TV:
900x900px-LL-bd94b845_IMG_4851.jpeg

It sounds like the only issue you're having is that your existing upright brackets aren't long enough to reach the mounting holes in the back of your new TV right ? If so, i had a similar situation with my GT50 last year so i cut two pieces of slotted Din Rail and used a small metric screw with nut on the upper portion to extend the reach of my existing mount's Upright Brackets upward to reach the top mounting holes. The recess in the Din Rail give clearance for the hex nut hidden inside so it doesn't mash up against the TV's rear cover. The black screw on top is the regular ones that screws into the back of the TV. The silver screw below is very short and has a hex nut behind the rail, and is only to secure the Din Rail to the Upright Bracket.

On the TV's bottom mounting holes, i simply used a slightly longer screw to run through the upright bracket and through the Din Rail to sandwich them together against the backside of the TV. So i basically just extended the top of the Brackets with the Din Rail.

The black knobs on top are metal drawer pulls screwed to the top of the Din Rail to i can move the TV without getting my fingerprints all over it.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
Toshiba Regza 37hl67 37 Inch 720p Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page