Panasonic smart 3D TX-L50ET60B - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 04-25-2013, 04:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys,

Just wandering if anyone has bought this tv: Panasonic TX-L50ET60B , I was looking at the LG 55lm7600 previously but got turned off by bad reviews and it seems endless problems, Which disappointed us a lot as we had our minds made to purchase this TV!!

Although there were nice extras with the lg there seems to be a lack of customer support and not a great warranty while the Panasonic offers a 5 year warranty (or so I've been told by a local retailer, who is moving away from LG altogether)

As I said on the forum for LG lm7600, This is my first move to LED as I've been around plasma for a long time! You will probably ask why not stay with plasma and teenage son is the reason!!! He really wants smart 3D LED!!!

The reason I'm mentioning these two is we are looking for passive 3D!

So I'm looking for some feed back on this one pleeeesae!!!! Panasonic smart 3D TX-L50ET60B
Or even some recommendations on others!!!

Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by eireusa View Post

Hi Guys,

Just wandering if anyone has bought this tv: Panasonic TX-L50ET60B , I was looking at the LG 55lm7600 previously but got turned off by bad reviews and it seems endless problems, Which disappointed us a lot as we had our minds made to purchase this TV!!

Although there were nice extras with the lg there seems to be a lack of customer support and not a great warranty while the Panasonic offers a 5 year warranty (or so I've been told by a local retailer, who is moving away from LG altogether)

As I said on the forum for LG lm7600, This is my first move to LED as I've been around plasma for a long time! You will probably ask why not stay with plasma and teenage son is the reason!!! He really wants smart 3D LED!!!

The reason I'm mentioning these two is we are looking for passive 3D!

So I'm looking for some feed back on this one pleeeesae!!!! Panasonic smart 3D TX-L50ET60B
Or even some recommendations on others!!!

Thanks for any help

Panasonic does not carry a 5 year warranty. It's one like nearly every other manufacturer. A Chinese brand called TCL carries a 2 year warranty, and BBY's brand Insignia used to carry a 2 year, however they're back to a one year.

As far as the two FPs go, Panasonic shouldn't be your first choice in the LCD arena and though I wouldn't say LG should be your first either, the LM7600 is indeed a solid choice and would/will outperform the Pansonic in question, hands down.

As far as other recommendations, if your're looking specifically for passive 3D, I'd look at the Sony R550 models. There's an owner's thread here thats just starting to bustle with information from new found owners and I'd keep your eye their to see how they feel. I haven't seen that line, but I would think that it's a safe bet to say that they'll outperform the ET60 line from Panasonic.

60F8000; RX-V367; TSi300 x2; YST-SW102; Harmony 650; Apple TV; Microsoft Xbox One Console; RF-HTS120;

xRite i1 Display Pro (OEM); CalMAN 5 Basic; ColorHCFR
post #3 of 7 Old 05-02-2013, 03:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozthatat View Post

Panasonic does not carry a 5 year warranty. It's one like nearly every other manufacturer. A Chinese brand called TCL carries a 2 year warranty, and BBY's brand Insignia used to carry a 2 year, however they're back to a one year.

As far as the two FPs go, Panasonic shouldn't be your first choice in the LCD arena and though I wouldn't say LG should be your first either, the LM7600 is indeed a solid choice and would/will outperform the Pansonic in question, hands down.

As far as other recommendations, if your're looking specifically for passive 3D, I'd look at the Sony R550 models. There's an owner's thread here thats just starting to bustle with information from new found owners and I'd keep your eye their to see how they feel. I haven't seen that line, but I would think that it's a safe bet to say that they'll outperform the ET60 line from Panasonic.

Thanks for your reply sorry i did now think this thread got through, in regards to the 5 year warranty yes that is what panasonic is offering on there tv's at the moment that is why i taught this was such a better deal. But you are saying even with a 5 year warranty i still should not go for panasonic would that be right?
post #4 of 7 Old 05-02-2013, 04:09 AM - Thread Starter

Just a thought when it comes to Lg what is this years model or equivalent of the LM7600? Is it this LG55LA960W
post #5 of 7 Old 05-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Just a thought when it comes to Lg what is this years model or equivalent of the LM7600? Is it this LG55LA960W

The equivalent model is the LA7400.

And again Panasonic does not carry a 5 year warranty. At least not in the U.S. and Puerto Rico, and I can't imagine that they'd honor or carry anything other than a 1 year anywhere else in the world.

http://shop.panasonic.com/docs/warranty/2013/tv-warranties/2013_Passive_3D_Models_Warranty.pdf

60F8000; RX-V367; TSi300 x2; YST-SW102; Harmony 650; Apple TV; Microsoft Xbox One Console; RF-HTS120;

post #6 of 7 Old 05-03-2013, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozthatat View Post

The equivalent model is the LA7400.

And again Panasonic does not carry a 5 year warranty. At least not in the U.S. and Puerto Rico, and I can't imagine that they'd honor or carry anything other than a 1 year anywhere else in the world.

http://shop.panasonic.com/docs/warranty/2013/tv-warranties/2013_Passive_3D_Models_Warranty.pdf

Thank you for helping with this years model of lg.

but again i have to say that i am getting a 5 year warranty on panasonic i am not in the U.S or Puerto Rico. My question would be to you if you were getting a 5 year warranty on this tv would that make it a better option? I doubled checked this warranty offer yesterday. And have to say having a 5 year warranty on anything seems a good option to me, LG over here only does a 1 year warranty on there sets.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-03-2013, 01:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thank you for helping with this years model of lg.

but again i have to say that i am getting a 5 year warranty on panasonic i am not in the U.S or Puerto Rico. My question would be to you if you were getting a 5 year warranty on this tv would that make it a better option? I doubled checked this warranty offer yesterday. And have to say having a 5 year warranty on anything seems a good option to me, LG over here only does a 1 year warranty on there sets.

That's a personal preference honestly. I feel as though a stock 5 year warranty is almost too good of a thing to pass up on (if indeed the mfct. will/is honoring that) However, if performance is the ultimate goal (for PQ) then the LG would we be the clear choice here (in most viewing environments)

If you're asking my opinion I'd take the LG model in question and look at buying a SquareTrade warranty.

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
Panasonic Tc L50et60 50 Inch Smart 3d Ips Led Hdtv Includes 2 Pairs Of 3d Polarized Glasses , Lg Cinema Screen 47lm7600 47 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page